January 08 Applicants

Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

snowie71 will become famous soon enoughsnowie71 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Sorry for my abscence folks!!

Been going through prolonged trauma.

After waiting a year to sell our house, (and losing 3 sales in this time and reducing the price by a jaw dropping £195K as the market crashed) we accepted an offer in May 2008. Today we finally exchanged contracts after months of to-ing and fro-ing and stress.

Completion booked for the 16th Jan, shippers booked for the 12/13/14th Jan!!

Yay!! AT LAST it's our turn!
CONGRATULATIONS, Fly Away!!!! So pleased for you!!! Hope it all goes smoothly from now on... you DESERVE some good luck!!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

snowie71 will become famous soon enoughsnowie71 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Royston
thanks Beccie, its an interview for an hour with 2 examiners grilling me, if I pass I become an architect, Im thinking of holding off applying to agencies as it will look better on a CV that Im a UK architect rather than just a techician (assuming I pass).
good luck, Royston! and all the best with your move thereafter!
Old Dec 18th 2008, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

lynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: January 08 Applicants

guys havent been on for ages it seems, have had medicals waiting police check hope to get visa in the new year... seems like everyone is has gone to auz already... still hopeful.. lynne
Old Dec 18th 2008, 7:36 am
´´ I want to believe ! ´´

Hexy is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: January 08 Applicants

Hi > guys

Please look this link :

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...kills-list.pdf

Bye...
Old Dec 18th 2008, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynneandwayne
guys havent been on for ages it seems, have had medicals waiting police check hope to get visa in the new year... seems like everyone is has gone to auz already... still hopeful.. lynne
Hi Lynne,

Wondered where you had got to. Here's to the new year bringing you a good one.

We're not in Oz yet just waiting to sell the house. Had a viewing on Tuesday she seems positive but I'm not holding my breath yet.

Good luck to all.

Merry christmas and a fantastic New Year.

Anne
Old Dec 18th 2008, 8:39 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hexy
Hi > guys

Please look this link :

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...kills-list.pdf

Bye...
not looking good is it looks like they are going to reduce the amount iof visas they issue from january onwards.

we have noticed thats there is not as many jobs lately ,my DH was told on monday no work so he is out of a job and is finding it hard to find another that could be christmas but a few companies are letting staff go with no work after christmas.
he is a Welder so his trade is on the list did you see this article

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...27-952,00.html
Old Dec 18th 2008, 8:41 am

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Sorry for my abscence folks!!

Been going through prolonged trauma.

After waiting a year to sell our house, (and losing 3 sales in this time and reducing the price by a jaw dropping £195K as the market crashed) we accepted an offer in May 2008. Today we finally exchanged contracts after months of to-ing and fro-ing and stress.

Completion booked for the 16th Jan, shippers booked for the 12/13/14th Jan!!

Yay!! AT LAST it's our turn!

How did i miss this

Delighted Nic hope when you flying
Old Dec 18th 2008, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Royston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Baby75
not looking good is it looks like they are going to reduce the amount iof visas they issue from january onwards.

we have noticed thats there is not as many jobs lately ,my DH was told on monday no work so he is out of a job and is finding it hard to find another that could be christmas but a few companies are letting staff go with no work after christmas.
he is a Welder so his trade is on the list did you see this article

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...27-952,00.html
its a bit worrying!! I fly out in a few weeks so fingers crossed things start to pick up. I just passed my exam so are a fully qualified architect now. Hopefully that will look better on a CV. But that skills in demand list is getting alot shorter.
Anyway only need to validate by Feb so will stay out for a few months if it doesnt work out Ill just go back in a year or so!!!

hope all is well with you all
Royston
Old Dec 18th 2008, 9:08 am

its a bit worrying!! I fly out in a few weeks so fingers crossed things start to pick up. I just passed my exam so are a fully qualified architect now. Hopefully that will look better on a CV. But that skills in demand list is getting alot shorter.
Anyway only need to validate by Feb so will stay out for a few months if it doesnt work out Ill just go back in a year or so!!!

Royston

were you heading to thats a good plan it cant last forever and hopfully it does not get as bad as they they think

Old Dec 18th 2008, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

NikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond reputeNikiL has a reputation beyond repute

Royston
Loads of Brisbane jobs on seek for architects, you'll be fine.
Old Dec 19th 2008, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Beccie
Flyaway brilliant news bet it nice getting to that next stage organising the move over congratulations

Royston I'd wait to they do like a qualification out here.

Karen give it time don't go making any hasty decisions you need to give it at least a couple of years to know if you'll like it anyway were happy as still in holiday mode and speak to family and friends on here might change when were working
hi have you found work / house with pool yet
have a merry christmas
Old Dec 19th 2008, 9:21 pm
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

Hi all - very quiet at the moment - everyone planning for Christmas!
We have found a rental - 3 bedroom house in Kenmore with a small pool... moving in the beginning of January... looking forward to opening our container !

No jobs yet - probably only going to happen in January now.
Hope you are all well...
Old Dec 20th 2008, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by funshine
We have found a rental - 3 bedroom house in Kenmore with a small pool... moving in the beginning of January... looking forward to opening our container !

Hope you are all well...
Congratulations on finding a rental!

We are still searching for one! We're actually in the opposite situation - DH has a job - just no rental to call 'home'. We're hopeful we'll hear back early next week. Owners are getting more difficult to reach due to holidays!

Otherwise, we'll have to find another holiday accomodation for next week. Everything shuts until Jan 5.

We started looking for work in Brisbane. Every office my DH called told him things are slow for Java Developer. I ran a search and found only 14 listings for all of Brisbane - and some of those were the same job posted by different agencies. He looked in Sydney and received an offer on his first interview!

Things are getting worse in the US. I'm wondering if we'll go back in July or if we'll just stay on here and hire the manager to rent our house out again. I guess we have a few months before we get to that point.

Catherine
Old Dec 20th 2008, 3:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baby75
How did i miss this

Delighted Nic hope when you flying ::
LOL, I think you have been a bit busy hun.

We fly on the 16th March. Booked them to be after OH's contract finishes and then his company decided to terminate all contracts and we can't move the flights.

Royston
Congrats Royston - I knew you'd pass.

Originally Posted by funshine

Hope you are all well...
Congrats on the rental - fingers crossed for a job soon!

Originally Posted by tiger222
Congratulations on finding a rental!

We are still searching for one! We're actually in the opposite situation - DH has a job - just no rental to call 'home'. We're hopeful we'll hear back early next week. Owners are getting more difficult to reach due to holidays!

Otherwise, we'll have to find another holiday accomodation for next week. Everything shuts until Jan 5.

We started looking for work in Brisbane. Every office my DH called told him things are slow for Java Developer. I ran a search and found only 14 listings for all of Brisbane - and some of those were the same job posted by different agencies. He looked in Sydney and received an offer on his first interview!

Things are getting worse in the US. I'm wondering if we'll go back in July or if we'll just stay on here and hire the manager to rent our house out again. I guess we have a few months before we get to that point.

Catherine
Fingers crossed for a rental for you Tiger and congrats on the job. (Seems like you can't have everything???)

The situation in the Uk is dire too. I hope Aus withstands this economic downturn better.

We're still in our house until after Xmas. Decided that the buyer had kept us hanging for so long that they could do some waiting this time. Then we're staying in a friend's furnished flat for a couple of months. Hoping to do some travel to Europe - all the places we have always meant to go - Rome, Barcelona, etc as it might be the last chance we get to go. Bloomin exchange rate doesn't help though.

Happy Christmas Everyone.

Old Dec 20th 2008, 2:26 pm

LOL, I think you have been a bit busy hun.

We fly on the 16th March. Booked them to be after OH's contract finishes and then his company decided to terminate all contracts and we can't move the flights.

Congrats Royston - I knew you'd pass.

Congrats on the rental - fingers crossed for a job soon!

Fingers crossed for a rental for you Tiger and congrats on the job. (Seems like you can't have everything???)

The situation in the Uk is dire too. I hope Aus withstands this economic downturn better.

We're still in our house until after Xmas. Decided that the buyer had kept us hanging for so long that they could do some waiting this time. Then we're staying in a friend's furnished flat for a couple of months. Hoping to do some travel to Europe - all the places we have always meant to go - Rome, Barcelona, etc as it might be the last chance we get to go. Bloomin exchange rate doesn't help though.

Happy Christmas Everyone.

Thats a great plan nic seeing Europe something I want to do as Well

its very slow here in brisbane and sunshine coast we are hoping its only christmas and DH can get a job in the new year. a few companys have let all thier staff go. but the recuitment agency in Brisbane says he has a lot starting after christmas so fingers crossed i take nothing for granted these days lol

I cant believe its so close to christmas going to look up australian dishes have a proper christmas day whoo hoo it will be a bitter sweet day i think a mixture of missing home and having fun

Nollaigh Shonna mo Cairde
Happy Christmas my friends

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.