Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Hi NIAMH!!! Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you are doing well.xxxx

MARY - have my fingers and toes and legs and eyes and arms crossed for your viewers to make an offer. xxxx

BECCIE hi hun - glad you are still with us. I was going to say the same to LYNNEANDWAYNE - welcome by the way.

7 days to 1st july!!!!
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Oh my god I see we're all still waiting.:curse:
As you said only 7 days till 1st July. How many of us where hoping to be out there by now? Fingers and toes crossed that things speed up quickly.
I can't wait for things to get going so i can see the parents again. It's been a while now. Good luck everyone
Anne
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 11:04 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Beccie
Sounds like you had fun, does it always get dark that early or is it just because its their winter?

Hows the weather still warm?

Let us know everything it'll take our minds off waiting for the visas

yea only in winter think it stays bright till about 7 in summer

the weather is lovely in the day but i tell you its so cold at night some times and first thing in the morning Bring your night gowns and slippers you will use them although its is so nice getting up and seeing the sun shinning in the morning it does heat up very quick and then your putting on shorts and a t-shirt house are built for keeping you cool in the summer not warm in winter and that a fact we have a fire in the evenings its so cosy
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 7:00 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Baby75

the weather is lovely in the day but i tell you its so cold at night some times and first thing in the morning Bring your night gowns and slippers you will use them although its is so nice getting up and seeing the sun shinning in the morning it does heat up very quick and then your putting on shorts and a t-shirt house are built for keeping you cool in the summer not warm in winter and that a fact we have a fire in the evenings its so cosy

Knew i should've stocked up on new PJ's at xmas:curse: Great to hear you're enjoying it Niamh - have you sorted out which hospital you're having the baby in?

Well you're not gonna believe this BUT....................yesterday while I was taking the dog for a walk, the son of the woman over the road knocked on the door and said to Mick that he'd offer him 5K under the asking price for a quick sale, he's not even been inside the house He didn't have time to view cause he was heading home to Liverpool (strange) Anyway, apparently his mum is in poor health and he wants to move closer. Mick thinks they've been watching the house and probably saw our viewer leaving on Saturday

Mick's response..............i'll have to ask my wife (me, i'm still walking the dog), although he did arrange for them to come back for a viewing next Saturday, but forgot to set a time

Now my OH think's we've sold it and he's panicking like mad, what if we don't get the visa, what if we end up homeless...................must admit it's rubbed off on me and my stomach's in a right mess. I did say to my OH that we could always say full price for a quick sale cause we're not ready to move or 5k less, but we get to stay until the visa comes through. Are we pushing it or what?????

I'm not even sure they're genuine Another day in the life of Mick and Mary
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 7:11 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Originally Posted by mary1967
Knew i should've stocked up on new PJ's at xmas:curse: Great to hear you're enjoying it Niamh - have you sorted out which hospital you're having the baby in?

Well you're not gonna believe this BUT....................yesterday while I was taking the dog for a walk, the son of the woman over the road knocked on the door and said to Mick that he'd offer him 5K under the asking price for a quick sale, he's not even been inside the house He didn't have time to view cause he was heading home to Liverpool (strange) Anyway, apparently his mum is in poor health and he wants to move closer. Mick thinks they've been watching the house and probably saw our viewer leaving on Saturday

Mick's response..............i'll have to ask my wife (me, i'm still walking the dog), although he did arrange for them to come back for a viewing next Saturday, but forgot to set a time

Now my OH think's we've sold it and he's panicking like mad, what if we don't get the visa, what if we end up homeless...................must admit it's rubbed off on me and my stomach's in a right mess. I did say to my OH that we could always say full price for a quick sale cause we're not ready to move or 5k less, but we get to stay until the visa comes through. Are we pushing it or what?????

Morning Mary. Wow, that's great news. I'm not sure what the market is like near you but I would jump at that offer! Even in the worse case scenario and you don't get your visa (which you will) you will have sold your house before any crash so sit tight on your money for a while and relax. It's one less thing to worry about I reckon.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Knew i should've stocked up on new PJ's at xmas: Great to hear you're enjoying it Niamh - have you sorted out which hospital you're having the baby in?

Well you're not gonna believe this BUT....................yesterday while I was taking the dog for a walk, the son of the woman over the road knocked on the door and said to Mick that he'd offer him 5K under the asking price for a quick sale, he's not even been inside the house He didn't have time to view cause he was heading home to Liverpool (strange) Anyway, apparently his mum is in poor health and he wants to move closer. Mick thinks they've been watching the house and probably saw our viewer leaving on Saturday:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news Mary. Snatch his hand off!!!!!! Take the money and run £5k under is a fabulous offer. you are in a unique position with his mother and could cut out the EA if your contract allows and save some more.

Sod the nerves, we have accepted an offe ron our house with no visa too - it's nerve wracking I know and we are going into rented. BUT I am so excited for your - where's the jumping up and down grinning from ear to ear smiley????

Originally Posted by ittakesages
Morning Mary. Wow, that's great news. I'm not sure what the market is like near you but I would jump at that offer! Even in the worse case scenario and you don't get your visa (which you will) you will have sold your house before any crash so sit tight on your money for a while and relax. It's one less thing to worry about I reckon.
I agree!!!

OOOPS I stretched the forum. LOL

Last edited by Fly Away; Jun 22nd 2008 at 8:48 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Annehe28
Oh my god I see we're all still waiting.:curse:
As you said only 7 days till 1st July. How many of us where hoping to be out there by now? Fingers and toes crossed that things speed up quickly.
I can't wait for things to get going so i can see the parents again. It's been a while now. Good luck everyone
Anne
6 days now Anne!!! Yes we are still waiting - as are some Octobers and novembers and all the Decembers.... sigh.

Originally Posted by Baby75

Hiya niamh. it's lovely logging in every (cold & damp) morning and seeing a post from the land of sunshine. I will be bringing my thermals for definate though!!

Can you believe that you are there yet?? Does it seem real and are you a bit bored now everytthing is sorted?? that's my worry - we have had 2 years of sorting and applications and excitement - wonder if it will all leave us wanting more and we become gypsies....
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, its all kicking off now. Well done Mary.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 3:24 am

Thanks for the messages everyone, my nerves are shot (god help me when we get the visa )

Hopefully they'll turn up on Saturday and then i know it's for real, i'm still doubtful, i mean, who offers without viewing?????

My OH is crapping himself now..............pressure's back on now to get the visa asap.

Also had an email off the EA about Saturdays viewing:

"Just coming back to you regarding the Carlisle's who viewed, they really love the house thought everything was lovely, however they have to sell their own property, should they do this they would definately make an offer on yours."

So now we've got two families who want to buy, but both have houses to sell, and of course the one from yesterday who offered without viewing

I know nothings definiate until exchange, but at least it's nice to know someone appreciates your home, even if they're not in a position to buy

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone else waiting to sell.

Can't believe all this started with Nic's comment about burying a St Joseph in the garden.................

Just need to know what we've got to bury to get the visa through
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:03 am
Claireg

claireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud of

Thanks for the messages everyone, my nerves are shot (god help me when we get the visa )

Hopefully they'll turn up on Saturday and then i know it's for real, i'm still doubtful, i mean, who offers without viewing?????

My OH is crapping himself now..............pressure's back on now to get the visa asap.

"Just coming back to you regarding the Carlisle's who viewed, they really love the house thought everything was lovely, however they have to sell their own property, should they do this they would definately make an offer on yours."

So now we've got two families who want to buy, but both have houses to sell, and of course the one from yesterday who offered without viewing

I know nothings definiate until exchange, but at least it's nice to know someone appreciates your home, even if they're not in a position to buy

Can't believe all this started with Nic's comment about burying a St Joseph in the garden.................

Just need to know what we've got to bury to get the visa through
Hi Everyone

Not been on in a while but reading the threads WOW

Mary & FlyAway - you go girls CONGRATULATIONS on the housing front, think i need to get on of those St Joseph's - No move on ours yet however our EA rang last week and was saying the market is picking up again in Wigan and hopefully her next call will be to discuss an offer - told her i would'nt quote her on that!!

Mary - bet your glad you changed EA just went begging to Central Estates for the school Fun Day and its shut there selling up!!

Glad to hear your liking Oz Baby hope your keeping well
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:17 am

Hi Claire, nothings definate, but it's nice to finally get some positive feedback It's been a long time coming I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

A few of the girls from the August thread who use to live in Billinge are trying to arrange a local mini-meet up if you're interested? Not sure when or where, but you're welcome to come if you can make it.

Would be lovely to see Fly Away as well (ex Billinge lass!!), but not sure if it's too far away?
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

lynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Beccie
We're all in the same boat, we're hoping things will start moving from 1st July so we'll see.
We'll get there eventually, one day
hi thanks yes have just heard from agent re 1st july... we have not got medicals or up to date police checks yet, agent keeps telling us to wait.. ???? any idea how much the meds cost, me and hubby and two young boys... lynne.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

lynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Hi NIAMH!!! Thanks for the update. Glad to hear you are doing well.xxxx

MARY - have my fingers and toes and legs and eyes and arms crossed for your viewers to make an offer. xxxx

BECCIE hi hun - glad you are still with us. I was going to say the same to LYNNEANDWAYNE - welcome by the way.

7 days to 1st july!!!!
hi hello there too.... have just been told by agent re july 1st.. ah can only wait.............................................. .................................................. .......................................
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 4:54 am
Claireg

claireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud of

Hi Claire, nothings definate, but it's nice to finally get some positive feedback It's been a long time coming I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

A few of the girls from the August thread who use to live in Billinge are trying to arrange a local mini-meet up if you're interested? Not sure when or where, but you're welcome to come if you can make it.

Would be lovely to see Fly Away as well (ex Billinge lass!!), but not sure if it's too far away?
Yeah i'm up for anything - well somthings Let me know when and where and i'll try and be there
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 5:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for the messages everyone, my nerves are shot (god help me when we get the visa)

Can't believe all this started with Nic's comment about burying a St Joseph in the garden.................Just need to know what we've got to bury to get the visa through
Fantastic news Mary - hopefully someone will buy soon!! You have a unique selling feature with the neighbour's son. Why would he need to look?? Hold your nerve hun - I thought I would crack - but I didn't - you won't either.

Pmsl that the St Joe worked - they also sell St Nicholas figures to aid safe journeys - do you think that would work for the visa?!

Originally Posted by claireg
Hi Everyone

Not been on in a while but reading the threads WOW

Mary & FlyAway - you go girls CONGRATULATIONS on the housing front, think i need to get on of those St Joseph's - No move on ours yet however our EA rang last week and was saying the market is picking up again in Wigan and hopefully her next call will be to discuss an offer - told her i would'nt quote her on that!!

Mary - bet your glad you changed EA just went begging to Central Estates for the school Fun Day and its shut there selling up!!

Glad to hear your liking Oz Baby hope your keeping well
Fingers crossed for you Claire! I hope the market is picking up in Wigan. I heard of another EA closing today too...

Nice idea - it's a 5 hour drive but we could make a weekend of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.