Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

January 08 Applicants

Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by mary1967
Just had this reply off one of my many questions:

our australian values statement was requested.

we printed 2 and signed one per adult, theve gone to case officer.

Should we do it or not??
That one works - thanks Mary!

No idea if we should do it... won't hurt though will it???

Originally Posted by nessy family
Hi all, regarding the Australian Values form, I have noticed that there are many questions about it. I checked with my agent as I was unsure too, they said that with the newer online applications this part is included at the back of the form that we have already filled in. We are a December applicant. Hope that helps.
Tan x

Thanks Tan, that's what I thought too - I think some COs don't know which visas these statements are a part of....

I might just upload them anyway. I'm hoping that the first time the CO picks up the visa, they'll see everything is complete and just grant the visa... It seems like even the request for a simple form can delay the application as it goes back to the bottom of the pile again...
Old Mar 28th 2008, 11:37 am
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fly Away

Thanks Tan, that's what I thought too - I think some COs don't know which visas these statements are a part of....

I might just upload them anyway. I'm hoping that the first time the CO picks up the visa, they'll see everything is complete and just grant the visa... It seems like even the request for a simple form can delay the application as it goes back to the bottom of the pile again...
:curse: i can't attatch any more says im up to my limit im sure im not but hey ho .
this is getting quite depressing and this stupid weather don't help any
hope you all ok
Old Mar 28th 2008, 1:38 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by karensoutherden
:curse: i can't attatch any more says im up to my limit im sure im not but hey ho .
this is getting quite depressing and this stupid weather don't help any
hope you all ok
You can send it by email, check out your acknowledgement email for details.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 1:40 pm

Clear as mud isn't it I've checked the copy we printed before submitting and it's definitely got the statement on that - think i may just upload it to be on the safe side. I don't think it's slowing the applications up too much at the moment, but you can guarantee when it gets to mine there'll be a bloody big queue!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 2:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

You can send it by email, check out your acknowledgement email for details.
I was just about to say the same thing! Hiya Karen, hope you're OK - haven't seen you for a while. Rain has stopped here and the sun has come out now.

Clear as mud isn't it I've checked the copy we printed before submitting and it's definitely got the statement on that - think i may just upload it to be on the safe side. I don't think it's slowing the applications up too much at the moment, but you can guarantee when it gets to mine there'll be a bloody big queue!
We are all completely barking you know.... I'll upload them too, even though I know we have done them before... don't want to risk a stupid delay.

There weren't many applications over the Christmas period - did you notice that it went very quiet - so hopefully we aren't part of a glut. The agents would all have been on their holidays too....

I really want to go away and forget about this for a few months and get a surprise email. Don't think that will happen somehow!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

nessy family is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with you all, there is no harm in downloading it and having it there just incase, and even though my agent has confirmed it is my application, I have decided to have it ready too. There seems to be no golden rule and everything is different for each person and knowing our luck it will be asked for which then causes more time. We are all trying to be as helpfull to the system and have everything ready for when applications are picked up so whats one more thing eh!!!
I don't post here very often, but check it everyday and have found it very helpfull...I am a stalker...espcially Mary, she helped at a time I thought I was going to loose it....thanks again!
Now, whats from 80 about!!!?? And asmy husband is self employed,well he a subcontractor will we be asked to hand in further documentation? I noticed someone else was asked, but found it hard as her OH is a small business...so we would be in same position,any idea what would have to send?

Tan xx
Old Mar 28th 2008, 2:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by nessy family
I agree with you all, there is no harm in downloading it and having it there just incase, and even though my agent has confirmed it is my application, I have decided to have it ready too. There seems to be no golden rule and everything is different for each person and knowing our luck it will be asked for which then causes more time. We are all trying to be as helpfull to the system and have everything ready for when applications are picked up so whats one more thing eh!!!
I don't post here very often, but check it everyday and have found it very helpfull...I am a stalker...espcially Mary, she helped at a time I thought I was going to loose it....thanks again!
Now, whats from 80 about!!!?? And asmy husband is self employed,well he a subcontractor will we be asked to hand in further documentation? I noticed someone else was asked, but found it hard as her OH is a small business...so we would be in same position,any idea what would have to send?

Tan xx
Form 80 is a security clearance form. It asks for passport numbers, where you've worked, where you've travelled, etc... There are lots of threads about it, as some people aren't asked for them and some are - there seems to be no rhyme nor reason to it. My OH is a contractor and we have our business and to be honest, it made no difference to form 80. So try not to worry about that.

One form has to be completed for each member of the family 16 and over. Here is the link for you. http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/80.pdf

Last edited by Fly Away; Mar 28th 2008 at 2:32 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

nessy family is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Flyaway,

Thanks for that, I suppose time will tell and I will have everything ready so hopefully there will be no more delays.....and I couldn't be more ready in more ways than one to go!!

Tan x
Old Mar 28th 2008, 4:34 pm

Just found about the VEVO Page (visa entitlement verification online), it shows any visa's that have previously been granted (holidays etc) and also when the new one's been granted, sometimes even before you get the email may come in handy in a few "weeks" time

http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/evo.htm

You need the password you used when you first applied online.

I thought i'd have a go, it just confirms no Australian visa granted (yet!), but it's worth knowing about once things start moving!!!
Old Mar 28th 2008, 4:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just found about the VEVO Page (visa entitlement verification online), it shows any visa's that have previously been granted (holidays etc) and also when the new one's been granted, sometimes even before you get the email may come in handy in a few "weeks" time

http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/evo.htm

You need the password you used when you first applied online.

I thought i'd have a go, it just confirms no Australian visa granted (yet!), but it's worth knowing about once things start moving!!!
Thanks Mary - I can't get into it. I guess that means we don't have a visa...

I think you are a little obsessed now... wonder if they count hits on the status page and give the visa to the people with the highest hits first... you'd definately get your's first.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 4:53 pm

Thanks Mary - I can't get into it. I guess that means we don't have a visa...

I think you are a little obsessed now... wonder if they count hits on the status page and give the visa to the people with the highest hits first... you'd definately get your's first.

PMSL..................... I know, completed obsessed - you can tell i'm off work this week
Old Mar 28th 2008, 5:25 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for that link I read about the other girl checking it and it showed her visa today

Just wondering will the co ask for any more information on work like p60 and pay slips trying to get every thing we might need just encase.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by Baby75
Thanks for that link I read about the other girl checking it and it showed her visa today

Just wondering will the co ask for any more information on work like p60 and pay slips trying to get every thing we might need just encase.

I don't know to be honest, but we've attached the last 6 months pay slips and P60's for the last 5/6 years to be on the safe side.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

OMG you lot need therapy

You are all totally obsessed, notice the common denominator we're all female

Good work you've all been so busy so what do I need to do download a values statement for each of us sign it scan it and email it to stop any further delay, will do.

Lets hope we don't have to wait until June for news you'll all be sectioned before then I'm sure

Last edited by Beccie; Mar 28th 2008 at 9:09 pm.
Old Mar 28th 2008, 9:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Beccie
OMG you lot need therapy

You are all totally obsessed, notice the common denominator we're all female

Good work you've all been so busy so what do I need to do download a values statement for each of us sign it scan it and email it to stop any further delay, will do.

Lets hope we don't have to wait until June for news you'll all be sectioned before then I'm sure
US - Obsessed?? Never!

I reckon we'll get CO's in April and visas in May / June. Unless there is some great, new DIAC crisis, like the LCU crisis last summer. This is the time of year when they do the most work. So let's just cheer them on!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.