Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Jul 24th 2008, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by tiger222
Why stop with the form 80?!? Can't we get him to complete the form 1221 too? There must be other forms we can dream up for him to fill in?
There will be no forms. Ah you guys wil be insanely jealous when I dont have to do it.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Why stop with the form 80?!? Can't we get him to complete the form 1221 too? There must be other forms we can dream up for him to fill in?
PMSL. What a good idea. I know his email address. I will fake a letter from a CO and list 40 forms to fill in.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:26 am
FollowTheYellowBrickRoad

karlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mary1967
They do take care of us Karla, as your dad will continue to take care of you in the future. i'm so sorry to hear of your loss, take time to grieve Karla and then do what your dad wanted - make a better life for you all and continue to make your dad proud. XXX
That whole post was lovely!! Thanks Mary
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
There will be no forms. Ah you guys wil be insanely jealous when I dont have to do it.
The opportunity you're missing out on, Nige! We just learned the 'SECRET' from Mary - filling in the forms could get you a VISA sooner!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Fly Away
PMSL. What a good idea. I know his email address. I will fake a letter from a CO and list 40 forms to fill in.
I got it!! We can tell him the results from IELTS exam were lost - could he complete another test? Or maybe complete another form VERIFYING he took the test!?
Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:20 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Hate to rub it in Nige, but the man from immigration, he said YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by karlakoala
That whole post was lovely!! Thanks Mary
I hoped it helped a little bit

I got it!! We can tell him the results from IELTS exam were lost - could he complete another test? Or maybe complete another form VERIFYING he took the test!?
Don't put us through that again Tiger............................i was nearly driving down to Birmingham to beat the woman up!
Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:24 am

You evil woman!!!

Did the house go through ok? Are you still aiming to go early next year?

I can't understand why they're taking so long with the visa you've applied for...........i thought they'd got the whole stamp thing sorted out in April? Have you tried ringing the London Embassy?
Old Jul 24th 2008, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

ROTFPMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be perfect.

Hate to rub it in Nige, but the man from immigration, he said YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PMSL.

I hoped it helped a little bit

Don't put us through that again Tiger............................i was nearly driving down to Birmingham to beat the woman up!
I know, it was more stressful than either of our IELTS tests (yes we both took them!!)

You evil woman!!!

I know.

Did the house go through ok? Are you still aiming to go early next year?

STILL waiting to exchange. The buyer went on holiday and while he was away his idiot solicitor did the search on the WRONG house!

I can't understand why they're taking so long with the visa you've applied for...........i thought they'd got the whole stamp thing sorted out in April? Have you tried ringing the London Embassy?
No one knows what is going on. The only thing we know is that no 475s have been granted on BE or any other site I visit since 1st July. The current theory is that 495s - the visa which the 475s replaced were higher up the pecking order. They were processed faster than 136s for example. But now they could play second fiddle to 175s. Who knows???

Are you home now or in the hotel. If you are in the hotel, why aren't you out celebrating?????
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:17 am

ROTFPMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be perfect.

I know, it was more stressful than either of our IELTS tests (yes we both took them!!)

No one knows what is going on. The only thing we know is that no 475s have been granted on BE or any other site I visit since 1st July. The current theory is that 495s - the visa which the 475s replaced were higher up the pecking order. They were processed faster than 136s for example. But now they could play second fiddle to 175s. Who knows???

Are you home now or in the hotel. If you are in the hotel, why aren't you out celebrating?????

Have you thought about ringing the London Embassy to find out what's going on?

Back home now, sod celebrating, i need a good nights sleep there was no air conditioning in the apartment and so i've not slept properly for a week. The dog and our 2 cat's went mad when they saw us, god help them after a month in quarantine
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:23 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

hello every one

Nic I hope your right having a few problems here now and getting a bit stressed im kinda wishing we hung on and waited and came over after we had the visa might of meant coming in October but would have been a lot easier stress wise any way as it is things that were planned have not happened and looks like when I go in to labour Ill be on my own our friends wont be back from traveling they have extended their time away which they are entitled to just wish I knew that before hand IYKWIM i haven't given up hope I have my brother here his visa runs out in 5 weeks though WHV he has done his 3 months for to get another year just has to apply now just hoping he sorts him self out for me

moan over

hope I can post later on that we have a co at least when I check the status page my nerves are gone

cant wait to see tomorrow how many more visa grants there are that the one thing I hate I have to wait all day to find out cause of the time difference

oh was reading on the DEC thread a few people had rang and told 5 weeks and only processing up to the 12 I just think thats so funny
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Have you thought about ringing the London Embassy to find out what's going on?

I will ring when I get to 7 months - as that is the service standard maximum!! I don't hold out much hpe they can tell me anything though - other peole have rung and just been told there is no poblem, just wait....

Back home now, sod celebrating, i need a good nights sleep: there was no air conditioning in the apartment and so i've not slept properly for a week. The dog and our 2 cat's went mad when they saw us, god help them after a month in quarantine:
So you were plesed to come home on the hottest day this year then??? Then you are on here at 11.30.pm.

Ah bless your pets. Ours used to sulk and not 'talk' to you for a few hours when we came back from holiday.

Originally Posted by Baby75
hello every one

Nic I hope your right having a few problems here now and getting a bit stressed im kinda wishing we hung on and waited and came over after we had the visa might of meant coming in October but would have been a lot easier stress wise any way as it is things that were planned have not happened and looks like when I go in to labour Ill be on my own our friends wont be back from traveling they have extended their time away which they are entitled to just wish I knew that before hand IYKWIM i haven't given up hope I have my brother here his visa runs out in 5 weeks though WHV he has done his 3 months for to get another year just has to apply now just hoping he sorts him self out for me

moan over

hope I can post later on that we have a co at least when I check the status page my nerves are gone

cant wait to see tomorrow how many more visa grants there are that the one thing I hate I have to wait all day to find out cause of the time difference

oh was reading on the DEC thread a few people had rang and told 5 weeks and only processing up to the 12 I just think thats so funny
I'm sure you'll hear really soon Niamh- there have been a few Jan visas already.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. I suppose your OH will be looking after the other 3 when you have the baby. So I really, really hope that visa comes through pdq for you. Hopefully your bro will get his 2nd whv. Can you sit down with him and make him apply???:

I know what you mean about your nerves being shot. Looks like we will have to exchange on the house without a visa. Which is a huge risk.... I am checking every day but don't actually expect anything to happen.

Big hugs to you - I'm sure you are so fed up by now. Moan away as much as you like hun.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Millie11 will become famous soon enough

My God - something is finally happening on this thread.....

Congratulations to all who has received visa

Now if any of you are coming to Sydney any time soon then remember slippers, hats, coats, long johns, electric blankets and warm duvets........ It is cold here especially inside the houses

Looking forward to see how many more visas will be granted today.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

yummymummy77 is a jewel in the roughyummymummy77 is a jewel in the roughyummymummy77 is a jewel in the roughyummymummy77 is a jewel in the rough

Is it really that cold Millie? We leave for Sydney in a couple of weeks but coming form the north of Scotland we are expecting pretty much the same weather as we are leaving behind....it was about 14 degrees here today!

Helen :-)
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:04 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Millie11
My God - something is finally happening on this thread.....

Congratulations to all who has received visa

Now if any of you are coming to Sydney any time soon then remember slippers, hats, coats, long johns, electric blankets and warm duvets........ It is cold here especially inside the houses

Looking forward to see how many more visas will be granted today.
so true same goes for Brisbane oh would you agree when it rains here its worse than home

Nic thanks Hun so many what ifs talk about living life on the edge eh im so over it though now my brother is in NSW so on less I take a flight to find him he is terrible for keeping in touch LOL our friends have suggested friends of theirs and they do seem nice just don't think ild be comfortable leaving my kids with them as I know Amy DH prob would help her much Thinks thats all the wifes job plus she has a young little lad her self just not comfortable with the Idea have other reason but wont mention here any way it better work out soon please visa hurry up

dont worry Nic your visa has to come through soon cant believe its taking so long
Old Jul 24th 2008, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

Millie11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by yummymummy77
Is it really that cold Millie? We leave for Sydney in a couple of weeks but coming form the north of Scotland we are expecting pretty much the same weather as we are leaving behind....it was about 14 degrees here today!

Helen :-)
Hi Helen,

Well the thing is that we came from Denmark..... Ok it had been lovely and warm there but I still cannot believe how cold it is here. Have heard people telling me they are scraping ice of car windows in the mornings Add that to the amount of houses with hardly any heating or insulation - it really is chilly. If the sun is out then it feels nice but it has been raining for 2 days now. The funny thing is that you see people in all sorts of clothing - complete winter gear and then the next guy in shorts and t-shirt. I would bring some warm clothes just to be safe

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.