Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Nov 21st 2008, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by Beccie
Congratulations snowie yipeeeeeee

Well omg can't believe we are here its amazing we arrived to the worse storms for 25 years raining just like england !!

Looking for rentals at mo not many with pools which is on the top of my wish list of course.

Managed to get a Telstra pay as you go dongle to get on the internet which was great no problem $149 dollars plug in and off you go top up on line as and when definately need it when looking for rentals.

So Snowie when are you arriving and where you going?

Hi Beccie excelent news that you are settling the weather was so you wern't home sick
take care karen x
Old Nov 21st 2008, 9:51 pm
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

Congratulations snowie yipeeeeeee

Well omg can't believe we are here its amazing we arrived to the worse storms for 25 years raining just like england !!

Looking for rentals at mo not many with pools which is on the top of my wish list of course.

Managed to get a Telstra pay as you go dongle to get on the internet which was great no problem $149 dollars plug in and off you go top up on line as and when definately need it when looking for rentals.

So Snowie when are you arriving and where you going?
Hi Beccie - we are also currently looking for rentals - with a POOL and are being just as disappointed as you... what areas you liking at the moment?
Tracey
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by funshine
Hi Beccie - we are also currently looking for rentals - with a POOL and are being just as disappointed as you... what areas you liking at the moment?
Tracey
Hi Tracey,

Nightmare looked in lots of areas around Brisbane but hard as we have never been before, we have been looking in the east and then victoria point and redlands but went down to our friends in the west last night and its lovely so gonna have a look next week. How about you?

We've decided if we can't get an inground pool we will buy an above ground one and just make the garden good once we leave might save hassle and give us many more options !!

Happy hunting !!
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Hey Tracey and Beccie -

We'll be joining you in the Brisbane rentals search once we arrive on Tuesday morning (fly out tonight!)

When/where is the next meet up?

Catherine
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:23 pm
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

We have liked the looks of Chapel Hill/Kenmore area - we went to Sinnamon park and thats also nice - these are all west of the city.

Would be great to meet up - where is the info on that - is that under a different forum... I think there are a few of us in Brisbane.

The storms here have been awful and we have friends who have had a terrible time in The Gap (also actually a nice area).

Has anyone been to South Bank? Our little one loves it there.

Hope everyone is ok.

Tracey
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 8:24 pm
Loving the Sunshine

Originally Posted by tiger222
Hey Tracey and Beccie -

We'll be joining you in the Brisbane rentals search once we arrive on Tuesday morning (fly out tonight!)

When/where is the next meet up?

Catherine

WOW - excellent - the journey begins!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2008, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Have a good flight over Catherine and yes we will all have to meet up soon.

We went to southbank the night before last amazing place great fun, we went to Lone Pine Koala Sanctury today that was just the best place ever I cuddled a koala and fed kangaroo omg they are so sweet can't believe I tried kangaroo on the barbie a couple of days ago never again

We are looking at kenmore and bellbarie as well so will be really close to you !!
Old Nov 26th 2008, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

OMG had to search for this thread !!

Well Tracey & Catherine finally found a house in Moggill 2 minutes from Bellbowrie very near Kenmore so will be quite close, couldn't get a pool so looking at buying above ground one as garden big enough!!

Hope you have arrived safely Catherine and get online soon

Hows things with you flyaway and movement yet

So glad to be here its lovely been spending time with friends and finding our way around got a lovely little car yesterday so at least I'm mobile when the rental vehicle goes back unlike O/h

Enrolling kids in Kenmore High tomorroe ready for end of Jan when they go back move to new house on 10/12 can't wait to go shopping you know what its like need loads of bits until shipping arrives thats what I keep telling o/h anyway
Old Nov 26th 2008, 9:45 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Hi All we are very very quite eh

Im moving house next week looking forward to it and a fresh start whoo hoo
Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Baby75
Hi All we are very very quite eh

Im moving house next week looking forward to it and a fresh start whoo hoo
Good luck with that where you moving too ?

It is quite on here everyone too busy to post making new lives I guess
Old Nov 27th 2008, 12:27 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with that where you moving too ?

It is quite on here everyone too busy to post making new lives I guess

very true we are not moving to far down to Caloundra about 30 minutes were we are now
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Royston is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all!

I got my visa back in August and are moving out to Brisbane on 17th Jan on my own. I havent got a job and dont know anyone out there, I suppose Im just getting nerves at the moment given the world wide slow down, I guess Im worried if Brissy been effected by the recession and if its getting harder to find work for architects? anyway I hope that all of you that have moved out already are having a great time and that the weather is not too hot?
Anywords of advice or reassurance would be most appreciated !!!

Cheers

Royston.

PS to top it all off, I didnt get a Xmas bonus as Im leaving, everyone else did. That money would have come in realy handy. - tut
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Royston
hi all!

I got my visa back in August and are moving out to Brisbane on 17th Jan on my own. I havent got a job and dont know anyone out there, I suppose Im just getting nerves at the moment given the world wide slow down, I guess Im worried if Brissy been effected by the recession and if its getting harder to find work for architects? anyway I hope that all of you that have moved out already are having a great time and that the weather is not too hot?
Anywords of advice or reassurance would be most appreciated !!!

Cheers

Royston.

PS to top it all off, I didnt get a Xmas bonus as Im leaving, everyone else did. That money would have come in realy handy. - tut
Hi Royston,

I'm here in Brisbane and its lovely hot and sunny we have had lots of storms lately but mostly at night quite spectacular though!!

It was announced last night on the news that its official Australia have avoided a resession so good news. There seems to be lots of jobs so stay positive not looked at you field though.

Once your settled shout and we could arrange a January meet up as there seems to be loads of us in this area, good luck and have a good journey.

Beccie
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Royston is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Royston,

I'm here in Brisbane and its lovely hot and sunny we have had lots of storms lately but mostly at night quite spectacular though!!

It was announced last night on the news that its official Australia have avoided a resession so good news. There seems to be lots of jobs so stay positive not looked at you field though.

Once your settled shout and we could arrange a January meet up as there seems to be loads of us in this area, good luck and have a good journey.

Beccie
Hi Beccie

Thanks for the info, id love to meet up if anyone wants to.
I have been keeping a eye on the BBC weather and seen the temps slowely rising over the last month or so. I have booked a couple of weeks in a hostel while I look for more permanent accomodation - hopefully ill be able to rent a studio apartment for a while, so if you hear of anything let me know!!
Ill be emailing loads of companies soon to see if I can get some interviews lined up, theres just so much to do, almost finished selling everything on Ebay, now need to get the house finished and pass uni. (big exam in a week)

Anyway need to get wrapped up nice and warm to go to work -rain and high winds at the moment.

Cheers
Royston
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 10:28 pm
Loving the Sunshine

Hello Brisbanites (is there such a word)... and future Brisbanites...

Its been HOT here - 32 degrees and then a massive thunder storm.

We have been looking for jobs since we arrived 20th October - it is a very slow process here - lots of up front work to be done writing responses to selection criteria etc... I think it will be slow now until after the holidays - I think the schools go back late Jan! so end of January will be a good time to start looking for a job - the agents have said that Feb is their busiest month - lets hope so.

We are off on a holiday to South Africa for most of Jan - so maybe we can arrange a meet-up early Feb?

Hope everyone is doing OK...

We are still looking for a rental as what we have seen so far hasn't been that great. We have also decided that we need to keep the cost down because we don't have jobs! This is the best place to look for rentals... http://www.realestate.com.au/ - click on RENT - but I am sure you know about this already

Tracey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.