Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by w99tts
Hi

You were lucky you got through to them i tried last week about 20 times and everytime I was put on hold than after waiting a while they said please call back later and hung up on me, I've given up, as you said they would'nt tell you anything anyway.

That happened to me last time when I phoned at 2am. This time I phoned at 7am and it wasn't too bad.

Spoke to our agent yesterday and apparently we are the oldest case on his file (20/12/07) and because of our complicated family circumstances the case officers won't be fighting over our case file. My husband recently found out he had another child of 15 years of age, this has compicated things no end and we now have to contact his mother to request that he goes for a medical or that she signs a declaration to say no, we've done letters through a solicitor but she is not signing for the letters so have met a deadend. Not sure what immi will tell us to do once we get a case officer if ever!!! We sold our house 3 months ago and have been living with my parents so things are becoming a nightmare not sure how much longer we can wait, may have to consider a rental soon !!!!
Sorry to hear you are having this problem too. Your OH's child, when are they 16? You know that once they reach this age, it won't be a problem not to do the medical as you don't need the mother's permission??? I hope s/he is 16 soon.

Can't believe that Co's can pick and choose cases. Although ours is straightforward, so that isn't a factor for us. I would hope that more senior COs would be given more complicated cases. When I worked for a Government Dept, that was the set up.

We are going into a rental, our house should complete in a month, we dodn't expect to be there until Jan 09 now. No way are we making plans to be there sooner, we've had our fingers burnt too many times.
Old Sep 1st 2008, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karensoutherden
Hi FA keep positive it can't be much longer
karen
Thanks Karen, I'm trying but it's hard when you keep being knocked back.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 2:56 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks Funshine - fingers crossed for a sale for you.

Just phoned the DIAC, to check if our new passport details have been recieved and if we needed to fill in a change of circumstances form. I was on hold 10 minutes and then got through. Found out an interesteing thing. Our recent emails - 10 days ago - weren't on the file. I asked if I wshould resend and they said no, emails are manually attached to files and this takes time. So Mary was right, each time you send an email, they have to access the file.

The bad thing I've found out is that we still don't have a CO and the operator wouldn't comment on how long this would take - she said as the update said 25th Nov we will have to wait another 2 months.:curse: Just seen a 175 granted for March on another site, so this is obviously codswallop but I am getting so depressed about it now.

We were told we hadn't got a CO and a week later we got the visa - Keeping my fingers crossed for you Nic!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 2:56 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mary1967
We were told we hadn't got a CO and a week later we got the visa
stop rubbing it in
(i'm not jealous! )
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by AshyB
stop rubbing it in
(i'm not jealous! )

and a week later we got the visa

Actually i'm stressing out like mad here - my 16 year old has just got in from her first day at college, broke her heart crying and said she couldn't possibly go back because it was just too good, now she wants to switch to the 6th form of her old school, because she won't be bothered leaving there:curse:
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Actually i'm stressing out like mad here - my 16 year old has just got in from her first day at college, broke her heart crying and said she couldn't possibly go back because it was just too good, now she wants to switch to the 6th form of her old school, because she won't be bothered leaving there:curse:
Just put her in an orphanage and be done with it.

(I was joking there mary!!:)

Poor girl, give her a hug and resist the temptation to throttle her.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

maybe it was just the novelty and it might wear off by october?

Thanks Funshine - fingers crossed for a sale for you.

Just phoned the DIAC, to check if our new passport details have been recieved and if we needed to fill in a change of circumstances form. I was on hold 10 minutes and then got through. Found out an interesteing thing. Our recent emails - 10 days ago - weren't on the file. I asked if I wshould resend and they said no, emails are manually attached to files and this takes time. So Mary was right, each time you send an email, they have to access the file.

The bad thing I've found out is that we still don't have a CO and the operator wouldn't comment on how long this would take - she said as the update said 25th Nov we will have to wait another 2 months.:curse: Just seen a 175 granted for March on another site, so this is obviously codswallop but I am getting so depressed about it now.
keeping everything crossed for you
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:54 am

Just put her in an orphanage and be done with it.

(I was joking there mary!!:)

Poor girl, give her a hug and resist the temptation to throttle her.

PMSL..............

It's sorted, think it was just first day nerves. Spent 30 minutes shouting, 30 minutes trying to calm down and then an hour and half discussing it. Turns out she's also gone off one of her subject choices and was worried about it, so now she's gonna change it to something else on Thursday - wish that was all i had to worry about!!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys

I'm getting older by the second Clarkey!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

I'm getting older by the second Clarkey!!!
aren't we all with this migrating lark?

think how young we will look in the sunshine while gazing out over the indian ocean
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys

Thanks! I hope Mary is right and we get a CO this week and a visa next.

PMSL..............

It's sorted, think it was just first day nerves. Spent 30 minutes shouting, 30 minutes trying to calm down and then an hour and half discussing it. Turns out she's also gone off one of her subject choices and was worried about it, so now she's gonna change it to something else on Thursday - wish that was all i had to worry about!!!!
That's a relief. Sounds like it was all emotional and intense and now it's over.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:17 pm

Thanks! I hope Mary is right and we get a CO this week and a visa next.

That's a relief. Sounds like it was all emotional and intense and now it's over.

Extremely emotional.

It's my 12 year olds first day back today
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Extremely emotional.

It's my 12 year olds first day back today
Ahh bless - more emotion. My 8 yr old goes back tomorrow. Wish she wasn't as I am used to her being at home now.

How's your sale going Mary???
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Ahh bless - more emotion. My 8 yr old goes back tomorrow. Wish she wasn't as I am used to her being at home now.

How's your sale going Mary???
Ellie goes back friday (what a day) and i wish she wasn't as well as she is good company(most of the time)

hope you hear soon nic
karen
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Hi all,

My nearly 5 year old started school today for the 1st time. Friday is an odd day to go back, they should of said to go back on Monday instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.