Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old May 20th 2008, 8:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by Baby75
Thanks Nic my knees are are on the floor well done you Hope it all works out:

Thanks Niamh.

Still a no go on the money my hope is fading fast and I just checked ticket prices and they have gone up lots dont care though im still going do i sound like a spoilt child or what
Oh bum, I have everything crossed for you and am sending positive thoughts into the ether. This barsteward can't get away with this.:curse: A solicitors letter might do the trick.I so hope that you can book those flights. Heartbreaking that they have gone up though.
Old May 20th 2008, 8:37 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Oh bum, I have everything crossed for you and am sending positive thoughts into the ether. This barsteward can't get away with this.:curse: A solicitors letter might do the trick.I so hope that you can book those flights. Heartbreaking that they have gone up though.
We will get there eventually

Im tired to night My DS might have been up all last night sick but one he got antibiotics and calpol he was brand new and up to all sorts today but every thing seems a bit hopeless tonight ill feel better tomorrow I hope
Old May 20th 2008, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

We will get there eventually

Im tired to night My DS might have been up all last night sick but one he got antibiotics and calpol he was brand new and up to all sorts today but every thing seems a bit hopeless tonight ill feel better tomorrow I hope
Sending you a huge ((((((((((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))))) )))))) and another for your baby. I hope you both feel better tomorrow.

Who's idea was this emigrating lark??????????????
Old May 20th 2008, 9:05 am

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Sending you a huge ((((((((((((((((((((((((((hug))))))))))))))))))))) )))))) and another for your baby. I hope you both feel better tomorrow.

Who's idea was this emigrating lark??????????????
Ah Thanks Nic a good night sleep and ill be sorted baby says hi she is kicking up a storm in my tummy

I dont know but I could kick them hey it will be worth it in the end

I keep telling my self that
Old May 20th 2008, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah Thanks Nic a good night sleep and ill be sorted baby says hi she is kicking up a storm in my tummy

I dont know but I could kick them hey it will be worth it in the end

I keep telling my self that
Sleep well Niamh. I'm sure you need it. You must be exhausted. LOL at your baby waving too. I hope she doesn't keep you awake. (Mine used to wake up at 2am and tango!) Not long now and you and your little girl will be sitting in the Aussie sunshine. It will be worth it.
Old May 20th 2008, 9:29 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Nikki - I hope you hear really soon. Just seeing people getting their visas cheers me up.

You think so??? LOL. I think she looks cheeky.

PMSL.......

Well, I have sort of good news. We have a tentative offer on the house. Not a great one, but an OK one. BUT it all depends on finance. We'll have to wait until next week at the earliest to hear more... It's from someone I know privately. I have been working on him for a month... I should be an EA. Keep your fingers crossed and Niamh I need you down on your knees. I'm down on all 4s for your cheque stillwub:
Getting excited about your news Nic..........................just hope he can get the finance sorted, keep us posted.

Thanks Nic my knees are are on the floor well done you Hope it all works out

Still a no go on the money my hope is fading fast and I just checked ticket prices and they have gone up lots dont care though im still going do i sound like a spoilt child or what
Gutted for you Niamh, but it's not over yet. Send them a letter threatening court action and also mention that you want compensation for the additional expense you've had to incur:curse:
Old May 20th 2008, 9:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mary1967
Getting excited about your news Nic..........................just hope he can get the finance sorted, keep us posted.

Thanks Mary - it's not definate and I'm trying to stay realistic. Just have some more hope now.:unsure:

Gutted for you Niamh, but it's not over yet. Send them a letter threatening court action and also mention that you want compensation for the additional expense you've had to incur:curse:

Good idea. He has to pay what he owes. The CAB would hopefully be able to help too.
Old May 20th 2008, 10:13 am

I was hoping that the people who said they wanted our house would've reduced their price for a quick sale - no such luck Why is it just us guys who are reducing?????:curse:
Old May 20th 2008, 7:28 pm
Mrs Angry!

debbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud ofdebbie222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mary1967
I was hoping that the people who said they wanted our house would've reduced their price for a quick sale - no such luck Why is it just us guys who are reducing?????:curse:
They prob have all the time in the world and aint bothered about moving quickly! Good luck,hope they sell soon. I contact my EA and asked them to send me an info pack about letting. Given up on selling in time now

Debs
x
Old May 20th 2008, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by debbie222
They prob have all the time in the world and aint bothered about moving quickly! Good luck,hope they sell soon. I contact my EA and asked them to send me an info pack about letting. Given up on selling in time now

Debs
x

We may have to do the same Debs, but lets not give up hope just yet.
Old May 20th 2008, 8:52 pm

Hi every one hope this is lucky Wednesday

I had major wobbles last night told DH i didn't want to go any more he didn't take me seriously though. I guess I was thinking to much and over tired and fed up with all he crap with the money. every thing got to me

feel a lot better after a good night sleep still a bit shaky on if I want to go or not but I guess that the normal wobbles every one gets and ill be grand any one else feel like that sometimes
Old May 20th 2008, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning all,

Give the viewers time Mary - they might reduce in a week or two if they have no viewers. We all started off optimistic and we all believed the EAs crap that the houses would sell easily. Fingers crossed that they do sell. xxx

Same for you too Debs. I know that you are on a 475 like me and we don't have the luxury of 5 years to get there, but hopefully the market will improve in a few weeks. Get everything sorted for letting the house - as an option, chose an agent, get the details done etc and tell them you will give them a date to put it on for rental. That way, you can quickly decide to rent it out if it doesn't sell.

Sorry to hear you had a bad time last night Niamh. I'm sure we all will have / have had days like that. You have 3 kids and another on the way, have just cleared your house, your OH is being shafted by his boss and you are moving to the other side of the World and going through a protracted visa process! So not much to worry about there. . When you look at that list, it's no wonder you are stressed!! Hope you are feeling better today - we are here when you have a wobble.
Old May 20th 2008, 9:14 pm

Morning all,

Give the viewers time Mary - they might reduce in a week or two if they have no viewers. We all started off optimistic and we all believed the EAs crap that the houses would sell easily. Fingers crossed that they do sell. xxx

Same for you too Debs. I know that you are on a 475 like me and we don't have the luxury of 5 years to get there, but hopefully the market will improve in a few weeks. Get everything sorted for letting the house - as an option, chose an agent, get the details done etc and tell them you will give them a date to put it on for rental. That way, you can quickly decide to rent it out if it doesn't sell.

Sorry to hear you had a bad time last night Niamh. I'm sure we all will have / have had days like that. You have 3 kids and another on the way, have just cleared your house, your OH is being shafted by his boss and you are moving to the other side of the World and going through a protracted visa process! So not much to worry about there. . When you look at that list, it's no wonder you are stressed!! Hope you are feeling better today - we are here when you have a wobble.
When you put it like that Nic I wouldn't be normal if I wasn't stressed you actually made me laugh in a good way too im not to bad Ill be better if My Dh gets a phone call and gets off early so we can book tickets today though

I have to admire you though you have been through a lot and still have a great attitude and Mary

one day we will have the houses sorted sold and be in Australia in our new homes sipping a cocktail (after I pop I cant wait LOL) and wondering why we worried so much

Just wondering is every one renting first then buying a house I rather like the Idea of building our own home have always wanted to do that a girl can dream
Old May 20th 2008, 9:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

When you put it like that Nic I wouldn't be normal if I wasn't stressed you actually made me laugh in a good way too im not to bad Ill be better if My Dh gets a phone call and gets off early so we can book tickets today though

I have to admire you though you have been through a lot and still have a great attitude and Mary

one day we will have the houses sorted sold and be in Australia in our new homes sipping a cocktail (after I pop I cant wait LOL) and wondering why we worried so much

Just wondering is every one renting first then buying a house I rather like the Idea of building our own home have always wanted to do that a girl can dream
Glad to hear I made you laugh. I have to laugh, otherwise I'd cry, (and maybe jump off a cliff.) We will one day, be sitting there wondering why we were so worried. I just hope that day is really soon!!!

We will be renting first. I think Aussie house prices may be starting to slide so I wouldn't buy for a while. Plus, it is risky buying somewhere unknown - much better to get a feel for a place first. We would like to build too. My cousins out there have all built their own houses.

Busy day for me today - have a load of stuff to get ready to be collected by the autioneer tomorrow. Couldn't get it all out in case we had viewers, but I doubt we'll have any now ....
Old May 20th 2008, 9:30 pm

Glad to hear I made you laugh. I have to laugh, otherwise I'd cry, (and maybe jump off a cliff.) We will one day, be sitting there wondering why we were so worried. I just hope that day is really soon!!!

We will be renting first. I think Aussie house prices may be starting to slide so I wouldn't buy for a while. Plus, it is risky buying somewhere unknown - much better to get a feel for a place first. We would like to build too. My cousins out there have all built their own houses.

Busy day for me today - have a load of stuff to get ready to be collected by the autioneer tomorrow. Couldn't get it all out in case we had viewers, but I doubt we'll have any now ....
So true Nic have to keep smiling and keep positive we will get there and soon

We are renting first as well see how we go I do like the thoughts of building always did

Good luck today

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.