Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:42 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by mary1967
Will do it now
you forgot to add "after much pestering - Visa granted!"
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:54 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by AshyB
The beauty of Mary's method is that she made all her contacts with DIAC seem important - just updating the file. I couldn't be thought of as pestering.

BRILLIANT!!
Old Jul 25th 2008, 2:57 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tiger222
The beauty of Mary's method is that she made all her contacts with DIAC seem important - just updating the file. I couldn't be thought of as pestering.

BRILLIANT!!
Whatever we call it - it's certainly done the trick...
she has a visa and we're sat here waiting
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away

Fingers crossed it works. Mary reckons that you have keep sending new info like payslips by email so they have to keep getting your file out from the bottom of the pile. You should try that.

I've just checked and nothing for us either. I will start my campaign of harrassment on Monday.
I reckon there's something in that Nic. I emailed some docs about 10 days before we got the CO, and was asked to get one of them certified. Spoke to them to make sure something had been uploaded (I couldn't find it in the folder) the day we got the CO and then spoke to them again the day before grant and the chap I spoke to was going to email our CO to check for further questions. Lo and behold 2 working hours later we had the grant letter.........

So.........

Get on that phone girl!!!
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NikiL
I reckon there's something in that Nic. I emailed some docs about 10 days before we got the CO, and was asked to get one of them certified. Spoke to them to make sure something had been uploaded (I couldn't find it in the folder) the day we got the CO and then spoke to them again the day before grant and the chap I spoke to was going to email our CO to check for further questions. Lo and behold 2 working hours later we had the grant letter.........

So.........

Get on that phone girl!!!
I will, I will...
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:35 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I will, I will...
I thought that if you send in docs they update your details and you automincally go to 'processing further' even though there is a CO. I think thats what happened to an Aprilee. He had to send in some xrays or something. As most of our apps are electronic, I doubt they're opening filing cabinets to get them out.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
I thought that if you send in docs they update your details and you automincally go to 'processing further' even though there is a CO. I think thats what happened to an Aprilee. He had to send in some xrays or something. As most of our apps are electronic, I doubt they're opening filing cabinets to get them out.
Maybe not filing cabinets - but FILES just the same.
Old Jul 25th 2008, 6:46 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AshyB

Originally Posted by knockoff nige

My status didn't change at all even after sending stuff by email - it only changed to MET on the 22nd July, otherwise i would'nt have known i'd got a CO.

Just remembered, in the last few weeks i also used the contact form to ask whether we'd got a CO and to notify them about the updated work reference http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/forms/gsm/post.htm, the first reply just said we didn't have a CO (3rd July) and the second reply (15th July) said "This information has been attached to your visa application for your case officer’s attention. Your case officer may contact you if they require any additional information"

I did wonder whether we had a CO at this point but dismissed it, only to find it had all changed to MET on the 22nd July.

As for the electronic thing, give me a filing cabinet day
Old Jul 25th 2008, 10:39 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mary1967
You keep moaning if it makes you feel better. I think it would've been more difficult for you trying to take a newborn over, so all in all, i think you've made the right decision. A few more weeks and then i'm sure you'll have the visa through - it's a pity one of your sisters couldn't fly out for a few weeks to help out, free holiday and all that...................
Thanks Mary I feel much better for the moan any way. I wish one of them could as well I know my sister was secretly planning it but couldnt afford it I had my hopes raised and dashed in 5 minutes flat that day but ill figure something out

Nic Ill be checking that Idea out all right

look what we found and its still in there some were in our boys bedroom
http://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#...b5b28de49215b4

I wanted to take a picture but the camera wouldn't work it was huge it can stay there now on till DH comes home and removes it

elmao I think we will be ringing to check they have some form or other on Monday if they open the application might motivate them to move on it I hope has to be soon
Old Jul 25th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Baby75
Thanks Mary I feel much better for the moan any way. I wish one of them could as well I know my sister was secretly planning it but couldnt afford it I had my hopes raised and dashed in 5 minutes flat that day but ill figure something out

Nic Ill be checking that Idea out all right

look what we found and its still in there some were in our boys bedroom
http://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#...b5b28de49215b4

I wanted to take a picture but the camera wouldn't work it was huge it can stay there now on till DH comes home and removes it

elmao I think we will be ringing to check they have some form or other on Monday if they open the application might motivate them to move on it I hope has to be soon
Baby -

Couldn't see what you had found in the boys bedroom (not a member of gmail and they wanted me to enroll). But I'm guessing it's a funnel web spider?
Old Jul 26th 2008, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

yummymummy77 is a jewel in the roughyummymummy77 is a jewel in the roughyummymummy77 is a jewel in the roughyummymummy77 is a jewel in the rough

Hi folks - just to let you know that our passports came back from London today with lovely visa stickers in them all.....BUT if I check our application online it STILL says 'processing commenced' and says 'further information required' for my hubbie!

I know (like me) many BE-ers are checking their status every day....so don't be disheartened if it doesn't appear to change...it doesn't mean that nothing is happening :-)

Keeping my fingers crossed for all Jan applicants!

Helen x
Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by yummymummy77
Hi folks - just to let you know that our passports came back from London today with lovely visa stickers in them all.....BUT if I check our application online it STILL says 'processing commenced' and says 'further information required' for my hubbie!

I know (like me) many BE-ers are checking their status every day....so don't be disheartened if it doesn't appear to change...it doesn't mean that nothing is happening :-)

Keeping my fingers crossed for all Jan applicants!

Helen x

You were quick!!! We're sending ours off on Monday - just hope they don't get lost
Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:52 am

Good news to report - got an offer on the house today that we accepted Was a bit touch and go with my OH because they offered 8k less, but he agreed in the end. Just hoping that it goes through without any problems now.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:55 am
Just Joined

fusela is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Re: January 08 Applicants

Hi All,
I have been lurking on this thread for a long time and would like to congratulate everyone who has got their visas!
I was allocated a C/O on the 25/07/2008. Everything says met apart from "evidence of relationship". I am being sponsored by my aunt on a 176 visa. The documents I uploaded to prove this are as follows:-
Birth Certificate of Father and Aunt, both certificates show my grandparents names.
Marraige Certificate for my aunt to show her name change.
Can anyone tell me what I might have missed?

Fusela.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 12:02 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tiger222
Baby -

Couldn't see what you had found in the boys bedroom (not a member of gmail and they wanted me to enroll). But I'm guessing it's a funnel web spider?

it wanted you to enrol thats crappy but I got the camera working this morning and found her im my bedroom over DH side of the bed LOL now if i can get it attached, it worked its a huntsman meant to be harmless and she is only a baby !!!!!
Attached Thumbnails January 08 Applicants-img_0519.jpg   January 08 Applicants-img_0517.jpg   January 08 Applicants-img_0520.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.