Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by ler01kjh
Got the visa
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Details please. When did you apply? Which VISA? What date did you get your VISA?
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Hey that was post 1492 - the date Columbus sailed!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Got the visa
WOW!! That was lo-key!! Congratulations!!!!
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

ler01kjh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tiger222
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Details please. When did you apply? Which VISA? What date did you get your VISA?
Ah yes, well not deliberate had submitted too early and then couldn't edit blah blah.
Applied early for the 176 skilled sponsored ourselves online early Jan, heard nothing for months then completed our medicals in August; approved just a couple of weeks later.
So it is very exciting.... but with as much uncertainty now. We think we both want to go, and applied to make sure we had all our options open. Now they've said YES, we've got to do a bit of planning!
So we're off to Oz in November where we'll validate our visa and try to take a look around with 'residents' eyes. Last time we travelled around for 5 weeks spending a fortune!
OHs sister lives and works in Adelaide, and personally I liked this city the most of all we visited, but I'm not too sure on the job prospects there. Better in Melbourne, and don't think I want to go to Sydney though admittedly only spent a couple of days there.
Flying into Adelaide, will drive to Melbourne then we're off to Brisbane to visit my friend from Uni, before coming home for Christmas!
And of course we're trying to get away from the UK because of the work/life balance so it's a bit crazy to worry about not earning enough or locating near best jobs. My friends here say people would bite off my right arm to go. Luckily I'm left handed. So what d'ya reckon?
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Ah yes, well not deliberate had submitted too early and then couldn't edit blah blah.
Applied early for the 176 skilled sponsored ourselves online early Jan, heard nothing for months then completed our medicals in August; approved just a couple of weeks later.
So it is very exciting.... but with as much uncertainty now. We think we both want to go, and applied to make sure we had all our options open. Now they've said YES, we've got to do a bit of planning!
So we're off to Oz in November where we'll validate our visa and try to take a look around with 'residents' eyes. Last time we travelled around for 5 weeks spending a fortune!
OHs sister lives and works in Adelaide, and personally I liked this city the most of all we visited, but I'm not too sure on the job prospects there. Better in Melbourne, and don't think I want to go to Sydney though admittedly only spent a couple of days there.
Flying into Adelaide, will drive to Melbourne then we're off to Brisbane to visit my friend from Uni, before coming home for Christmas!
And of course we're trying to get away from the UK because of the work/life balance so it's a bit crazy to worry about not earning enough or locating near best jobs. My friends here say people would bite off my right arm to go. Luckily I'm left handed. So what d'ya reckon?
Have a great trip!! Looks like you have it all planned out.

I see you had to submit the dreaded Form 80 - did you lodge your application online?
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

ler01kjh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tiger222
I see you had to submit the dreaded Form 80 - did you lodge your application online?
Yep, only for my though, crazy having to know where I've travelled in the last 10yrs!!!! Is this not normally required ?
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:44 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wonderful news, Congratulations!!!

Yep, only for my though, crazy having to know where I've travelled in the last 10yrs!!!! Is this not normally required ?

For months we thought everyone had to submit them, but recently, quite a few have been granted without..................NOT A WORD NIGE
Old Sep 14th 2008, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mary1967
Wonderful news, Congratulations!!!

For months we thought everyone had to submit them, but recently, quite a few have been granted without..................NOT A WORD NIGE
UNMM WE NEVER DID EITHER LUCKY OR WHAT FAIRPLAY WAS ALL FILLED IN TO SEND BUT VERY CONFUSING FOR FOLK TO READ
KAREN X
Old Sep 14th 2008, 11:48 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Congratulations enjoy your trip over and keep us posted
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:15 pm
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AshyB
just read JasB's post on the feb thread and it raised an interesting question...

have any Jan applicants been granted their visa (175 specifically but would be interested in hearing about other visa types as well) after being requested for more info from their CO?

It looks like there was some sort of technical problem uploading documents in the last few weeks which may have slowed things down a bit.

answers on a postcard please...
I've re-uploaded the forms again - hopefully they can find them this time!

Also tried emailing them using the address in our request letter - turns out they gave us an invalid address :curse:, there was a "." missing!!!

that's just delayed our app by at least 2 weeks :curse::curse::curse:
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:43 pm

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

I've re-uploaded the forms again - hopefully they can find them this time!

Also tried emailing them using the address in our request letter - turns out they gave us an invalid address :curse:, there was a "." missing!!!

that's just delayed our app by at least 2 weeks :curse::curse::curse:
how annoying you have to doulble check every thing which is very annoying as well

we nearly didn't get our visa grant because our DD medical was filed under the wrong case file number just as well we rang before flying to NZ or it could have been a major hassle we wouldnt of been allowed back in

luckliy we did ring and had our grant letter that same evening though
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:44 pm
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Baby75
how annoying you have to doulble check every thing which is very annoying as well

we nearly didn't get our visa grant because our DD medical was filed under the wrong case file number just as well we rang before flying to NZ or it could have been a major hassle we wouldnt of been allowed back in

luckliy we did ring and had our grant letter that same evening though
what can you do...
at least it all worked out eventually.

I've uploaded the forms, but i'm also tempted to email them as well (now that i know what the right email address is! )
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:03 pm

what can you do...
at least it all worked out eventually.

I've uploaded the forms, but i'm also tempted to email them as well (now that i know what the right email address is! )

I would and ring them as well
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:20 pm
we're there!

Originally Posted by Baby75
I would and ring them as well

stuck at work at the moment but tempted to go home at lunch and email the forms

not too sure about the phone call - seeing as it's weds tomorrow; they'll close at 1 which means being awake ~midnight to call them
Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I have news!!!!

We got the visa!!!

After 8 long months I lodged a query via the online feedback form last Thursday. This morning we got an email reply saying they would look into it - just after an email saying we had the visa!!!!

475 to SA

Applied 10.1.08.
Meds/ PCCs 20.2.08
Granted 16.9.08
Validation 1.4.08

Thanks everyone for you help and support - I couldn't have done it without you. Special thanks to Wendy, Beth and Trish who helped me through a very difficult time with our EX agent. Also thanks to the agents who post on here who have given their advice for free and all my online friends who have kept me sane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.