Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by tiger222
They look lovely in their new uniforms!

I'm guessing they are not your oldest? Or is that a friend with them?
Thanks

The two on the outside are the twins, the one in the middle is their sister shes exactly a year and 7 days older than them (the 7 days is important!), the big sisters 11 and the youngest is 5 months so it's a while before she starts school!

Lindsay x
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desperatehousewife
My 5 year old twins started at school last week, we put the flags up!

Hope all your new starts are settling in well

Lindsay x
They are so cute Lindsay. I thought you were joking about the flags until I saw them!!

Originally Posted by fusela
Hi All,
Got my grant today, took exactly 9 months. They must have a target to hit!
Best of luck everyone!
CONGRATULATIONS!!

(It's only 8 months though - count em!)

Tiger, sounds like you had an emotional day. When mine started she just walked in without a backward glance - it was terrible.
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 6:42 am
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

My 5 year old twins started at school last week, we put the flags up!

Hope all your new starts are settling in well

Lindsay x
AHHH - they are sooo CUTE!

Hi All,
Best of luck everyone!
Congratulations!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I thought you were joking about the flags until I saw them!!
My mum did it for my wee brother, I thought it was a tradition worth keeping!

Originally Posted by funshine
AHHH - they are sooo CUTE!

Lindsay x
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Originally Posted by karensoutherden
HI were they happy to be going ? i remember Ellie's first day she was so excited but i dropped her of and left in floods of tears
hope they have a good day
karenx
She was really excited. Went a bit shy before she went in but that's nothing new. I didn't cry i was happy for her she loves to be doing things and i don't have enough spare time to do all the things she wants me too.

Anne
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 7:52 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahh bless - more emotion My 8 yr old goes back tomorrow. Wish she wasn't as I am used to her being at home now.

How's your sale going Mary???
We've got the contracts to sign and send back. Our buyers are ok with completion on the 17th October, so our solicitors gonna try and get exchange through asap to tie them in

My 12 year old was upset when she got home, they've mixed all the classes up and she's not with any of her friends On a positive note at least it makes it easier to leave

Originally Posted by Baby75
back to school already were has the summer gone lol

well I'm so over ringing DIAC and getting conflicting information wish they would all say the same thing we spoke to a manager before I had the baby he was very nice and said that providing baby was OK then once medial was received it would be finalised and then pre grant letter could be reissued and we could depart on the 11 of September knowing we would have our visa when we return but now we get an email from the person looking after our file not co but acting on behalf of them that medicals might take longer and to allow more time before we depart Australia we don't have any more time have to be out of here on the 11 or else immigration is kicking us out

some times i wonder do they know how their own office works
I'd ring again and ask for the manager that you spoke to last time - they can't just change their minds in the space of a few weeks

Originally Posted by claireg
Ive kept my 6yr old off hoping to go at the end of the month (fingers crossed) just watching over my shoulder for the Wag Woman
I take it you've told the school you're emigrating?

Hi All,
Best of luck everyone!

CONGRATULATIONS

Thanks

The two on the outside are the twins, the one in the middle is their sister shes exactly a year and 7 days older than them (the 7 days is important!), the big sisters 11 and the youngest is 5 months so it's a while before she starts school!

Lindsay x
They look lovely, so cute!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

They look so cute!!. Bought my daughter her new school shoes today. she was so excited! doesn't start until 18th so another 2 weeks. can't wait and dreading it at the same time
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys
They look so cute!!. Bought my daughter her new school shoes today. she was so excited! doesn't start until 18th so another 2 weeks. can't wait and dreading it at the same time
You'll be fine, you try that hard to enthuse them about it that you can't help but get excited yourself, buy some bunting and make a joke of it!

Lindsay x
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 8:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mary1967
We've got the contracts to sign and send back. Our buyers are ok with completion on the 17th October, so our solicitors gonna try and get exchange through asap to tie them in

Sounds good - I bet you beat us to exchange!

My 12 year old was upset when she got home, they've mixed all the classes up and she's not with any of her friends On a positive note at least it makes it easier to leave

Poor girl - I'm sure you're right though - keep saying how much better it will be in Aus.

I'd ring again and ask for the manager that you spoke to last time - they can't just change their minds in the space of a few weeks

I agree

They look lovely, so cute!
How's the organising going? Did you get your finance questions answered?
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Wasn't going to post but did a tandem skydive at the weekend for my 40th bday it was amazing would do it again asap, and have decided if i can do that the worlds my oyster!!!!!
karenx
ps for a laugh you can view it at

www.watchmyskydive.com/karensoutherden
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Wasn't going to post but did a tandem skydive at the weekend for my 40th bday it was amazing would do it again asap, and have decided if i can do that the worlds my oyster!!!!!
karenx
ps for a laugh you can view it at

www.watchmyskydive.com/karensoutherden

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

You crazy lady!

Lindsay x
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

You crazy lady!

Lindsay x
was sooooo amazing but the aeroplane and dodgy hat were a huge concern
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Surely the view from the plane was the concern!

Love the avatar!

Lindsay x
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That is crazzzzzzzzzzzzzy Karen!! Looks like you had an amazing time.

Belated Happy birthday!!!
Old Sep 3rd 2008, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

That is crazzzzzzzzzzzzzy Karen!! Looks like you had an amazing time.

Belated Happy birthday!!!
Thank's have been threatening to do it for years (the guy taking pics is my cousin he does it for a living now thats crazy)
would recomend it !! took my mind of of packers etc he he xxxx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.