Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by mary1967
Sounds really positive, is the caretaker for one of your rentals or your main house?

For the main house. The rentals are leasehold and we pay a management charge which covers that sort of thing.

Sent an email off to some schools in Oz last night and had two good responses waiting for me this morning when i got up - made me feel loads better

That's good! I should really get my ass in gear about schools... Glad to hear you are feeling better.

The waiting is awful, but i'm sure everything will be ok.

I can't go a day without checking, never mind 10

Truely addicted!!

People have started to get full acknowledgement letters and CO's in the October and November threads, so hopefully not long for us now. The current processing time seems to be stuck at 1st November :curse:
Someone in the Dec thread got a full Ack today. I thought onliners didn't get them???? Now I have to wait for something else...
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Thanks Baby. Hope they get back to you about the meds.

Welcome back Beccie - how did the move go?

No news on my meds either... guess they are all in a big pile somewhere....

Millie got her visa!
Really well thanks all unpacked and really enjoying the harbour life ! Brilliant pubs, restaurants and clubs less then 10 minutes walk away just been over for dinner

Any new viewers on your house yet
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:36 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone in the Dec thread got a full Ack today. I thought onliners didn't get them???? Now I have to wait for something else...

That's what i thought as well, apparently it was sent to the agent, who then sent it on to them................It's like the blind leading the blind!!!
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Sounds really positive, is the caretaker for one of your rentals or your main house?

Sent an email off to some schools in Oz last night and had two good responses waiting for me this morning when i got up - made me feel loads better

The waiting is awful, but i'm sure everything will be ok.

I can't go a day without checking, never mind 10

People have started to get full acknowledgement letters and CO's in the October and November threads, so hopefully not long for us now. The current processing time seems to be stuck at 1st November :curse:

I didn't think we would get anything through the post and already had an email acknowledgement the same day I submitted
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beccie
Really well thanks all unpacked and really enjoying the harbour life ! Brilliant pubs, restaurants and clubs less then 10 minutes walk away just been over for dinner

Any new viewers on your house yet
Sounds wonderful. You won't want to leave!

No new viewers. New EA starting on Monday, so I hope they can pull some people in....
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by chrissyclements
Hi Beckie,

Tim and I are Jan applicants. 475 to WA
Hi
Welcome to the Jan threads sorry I didn't reply earlier but just move and had no connection

Good luck with your application and don't forget to post you timeline on this link http://www.beupdate.co.uk/

We're all in the same boat and these threads keep us sane I think

Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's what i thought as well, apparently it was sent to the agent, who then sent it on to them................It's like the blind leading the blind!!!
I wonder if it was a one off... different visa class... agent sending the preack... etc... So annoying that there doesn't seem to be a set procedure..
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Millie11
Hi, We had our visa granted 19/03/08 and first entry have to be before 13/03/2009. That's a permanent visa (120). I believe that the medical cleared 12 or 13/03. Don't know if that helps?
Congratulations
Hope you enjoy your life down under
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:15 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

I wonder if it was a one off... different visa class... agent sending the preack... etc... So annoying that there doesn't seem to be a set procedure..
May be the agent had it for ages and only passing it on now could be the acknowledgment from lodgment may be

does seem to be something happening so how long is it taking to get a CO am I right in thinking its taking about 4 to 5 months for on line applications
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:16 pm

I'm not sure whether it was the pre ack and she's getting confused, think i might ask, she's gonna think i'm a right nosy cow!!!

I know she's going for the same visa as me, 175 on MODL - OH's a baker (that BE timeline is very useful)

I'll let you know if i find anything else out.
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Baby75
May be the agent had it for ages and only passing it on now could be the acknowledgment from lodgment may be

does seem to be something happening so how long is it taking to get a CO am I right in thinking its taking about 4 to 5 months for on line applications

Think most of us would be made up if we knew it would be 4 or 5 months, at the way it's going at the moment i think that's highly unlikely.................so speaks the voice of doom and gloom
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:24 pm

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Think most of us would be made up if we knew it would be 4 or 5 months, at the way it's going at the moment i think that's highly unlikely.................so speaks the voice of doom and gloom
I keep checking when other people lodged then when they got co to get an Idea my friend applied in October and they got a co start of the month . so about the 4 and half month mark for them her sister in law is sponsoring them they had awful problems with their sons medicals but luckily he passed at around the same time as they got co

you know i think ill do a thread I know their is no order but may be we can work one out give me something to do before i go crazy
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:31 pm

I keep checking when other people lodged then when they got co to get an Idea my friend applied in October and they got a co start of the month . so about the 4 and half month mark for them her sister in law is sponsoring them they had awful problems with their sons medicals but luckily he passed at around the same time as they got co

you know i think ill do a thread I know their is no order but may be we can work one out give me something to do before i go crazy

Sounds like a good idea

Just checked the current processing thread and the automated email from this week is still saying it's stuck on 1st Nov:curse:
Old Mar 27th 2008, 8:35 pm

Sounds like a good idea

Just checked the current processing thread and the automated email from this week is still saying it's stuck on 1st Nov:curse:

I posted it let hope some people fill it in now
Old Mar 27th 2008, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm not sure whether it was the pre ack and she's getting confused, think i might ask, she's gonna think i'm a right nosy cow!!!

I know she's going for the same visa as me, 175 on MODL - OH's a baker (that BE timeline is very useful)

I'll let you know if i find anything else out.
You two are as bad as me. I wondered if it was the pre-ack and the agent was a bit slack too. Might just be an anomaly as the paperbased get an ack - that's when they have to pay I think. We pay upfront, so the ack is a full one. That was my understanding of the process....

Bad news about the date not moving again. Probably the holiday period. I will go and check for your thread Baby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.