Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

January 08 Applicants

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 5:06 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by lynneandwayne
hi thanks yes have just heard from agent re 1st july... we have not got medicals or up to date police checks yet, agent keeps telling us to wait.. ???? any idea how much the meds cost, me and hubby and two young boys... lynne.
Hi there,
Medicals vary slightly as to where you get them done. We've not had any of ours done yet but we've got some quotes for about £800. Also a family of 4.
Your agent should be able to give you a better idea.
My agent keeps telling me to wait as well. Good thing i have as things are taking there time.
Good luck with it all
Anne

Last edited by Annehe28; Jun 23rd 2008 at 5:24 am. Reason: Re read and noticed i missed something out
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 5:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

hi hello there too.... have just been told by agent re july 1st.. ah can only wait.............................................. .................................................. .......................................
Meds cost about £200 for adults and £100 for kids plus xrays and bloods. Ring all the ones in your area for prices - they do vary.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:54 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Beginning to think we should've waited Roll-on the 1st July, we need a VISA!!!!!
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Royston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Annehe28
Hi there,
Medicals vary slightly as to where you get them done. We've not had any of ours done yet but we've got some quotes for about £800. Also a family of 4.
Your agent should be able to give you a better idea.
My agent keeps telling me to wait as well. Good thing i have as things are taking there time.
Good luck with it all
Anne
hi I see your in Tetford.I live in Cambridge and had my medicals done at CMMS (Cambridge Migration Medical Services) they can be contacted on 01223 842319. it cost for me X-Ray £65.00 and medical (inc.hiv and courier) £145.00. If you ring them they can give you a quote.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by claireg
Yeah i'm up for anything - well somthings Let me know when and where and i'll try and be there
Originally Posted by Fly Away
Fantastic news Mary - hopefully someone will buy soon!! You have a unique selling feature with the neighbour's son. Why would he need to look?? Hold your nerve hun - I thought I would crack - but I didn't - you won't either.

Pmsl that the St Joe worked - they also sell St Nicholas figures to aid safe journeys - do you think that would work for the visa?!

Fingers crossed for you Claire! I hope the market is picking up in Wigan. I heard of another EA closing today too...

Nice idea - it's a 5 hour drive but we could make a weekend of it.

I'll see what i can sort out tonight with the other girls and let you both know.

Never thought i'd get so excited by 2 days
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:54 pm
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

Mary: Great news!! Thing are moving!! Wohou!

Niamh: Good to see you. Hope you are feeling OK

Beccie: nice to see you back

And to new ones on ther thread welcome

Yep... 7 days to 1st of July.

BTW Hubby got a job offer now wondering if we should apply for 457 in beetween. Sent DIAC e-mail asking about processing times. AND there was a visa grant for 21st Nov applicant today

And now off to grocery store. It finally stopped pouring and fridge is empty and we are hungry

Kati
Old Jun 24th 2008, 12:05 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Hi every one

Mary great news keep them coming finally something is moving

My Dh got an email saying they are upping the amopunt of visa for this year for all states so fingers crossed we here soon like very soon

how is every one else doing we are still good having a few omygod moments but for the most part im enjoying it and planning all the nice thiongs we can do while we are here

met up with a lovely girl today who moved over 8 months ago and is doing very well with settleing gave me some great tip for things to do with the kids and that

so who thinks we will have co in july

I miss coming on here so much computer has been very busy so I havent had as much time on it

Keep well and come on visa madness im so ready now
Old Jun 24th 2008, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Royston
hi I see your in Tetford.I live in Cambridge and had my medicals done at CMMS (Cambridge Migration Medical Services) they can be contacted on 01223 842319. it cost for me X-Ray £65.00 and medical (inc.hiv and courier) £145.00. If you ring them they can give you a quote.
Cheers for that Royston. Is it easy to find? Cambridge and Norwich are both close both have places for medicals to be done. I know where Norwich one is. The only thing there is x-rays are done on a different site. Cambridge is all done in the same building.
I'll call them later.
Where do you hope to head for?
Anne
Old Jun 24th 2008, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Baby75
yea only in winter think it stays bright till about 7 in summer

the weather is lovely in the day but i tell you its so cold at night some times and first thing in the morning Bring your night gowns and slippers you will use them although its is so nice getting up and seeing the sun shinning in the morning it does heat up very quick and then your putting on shorts and a t-shirt house are built for keeping you cool in the summer not warm in winter and that a fact we have a fire in the evenings its so cosy
Sounds perfect to me, glad your enjoying it, we can't wait I think that goes for all of us
Old Jun 24th 2008, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Hi All,

See someone from November got their visa today so things are still happening, only december to go then its us ............

Mary I agree with Flyaway snap there hands off and don't worry about being homeless its not so bad

I do read the thread every couple of days but don't always get time to post so 'i'm here watching
Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

lynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: January 08 Applicants

hey so things are moving, is any one going to melbourne.... does anyone keep getting second thoughts on the whole thing, or is that just me????? I guess its just the enormity of the whole thing i worry about......
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

hey so things are moving, is any one going to melbourne.... does anyone keep getting second thoughts on the whole thing, or is that just me????? I guess its just the enormity of the whole thing i worry about......
Normal behaviour I think, one minute excited the next omg are we doing the right thing, I think it'll really kick in when the visa arrives
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Beccie
Hi All,

See someone from November got their visa today so things are still happening, only december to go then its us ............

Mary I agree with Flyaway snap there hands off and don't worry about being homeless its not so bad

I do read the thread every couple of days but don't always get time to post so 'i'm here watching
I'm still doubtful as to whether they'll come back on Saturday It all seems a bit too good to be ture...........i'll let you all know the outcome at the weekend.

Every day
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:24 pm

Just noticed on the automated update email that they've deleted the bit that said the old style police form could be used until further notice

Hopefully all the one's i've sent will still be valid.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

vlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by mary1967
Just noticed on the automated update email that they've deleted the bit that said the old style police form could be used until further notice

Hopefully all the one's i've sent will still be valid.
Well done for picking that up!

I read on the ACPO website that the "old" one was called the "subject access" PCC and that no notificiation was received by embassies YET that they do not accept the old style PCC besides the US who has a cut off date of 15 Aug. The "new" PCC (ACPO) has your passport photo attached to the PCC and is specifically done for immigration purposes , so I assume it would not be long before they make it the only acceptable version...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.