Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by karensoutherden
Wasn't going to post but did a tandem skydive at the weekend for my 40th bday it was amazing would do it again asap, and have decided if i can do that the worlds my oyster!!!!!
karenx
ps for a laugh you can view it at

www.watchmyskydive.com/karensoutherden
That is AMAZING!!!!

It's something I tried to do when I was 20 something (we ended up not diving since the wind was too strong but went through all the training) Then I learned to fear heights!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Wasn't going to post but did a tandem skydive at the weekend for my 40th bday it was amazing would do it again asap, and have decided if i can do that the worlds my oyster!!!!!
karenx

Amazing omg your so brave looks great fun though
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:49 pm
Claireg

claireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud of

I take it you've told the school you're emigrating?

Yeah they know they even give her a little party before she left - however she does'nt get off lightly. Ive bought books, we are making her read everynight and we are going swimming a couple of times a week (PE lesson!) off now to buy a new cozzie as the one i wore the other day is thread bare - i hope to god it was'nt like that on Tuesday in the pool the lifegauds must have thought the moon was out
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

bkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nice

WE GOT OUR VISA TODAY!!!
So excited... Can't wait to book flights! Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:31 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bkelly
WE GOT OUR VISA TODAY!!!
Congratulations! On a Friday too so you've got all weekend to celebrate!

Lindsay x
Old Sep 5th 2008, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

bkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nicebkelly is just really nice

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
Congratulations! On a Friday too so you've got all weekend to celebrate!

Lindsay x
Thankyou Lindsay! I think there will be sore heads all round tomorrow!
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

WE GOT OUR VISA TODAY!!!
Congratulations Good luck with the move and your new life.

Anne
Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:24 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

karenx

wow fair play to you well done dont know if ild be able for that lol

Mary & Nic if we have to we will stay in NZ at least DH can work there if we need to at the minute things are not so good were we are so a change is needed for me and the kids
Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Baby75
wow fair play to you well done dont know if ild be able for that lol

Mary & Nic if we have to we will stay in NZ at least DH can work there if we need to at the minute things are not so good were we are so a change is needed for me and the kids
How are you? I saw your other post re settling with the new baby, hope your feeling a bit better now, hows the wee one?

Lindsay x
Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:47 pm

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

WE GOT OUR VISA TODAY!!!

Congratulations
Old Sep 5th 2008, 1:59 pm

How are you? I saw your other post re settling with the new baby, hope your feeling a bit better now, hows the wee one?

Lindsay x
Hi Lindsay

not to bad at the minute DH has been great plus Eireann is so good a real treasure,
Still feeling home sick but with all thats happened the last few weeks making us think more about whats important to our family so we are undecided on what to do long term just taking each day as it comes now and next stop NZ then who knows

Australia is lovely and so much to offer there is lots good here and some bad but family verses good weather and out side life my mind is undecided LOL

either way we are here for another while
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Lindsay

not to bad at the minute DH has been great plus Eireann is so good a real treasure,
Still feeling home sick but with all thats happened the last few weeks making us think more about whats important to our family so we are undecided on what to do long term just taking each day as it comes now and next stop NZ then who knows

Australia is lovely and so much to offer there is lots good here and some bad but family verses good weather and out side life my mind is undecided LOL

You have to remember no matter how much practice you've had having a new buba is hard work at the best of times and your doing it in a new country with other kids and no family/friends to help out, I doubt you'd be human if you weren't knackered and questioning yourself, just get past the first few months and then take stock. Don't feel bad for feeling bad! The decisions you made when you had a good nights sleep and were thinking clearly were probably the right ones
Feel free to PM me if you ever fancy a moan! I'm quite good at moaning myself!

Lindsay x

ps you better wait for us to arrive I doubt theres another family that might be prepared to share babysitting with us!

Last edited by desperatehousewife; Sep 5th 2008 at 2:40 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 2:59 pm

You have to remember no matter how much practice you've had having a new buba is hard work at the best of times and your doing it in a new country with other kids and no family/friends to help out, I doubt you'd be human if you weren't knackered and questioning yourself, just get past the first few months and then take stock. Don't feel bad for feeling bad! The decisions you made when you had a good nights sleep and were thinking clearly were probably the right ones
Feel free to PM me if you ever fancy a moan! I'm quite good at moaning myself!

Lindsay x

ps you better wait for us to arrive I doubt theres another family that might be prepared to share babysitting with us! very true
Thanks
As well you never know till you try do you Ill prob moan a bit more LOL
Old Sep 5th 2008, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks
As well you never know till you try do you Ill prob moan a bit more LOL
Feel free! Hopefully we'll be over end of Nov would be nice to know someone before we get there, hows the buba is she feeding/sleeping well?

Lindsay x
Old Sep 5th 2008, 9:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

WE GOT OUR VISA TODAY!!!
Congratulations!!!

wow fair play to you :: well done dont know if ild be able for that lol

Mary & Nic if we have to we will stay in NZ at least DH can work there if we need to at the minute things are not so good were we are so a change is needed for me and the kids :
Hope you are OK Niamh. What's the problem?? Are your friends back??? NZ is COLD!!!

Hi Lindsay

Australia is lovely and so much to offer there is lots good here and some bad but family verses good weather and out side life my mind is undecided LOL :

Glad to hear you won't be making any rash decisions. As Lindsay said, you have just had a baby, are having visa trauma and are living in a house you don't like. Give it some more time to get these things sorted and for your body to recover and your emotions to be back to normal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.