Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old May 23rd 2008, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by Fly Away
It would be a shocker and they really have no reason to take that long. I wish we had delayed our PCCs and meds though.... Stupid ex agent told us 4 months.:curse: Might be worth us redoing them if we haven't got a co by September as it would extend our visa by 6 months. (Cheaper than validating if we haven't sold)

I'm still thinking end of June / start July depending on this new computer system which I only heard about today.... Hope they don't shut down for too long.
I wonder can you advise your CO that you plan to redo your meds. I mean once you get a CO, surely they can understand that you'd like to lengthen your validity period.
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:30 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

any thing nice planned this evening every one

talking over the visa with Dh we we both think they are giving a worse case scenario and im still hoping we are not waiting that long

all set to book our tickets tomorrow and do a bit of shopping for going
Old May 23rd 2008, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
I wonder can you advise your CO that you plan to redo your meds. I mean once you get a CO, surely they can understand that you'd like to lengthen your validity period.
I think you can - especially if the visa has taken a long time to process.

Originally Posted by Baby75
any thing nice planned this evening every one

talking over the visa with Dh we we both think they are giving a worse case scenario and im still hoping we are not waiting that long

all set to book our tickets tomorrow and do a bit of shopping for going
Nothing planned, have to get up early tomorrow to take DD to a drama exam. Then MILs on Monday - we had hoped to get away for the weekend, but can't now... MIL just called it's a year since FIL died and she wants us to go up. sigh.. OH of course just says yes. Don't get me wrong, I'm sympathetic, but he wouldn't even say, 'but we planned to go away'.
Old May 24th 2008, 12:35 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Feeling a bit low again so i'm gonna have a week or so off BE, but i'll be back when i've recharged my batteries!!!!

Fingers crossed for everyone waiting to hear about viewers, especially Fly Away, and also for Niamh, hope you get all the money through soon.

Mary x
Old May 24th 2008, 12:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mary1967
Feeling a bit low again so i'm gonna have a week or so off BE, but i'll be back when i've recharged my batteries!!!!

Fingers crossed for everyone waiting to hear about viewers, especially Fly Away, and also for Niamh, hope you get all the money through soon.

Mary x
Thanks Mary - feel free to PM me if you need a chat.

I know how hard it all is and sometimes a bit of time in the 'real world' can help. We'll miss you and hope you come back soon. Chin up.

xxxx
Old May 24th 2008, 6:20 am

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Hi Mary hope your feeling more your self soon have a nice weekend and relax have some wine and forget about houses and Visa

Hi Nic have a nice day

Well we have eventually got sorted and booked and paid for our flights today

Did a bit of shopping for the kids and that and I feel so fat I know im pregnant but still think I forgot that today and it scared me looking in the mirror worried what Ill be like when im due if I keep this up

Kids are wired so got to go
Old May 24th 2008, 6:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Mary hope your feeling more your self soon have a nice weekend and relax have some wine and forget about houses and Visa

Hi Nic have a nice day

Did a bit of shopping for the kids and that and I feel so fat I know im pregnant but still think I forgot that today and it scared me looking in the mirror worried what Ill be like when im due if I keep this up

Kids are wired so got to go

WOOHOO!!!! CONGRATS NIAMH!

Must feel great to have booked the flights!!

Well, I've put on 2 stone waiting for this visa and I'm not pregnant!!! So I know how you feel. I'm sure you look blooming anyway.

Now go and control those kids.
Old May 24th 2008, 8:16 pm
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

Congrats Niamh!! You'll be off in no time! We've also been looking for flights and will book them next week. Seems that no reasonable prices before the end on July anymore So we won't leave before the mid August I think since we'll be saving over a 1000 euros if we wait a few weeks.

Hubby also had a job interview last friday morning and he'll hear about that on wednesday. Keep eventhough I'm not even sure I want him to go to work straight away

Mary: Recharge and come back fresher than ever. We'll be here no doubt

Niamh: I remember that feeling about gaining weight so well!! BUT remember that in the end the price of that is soooo sweet. Who cares about weight! I've on the other hand been loosing weight ever since baby was born but still got about 6 kilos to go and hopefully I'll be in bikini shape(is) by the time the Oz summer arrives (hahaha in my dreams )

Nic and rest of you house sellers any news? Been away for a few days..

Kati once again at FIL's for a week before going to old hometown Helsinki for a week
Old May 25th 2008, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Evening all,

Sounds like you are having a lovely time kaitlin. Enjoy the freedom and take lots of photos. We have had 2 (low) offers on our house and hope to play them off against each other - more news next week I hope!

Typically, we spent bank holiday weekend shovelling sh1t!! Drains backed up and we had to dig them out!! As OH was doing it, one of the people who made an offer came to the door!! Hope she didn't see the shovelling around the side!

Sold another £100 of stuff on ebay tonight - probably got another 10 weeks worth of stuff still to sell! Last week I sent a van load of stuff to auction. Good for decluttering this emigrating lark!

Off to Brum tomorrow to the MIL.

Slightly squiffy on wine tonight, so aplogies for typos and spelling mistakes...
Old May 25th 2008, 6:18 pm
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Evening all,

Sounds like you are having a lovely time kaitlin. Enjoy the freedom and take lots of photos. We have had 2 (low) offers on our house and hope to play them off against each other - more news next week I hope!

Typically, we spent bank holiday weekend shovelling sh1t!! Drains backed up and we had to dig them out!! As OH was doing it, one of the people who made an offer came to the door!! Hope she didn't see the shovelling around the side!
Keeping that you'll manage to get them raising their offers and you'll get a reasonable price! Great news that atleast you have offers!! That is a positive thing itself in this situation I think. BTW did I mention that my MIL got her flat finally sold after almost two years on the market? So there is hope for everyone else

with the shovelling! What a luck hopefully they didn't notice anything

Great week coming.... I can feel it folks!!!

Kati
Old May 25th 2008, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

krisecf will become famous soon enoughkrisecf will become famous soon enough

just got off the phone to a very helpful lady in the visa department, i told her i was jan app 175 modl paper app the question i asked her was"whats the honest chances of me having a visa by july" her reply was" to be very honest with you sir very slim but in saying that theres a system going to be in place in the next few weeks and if the system goes to plan then you would possibly have it by then, im now looking at other routes like defacto etc as a quicker way. good luck everyone on here my head is all about to explode!!!
Old May 25th 2008, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by krisecf
just got off the phone to a very helpful lady in the visa department, i told her i was jan app 175 modl paper app the question i asked her was"whats the honest chances of me having a visa by july" her reply was" to be very honest with you sir very slim but in saying that theres a system going to be in place in the next few weeks and if the system goes to plan then you would possibly have it by then, im now looking at other routes like defacto etc as a quicker way. good luck everyone on here my head is all about to explode!!!
My self and Dh were only talking about the new system over the weekend and we were thinking the same thing that if they system works then it will be bang and loads of visa's so im crossing my fingers that it all goes to plan for them

Niamh
Old May 25th 2008, 7:46 pm
Crazy Finn

See right away positive news This is a good week

My self and Dh were only talking about the new system over the weekend and we were thinking the same thing that if they system works then it will be bang and loads of visa's so im crossing my fingers that it all goes to plan for them

Niamh
I sure hope they will, but like I stated on the Dec thread I tend to be more cautious with "system changes". They make goose bumps for me

Kati
Old May 25th 2008, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Morning all, lovely bank holiday Monday - wet cold and windy!! Got the central heating on! It's nearly June for pity's sakes!

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
Keeping that you'll manage to get them raising their offers and you'll get a reasonable price! Great news that atleast you have offers!! That is a positive thing itself in this situation I think. BTW did I mention that my MIL got her flat finally sold after almost two years on the market? So there is hope for everyone else :

Thanks Kati, we are lucky to have interest in the house. It's just gutting to have to sell for such a low price. So we need loads of luck for them to up their offers!

with the shovelling! What a luck hopefully they didn't notice anything

Great week coming.... I can feel it folks!!! :

Kati
Lets hope it is a great week! I keep watching the Augusts and hope they get through them quickly and the Novembers in the hope that they all start getting their visas faster.

Sounds like this new system is for real then. (Sometimes you do wonder if only one person has heard something, if it is true) Fingers crossed they do speed things up - especially for you paper based folks.

Niamh::

Lets hope that the slow down for everyone apart from the Augusts was due to training and they get this new system up and running quickly - don't want to be a guinea pig though.

TBH, I'm not too bothered about the visa now as we will probably have to stay here another 6-12 months as OH might have a really good contract which we need to make up the money we have lost in the house sale. Howver, I want you lot to get yours pdq!!
Old May 25th 2008, 8:13 pm

Hi Kati

LOL im ok now just have to invest in some good maternity clothes I was trying to save us some money but hey bump is to big now so have to go with proper tops Ill worry about loseing weight when im in OZ after the baby is born weight watchers watch out

cant believe we will be gone in two weeks not looking forward to the good byes at all

Nic hope the two buyers work it and you get a good price and the contract works out for your DH the more money the better

Kati I here what your saying lets hope they have tested and tested before implementing the new system and they are able to get every one sorted esp people from August but I think this system is for online applications

how every one else doing Mary hope your ok and come back soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.