Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 2:07 am
Claireg

claireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud of
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Hi all

Just come back from a week in Scotland and have spent a couple of hours catching up on what you've been up to!!! I am nosey

Baby - wow 1 week away and you'll be on your plane (i think i've got that right - skim read some threads!!) Hope all goes as you plan - Good Luck

Fly Away - Fingers crossed on your private buyer look forward to seeing your messages on Friday again hope all goes well

Mary - Its me and you girl are we ever going to sell these houses? :curse:
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 5:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mary1967
Think it's probably wishful thinking on my part Fly Away

Stressed out with my eldest at the moment - she's in the middle of her GCSE exams and trying to get that girl to revise is a bloody nightmare:curse:

How's it going Niamh? not seen you for ages?????
Hi Mary, I'd give up less stress and if she doesn't know it now she won't learn it revising, my Fred hasn't done any revision he won't and I'm not getting stressed about it he knows the consequencies

Hi Flyaway fingers crossed for your sale hope it goes through

I have been reading the threads when I can but been trying to keep busy and not think about it too much. It seems to be moving again so hopefully not long now.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by claireg
Hi all

Just come back from a week in Scotland and have spent a couple of hours catching up on what you've been up to!!! I am nosey:

Baby - wow 1 week away and you'll be on your plane (i think i've got that right - skim read some threads!!) Hope all goes as you plan - Good Luck

Fly Away - Fingers crossed on your private buyer look forward to seeing your messages on Friday again hope all goes well

Mary - Its me and you girl are we ever going to sell these houses? :
Thanks Claire - I hope you had a good holiday. Fingers crossed for a sale for you soon too.

I'm worried about Niamh now... I expected her to be online today...

Originally Posted by Beccie
Hi Mary, I'd give up less stress and if she doesn't know it now she won't learn it revising, my Fred hasn't done any revision he won't and I'm not getting stressed about it he knows the consequencies ::

Hi Flyaway fingers crossed for your sale hope it goes through::

I have been reading the threads when I can but been trying to keep busy and not think about it too much. It seems to be moving again so hopefully not long now. ::

Thanks Beccie - here's hoping it goes through. This house selling stuff is very stressful..

I hope they start to work on the Novembers soon - hopefully when they have finished the Augusts, there will lots of COs.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:15 am
Claireg

claireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=Fly Away;6426589]Thanks Claire - I hope you had a good holiday. Fingers crossed for a sale for you soon too.

I'm worried about Niamh now... I expected her to be online today...

Holiday was good glad to get back dont know how i'll cope with OH in Oz as he's talking about talking a few months off before he starts work - just managed a week

Did i read right that she was taking insulin for diabetes related to her pregnancy? Maybe she's just having a quiet day fingers crossed she's ok.

Just read on Novembers thread someone from the 22nd Nov has been issued with a CO today ................ bring it on
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Holiday was good glad to get back dont know how i'll cope with OH in Oz as he's talking about talking a few months off before he starts work - just managed a week

PMSL, my OH is like that too. Drives me bonkers when he is home.
Did i read right that she was taking insulin for diabetes related to her pregnancy? Maybe she's just having a quiet day fingers crossed she's ok.

Yes, you're right, that's why I am a bit concerned she isn't well.

Just read on Novembers thread someone from the 22nd Nov has been issued with a CO today ................ bring it on
Yes - let's hope they keep processing the Novembers!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:42 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Getting worried about Niamh now - it's not like her to disappear without telling us what she's up to

Hi all

Just come back from a week in Scotland and have spent a couple of hours catching up on what you've been up to!!! I am nosey

Mary - Its me and you girl are we ever going to sell these houses? :curse:
I'm trying not to let it get me too down - my OH just keeps saying we've not got the visa yet so stop stressing:curse:

Originally Posted by Beccie
Hi Mary, I'd give up less stress and if she doesn't know it now she won't learn it revising, my Fred hasn't done any revision he won't and I'm not getting stressed about it he knows the consequencies

Hi Flyaway fingers crossed for your sale hope it goes through

I have been reading the threads when I can but been trying to keep busy and not think about it too much. It seems to be moving again so hopefully not long now.
My daughter could make a saint swear - after the math exam today she said she wished she'd revised more:curse:
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:46 am

Niamh's last post was on the 30th May - no mention of any problems

Niamh, where are you ??? We're getting worried about you
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Getting worried about Niamh now - it's not like her to disappear without telling us what she's up to

Me too - let's hope she is busy and will come back soon.

I'm trying not to let it get me too down - my OH just keeps saying we've not got the visa yet so stop stressing:

Men.

My daughter could make a saint swear - after the math exam today she said she wished she'd revised more::
Typical - at least she won't need GCSEs in Aus.

Niamh's last post was on the 30th May - no mention of any problems

Niamh, where are you ??? We're getting worried about you
I know... I hope it's just emmigrating stuff or internet problems.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:12 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Im still here girls

Hi Nic and Mary and every one else

Ahhh Thanks Girls you are so nice worrying about me all is well though We were away for the weekend wasn't planned DH parents took the boys to Carlow to spoil them and we were to pick them up Sunday but they asked us to stay so no internet access that and my DH just loves to tinker with the labtop drives me mad I keep saying if its not broke don't fix it for f sake

Still in the house its going next week money exchanging hands then as well I had a bit of a melt down on Saturday and Sunday morning our lovely boxer has gone to live with DH parents and I miss her already keep looking at the couch and expecting to see her sleeping on it but she is being spoilt and I know they will look after her. Plus my sister was giving me major guilt trips about spending quality time with her and the cheek of me leaving her !!!! and then expects me to change my plans to suit her and then I found out it was because she needed something to do as her Best friend was working family's I swear they just drive you nuts :curse:

Im on more insulin now as well so I was a bit fed up with crappy bland boring food and being starving

strangely it was My MIL who made me feel heaps better on Sunday she said yep they will miss us but she thinks we are doing the right thing and we will have a great time and not to be worried about them
think its normal to have the what the hell am i doing every now and then LOL

so think I explained my self lots happening in a few days LOL I promise Ill keeps you informed dont want you all worrying again but thanks

Last edited by Baby75; Jun 2nd 2008 at 10:24 am.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:21 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

ooops sorry didn't mean to have the writing so big

Just reading back though the posts are they ever going to get any were I really hope this new system works and we see movement its so slow

Nic good news about the buyer man that has top be rough for your solicitor Ive been keeping watch out for news on the housing market in UK now keep thinking of you all trying to sell

Mary stop stressing over your dd if she doesn't put in the effort and does not get the results she wants believe me she will be sorry and will pay the price My sister was the same and she still is sorry for not doing as well it was so embarrassing for her when they got the results and having to tell people how she done big Failed is a sobering experience. she will learn

well Im going to shut up now see you all later Dh is home so it will be fun nabbing the labtop but Ill get it

Clare Hello yep your right one week exactly to go and so much to do
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

krisecf will become famous soon enoughkrisecf will become famous soon enough

does anyone know what the system does??? is it r paper based or e lodged??

tbh they must sort something out because at this rate the backlog is only going to get worse.

we are now in june. they are still on sept with paperbased!!!
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:03 pm

Phewwwwwwwwwwww..................You had us worried Niamh What are we gonna be like when you go to Oz????? better get that internet connection sorted out fast and don't forget to give your OH your password before you go into labour.

Nice to hear your MIL is being supportive, just keep reminding yourself why you're doing this when others give you grief.

I can imagine how you feel about leaving your dog, just remember he's gone to a good home and will be well looked after.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by krisecf
does anyone know what the system does??? is it r paper based or e lodged??

tbh they must sort something out because at this rate the backlog is only going to get worse.

we are now in june. they are still on sept with paperbased!!!

No idea, although i would imagine it's some sort of computer system.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

dhakar_zubok is a jewel in the roughdhakar_zubok is a jewel in the roughdhakar_zubok is a jewel in the roughdhakar_zubok is a jewel in the rough

As of 3 June 2008 the ASPC Admin Section is processing applications as
follows:

Offshore Skilled visas (permanent and provisional)

Skilled Migration visas - All paper based applications for Class BN, BQ, BR, UX and UZ visas Subclasses 134, 136, 137, 138, 139, 495 and 496: 5 June 2007

General Skilled Migration visas: Class VE, VF,VB and Class VC subclass 487
Subclasses: 175, 176, 475, 476, 885, 886, 887, and 487
E-lodged: 10 November 2007 (It it freezed may be have to wait until next summer when it will melt)
Paper lodged: 19 September 2007
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 7:40 pm
FollowTheYellowBrickRoad

karlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to all

That's it!
I'm slipping further into depression with all this! Positive thinkin not workin right now - it's the house more than the visa though. I hate this feeling of helplessness.

I have been trying to talk OH into reducing our price but he won't have it! I sobbed all over him last night, there is nothing I want more than to get out of that house!!! I feel like it's the only thing standing in the way of me getting to Australia (ok I know I've not got a visa yet, but even if I had I wouldn't be going anywhere until the house sells).

Please help everyone, any suggestions on how I can lift my mood again??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.