Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

NIAMH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank the Lord! I was imagining all sorts of terrible things! glad to hear you had a good time though.

Originally Posted by mary1967
Phewwwwwwwwwwww..................You had us worried Niamh:: What are we gonna be like when you go to Oz????? better get that internet connection sorted out fast and don't forget to give your OH your password before you go into labour.

Yes you'd better - we will only worry!

Nice to hear your MIL is being supportive, just keep reminding yourself why you're doing this when others give you grief.

You should get your MIL to have a word with your family! Or just say to them that this is your last week and it would be nice if you could all have a good time without comments because these memories will be precious.

I can imagine how you feel about leaving your dog, just remember he's gone to a good home and will be well looked after.
You must be gutted. As Mary said, you know he will be well looked after and you will be able to get updates and photos etc.

No idea, although i would imagine it's some sort of computer system.
It woiuld be nice if they actually told us. It's hardly national security.

Originally Posted by karlakoala
That's it!
I'm slipping further into depression with all this! Positive thinkin not workin right now - it's the house more than the visa though. I hate this feeling of helplessness.

It's horrible isn't it? Sending you a big ((((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))) Hopefully you'll have good news soon.

I have been trying to talk OH into reducing our price but he won't have it! I sobbed all over him last night, there is nothing I want more than to get out of that house!!! I feel like it's the only thing standing in the way of me getting to Australia (ok I know I've not got a visa yet, but even if I had I wouldn't be going anywhere until the house sells).

Please help everyone, any suggestions on how I can lift my mood again?? :
I hate my house now - I regularly kick it! I seriously don't ever want to buy again if it can cause this much grief. The only way to feel better is to try to forget about it. Do something completely different.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 9:38 pm
FollowTheYellowBrickRoad

karlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fly Away
NIAMH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank the Lord! I was imagining all sorts of terrible things! glad to hear you had a good time though.

You must be gutted. As Mary said, you know he will be well looked after and you will be able to get updates and photos etc.

It woiuld be nice if they actually told us. It's hardly national security.

I hate my house now - I regularly kick it! I seriously don't ever want to buy again if it can cause this much grief. The only way to feel better is to try to forget about it. Do something completely different.
I know exactly what you mean - when I get home from work & see it I feel stressed straight away!! We did so much work on it, spent so much money, time and energy on it - I feel cheated.

Thanks for the hug! It was needed!!
I'm just in a daze, don't know what to think any more!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I know exactly what you mean - when I get home from work & see it I feel stressed straight away!! We did so much work on it, spent so much money, time and energy on it - I feel cheated.

Thanks for the hug! It was needed!!
I'm just in a daze, don't know what to think any more!
I feel the same - I worked hard for the last 20 years buying houses, doing them up and moving up the ladder. Now we come to sell up, we have lost most of the sweat equity we worked for. We are selling our house for what we paid for it - but we have spent £50k on it. Needn't of bothered.:curse:

Fingers crossed you get some good news soon. The only advice I can give re the sale, is to get out there and tell everyone you know that you are selling - say if you have a private sale you can sell cheaper... just keep pushing. Hopefully there is someone out there.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:12 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Hi every one

We will have internet access straight away I promise ill keep you updated

Karla All I can say is you will come through the other end but keep working on DH or may be think about renting so you can go when visa comes hope your feeling better

Nic hello yea it was nice and relaxing bit weird coming home with out our dog but she will be spoilt and probably fatter in no time so Im ok about it just reality check I think

Hi Mary

Well one less thing to do have all my letters for the flight sexy flight socks and ive to take aspirin as well so relieved thats thats all sorted only have to collect my chart on thursday and thas every thing to do with the baby yea!!

Hope every one is feeling good have to get back to sorting the house out and bring DS to doc poor fellow is sick again
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Baby75
Hi every one

We will have internet access straight away I promise ill keep you updated

Karla All I can say is you will come through the other end but keep working on DH or may be think about renting so you can go when visa comes hope your feeling better

Nic hello yea it was nice and relaxing bit weird coming home with out our dog but she will be spoilt and probably fatter in no time so Im ok about it just reality check I think

Hi Mary

Well one less thing to do have all my letters for the flight sexy flight socks and ive to take aspirin as well so relieved thats thats all sorted only have to collect my chart on thursday and thas every thing to do with the baby yea!!

Hope every one is feeling good have to get back to sorting the house out and bring DS to doc poor fellow is sick again
Glad that you are OK and everything is going well! poor boy - hope the Doc can prescribe some antibiotics if he has an ear infection. It's miserable for them with all the colds they get. Hopefully he will be on the mend by the time you fly.

I'm cleaning here as we have a viewing tomorrow - even though we have 2 buyers it is still on the market... keeping our options open.

Just got a new solicitor.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:54 am
Claireg

claireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud of

Glad that you are OK and everything is going well! poor boy - hope the Doc can prescribe some antibiotics if he has an ear infection. It's miserable for them with all the colds they get. Hopefully he will be on the mend by the time you fly.

I'm cleaning here as we have a viewing tomorrow - even though we have 2 buyers it is still on the market... keeping our options open.

Afternoon all

We had a viewer lastnight,thought i would'nt mention it to see if it brought us any luck, well.................................... has it S*** EA just rang they like it but it's only the 2nd house that they have looked at and are looking round the area :curse: So next time i'll let you in on it!

Glad your ok Baby - i know how you feel about your dog, we had a boxer last year and when we decided that we would start our process we looked into taking him with us but we decided against it and that while he was still young (1yr) that it would be best all round for him and our DD (who am i fooling, and me!!) to go to someone who would look after him and they are.

Congrats on your new solicitior and your viewings Fly away, fingers crossed
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 3:48 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's it!
I'm slipping further into depression with all this! Positive thinkin not workin right now - it's the house more than the visa though. I hate this feeling of helplessness.

I have been trying to talk OH into reducing our price but he won't have it! I sobbed all over him last night, there is nothing I want more than to get out of that house!!! I feel like it's the only thing standing in the way of me getting to Australia (ok I know I've not got a visa yet, but even if I had I wouldn't be going anywhere until the house sells).

Please help everyone, any suggestions on how I can lift my mood again??

There's a whole bunch of us who feel exactly the same way - my OH wouldn't reduce for ages, but he finally agreed and we dropped by £10k, not that it's done much good.

Originally Posted by claireg
Afternoon all

We had a viewer lastnight,thought i would'nt mention it to see if it brought us any luck, well.................................... has it S*** EA just rang they like it but it's only the 2nd house that they have looked at and are looking round the area :curse: So next time i'll let you in on it!

Glad your ok Baby - i know how you feel about your dog, we had a boxer last year and when we decided that we would start our process we looked into taking him with us but we decided against it and that while he was still young (1yr) that it would be best all round for him and our DD (who am i fooling, and me!!) to go to someone who would look after him and they are.

Well they've not been near mine At least they like it and may come back, fingers crossed!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 5:23 am
Claireg

claireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud of

There's a whole bunch of us who feel exactly the same way - my OH wouldn't reduce for ages, but he finally agreed and we dropped by £10k, not that it's done much good.

Well they've not been near mine At least they like it and may come back, fingers crossed!!!

Watch this space they might as they are looking in our area
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 5:52 am

Watch this space they might as they are looking in our area

Think they'd have already made an appointment if that was the case. Hope you get a call for a second viewing!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:19 am
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

Mary - Its me and you girl are we ever going to sell these houses? :curse:
Hello - been reading all the gossip... we are in the same position now as our buyer 'changed their mind' after 4 weeks. 4 WEEKS! how can anyone be so selfish :curse: - we were too trusting - we should have been more concerned when they didn't arrange a survey (ie didn't spend a penny).... so back to cleaning the house and viewings....

Talking about pets - we have 2 cats - they are about 12 years old - so we really want to find them a good home here so that they don't have to make the journey all the way to Oz - our neighbors have said that they will take them - so thats an option - so sad leaving pets - and family behind! .... and yet I can't wait!

question - does anyone know where I can find a list of things we can/can't take to Oz with us - for eg not sure we can take our feather duvet or pillows (how sad - I love my pillow!)

Chins Up Everyone...

Last edited by funshine; Jun 3rd 2008 at 8:41 am.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:36 am

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

dead right Nic keep your options open you never know

well we never got to the doc but DS is much better today cold seems to be easing at last and no temp Ill see how he is tomorrow

we are like mad things clearing out the house and packing our bags so much to do for the weekend

Claire I keep expecting her to be there on the floor under my feet but she isn't im ok though I know ill see her again and she will be ok were she is ive uploaded a picture TAI the boxer
thats is just crappy about the the viewers fingers crossed they come back

funshine dont you just hate people like that:curse: good question on the quilt thing I wouldnt have a clue my self
Attached Thumbnails January 08 Applicants-picture-063.jpg  
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Afternoon all

Thanks Claire. What a bummer your viewer was crap. Our viewers tomorrow have only just put their house on the market - there is no way they can proceed... very annoying... got to let them see though - just in case.

Originally Posted by funshine
Hello - been reading all the gossip... we are in the same position now as our buyer 'changed their mind' after 4 weeks. 4 WEEKS! how can anyone be so selfish: - we were too trusting - we should have been more concerned when they didn't arrange a survey (ie didn't spend a penny).... so back to cleaning the house and viewings....

OMG! How terrible The barstewards!:curse:
I hope you get some more buyers really soon. We've had 2 sales fall through and it's awful.

Talking about pets - we have 2 cats - they are about 12 years old - so we really want to find them a good home here so that they don't have to make the journey all the way to Oz - our neighbors have said that they will take them - so thats an option - so sad leaving pets - and family behind! .... and yet I can't wait!

So hard - our 2 cats both died of old age ast year. I don't think I could have left them behind as I have no family in the UK. Don't know what I would have done as one was 12 and the other 19.

question - does anyone know where I can find a list of things we can/can't take to Oz with us - for eg not sure we can take our feather duvet or pillows (how sad - I love my pillow!)

Chins Up Everyone...
There is a website for the Aussie customs which gives you a list. Not sure about feather pillows as I have one too.

Sending Ks for good luck.

Originally Posted by Baby75
dead right Nic keep your options open you never know :
well we never got to the doc but DS is much better today cold seems to be easing at last and no temp Ill see how he is tomorrow

we are like mad things clearing out the house and packing our bags so much to do for the weekend

Claire I keep expecting her to be there on the floor under my feet but she isn't im ok though I know ill see her again and she will be ok were she is ive uploaded a picture TAI the boxer
thats is just crappy about the the viewers fingers crossed they come back

funshine dont you just hate people like that: good question on the quilt thing I wouldnt have a clue my self
Good news that your little one is better. Can't believe that you still have time to post on here!!!

Tai is lovely - I'm glad you will still see him and get news. The flight would be hell for him and he will be happy.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:31 am

Good news that your little one is better. Can't believe that you still have time to post on here!!!

Tai is lovely - I'm glad you will still see him and get news. The flight would be hell for him and he will be happy.[/QUOTE]

Yea im delighted esp with only 6 days left this time next week We will be in Australia

I have cats to re home as well but have that sorted too oh and Tai is all girl LOL
Your right though she is 7 now and suffers from separation anxiety and the thought of putting her through the flight was a big no she wold be a nervous wreck and probably be sick plus I just couldn't do it to her shell be right

oh we are very quite tonight wish we could have some good news soon on houses and visa
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 6:50 pm

Your dog's lovely Niamh

Did anyone watch Panorama from the other night? I watched it on catch up tv last night and very nearly put my fist through the telly:curse:

Really feel for you Funshine, having watched that programme where people were being advised to wait or put in 'cheeky offers', no bloody wonder the market's the way it is. Of course the upshot of all this is that sooner or later it will affect people who aren't even selling, ie. tradesmen who can't find work cause nobody will buy houses that are being built..................etc, etc

Doom and gloom or what????
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:40 pm
FollowTheYellowBrickRoad

karlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to all

Well, I'm not sure what it will do for us but I talked long & hard with OH last night & we've decided to reduce our asking price - we were looking at our competition online & decided to price it so it becomes a bargain compared to others in the same price range. (though I thought it already was tbh)

So.......watch this space

Btw, I've watched enough "nothing to declare" to know feather duvets & pillows are a definite no go!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.