Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Jun 17th 2008, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Flyaway hope you've heard something from you higher offer

Really fed up of waiting now its just not moving is it :curse:

Glad your settling in Niamh hope you get your connection sorted soon
Old Jun 17th 2008, 1:51 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Man i really hope they have them all waiting there in a nice pile to go for the end of June

Nic hope its well and truly sorted with the house good luck you so deserve some now

same goes for every one else waiting on huse and visa
Old Jun 17th 2008, 5:53 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Today.....

Did you accept?

Originally Posted by jimandkate
Hi hope everything goes good for you its a pain with the buyers just now we are thinking of just letting our house out didnt really want to but hey if its to be .hope that they start to issue visas ASAP on 1st July good luck kate
At the moment i just feel like going to Oz is a distant dream..........all the excitment has gone, i don't even check the online status anymore

If we ever get the visa in this lifetime, i think we may end up renting the house out as well - I guess it depends on whether OH can get a job before we leave and how much house prices are in Perth - If they've dropped then we could reduce quite a bit on our house, but it's all up in the air until the bloody visa comes through:curse:

Originally Posted by Baby75
Man i really hope they have them all waiting there in a nice pile to go for the end of June
Nic hope its well and truly sorted with the house good luck you so deserve some now

Seems so strange whenever i see your name appear knowing you're in Oz

Hope things are going ok for you all - At least you know when the visa comes through your OH can get work. Are you looking to rent when your friends come back off honeymoon?
Old Jun 17th 2008, 6:34 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mary1967
Did you accept?

At the moment i just feel like going to Oz is a distant dream..........all the excitment has gone, i don't even check the online status anymore

If we ever get the visa in this lifetime, i think we may end up renting the house out as well - I guess it depends on whether OH can get a job before we leave and how much house prices are in Perth - If they've dropped then we could reduce quite a bit on our house, but it's all up in the air until the bloody visa comes through:curse:

Seems so strange whenever i see your name appear knowing you're in Oz

Hope things are going ok for you all - At least you know when the visa comes through your OH can get work. Are you looking to rent when your friends come back off honeymoon?

Yea we will be house sitting on till they come back off thier honey moon we have a house to go to already so im chuffed with that now its get ready for baby and pray they have all our visa before september at the very latest
looks like he will be able to just walk in to a job they are screaming out for welders here and I thought it might be a little harder being on the sunshine coast but no there is work out there if you want it so thats very good

im enjoying exploring all the shops and super markets so ill get a basic price comparission going just need a bit of reserch now LOL

Old Jun 17th 2008, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

[QUOTE=mary1967;6477268] Did you accept?

I didnt know that you are going to Perth us too where are you wanting to go ? we have noticed that the house prices are coming down and some arestaying on the market .We are going to rent for the first year and make sure that we all settle .We are looking at NOR Mindarie,Kinross areas.We also hope to be going Aug/Sep.
Kate
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:02 pm
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

Originally Posted by funshine
Hello Everyone,

Just returned from a week in Cornwall - lovely - never been there - weather was quite nice (not quite Brisbane - I was wearing my fleece on the beach!)

No house viewings this week - as we were away - someone wanted a 2nd viewing and we were not around - darn! - Hopefully they are still around and interested next week.
I hope you had a lovely holiday. It's good to have your mind off this "visa processing not moving" for a while. I guess we are all tired of waiting

If they really want your house they will come back! Keeping for that!!

Originally Posted by ittakesages
Have to agree with August/September. I'm really hoping that July 1st they'll be firing them out and get to us Dec/Jan applicants quickly
Yep I've began worrying if it will even come through until our 3months is up in beginning of November And I am dec applicant

Morning all, it's so depressing isn't it?? Let's hope they get moving on July 1st. Did you know there is a strong possibility that the 6000 ond applicants that have been on hold for 9 months might get a decision then and then they will go to the front of the queue. I don't begrudge them, but I am so sick of waiting because of backlogs caused by the DIAC themselves. Our ex agent told us 4 months for this visa - now 5 months on and not a sign of a CO. We're talking about moving over in Feb 2009 now - we were hoping for Oct 2008. It really messes our plans up. sigh.
Haa, that would be great if there would be a big bang on visas on first week of July This has messed up everyones plans and I don't think they realize that It really puts you down when you have no idea when they will move on. Without the August backlog atleast in principal you knew the timeline. Now I think everyone is just clueless of when things will move on. :curse: Goog luck with the house and let us know what happened was yesterday the deadline?

Hi every one I cant believe the timeline is still as bad Im still hoping that somthing moves by the end of June it is so slow and I tell you for tradies there is more work here to be gotten My DH has a few job offers already and thats just from saying waht he does cant do any thing on till we have the golden ticket though

Niamhxxx
Great news and good to see you! Hope all is well with kids and bub My hubbys got three interviews also. One said no, one asked for references already and one interview coming. Let's see what happens, but when we get there and he can go to interview and if he should get an job offer they could sponsor him a 457 visa if I've understud correctly? Maybe they could sponsor your DH also while waiting for PR? Not sure about this though...

Hi hope everything goes good for you its a pain with the buyers just now we are thinking of just letting our house out didnt really want to but hey if its to be .hope that they start to issue visas ASAP on 1st July good luck kate
No offers then Kate? Might be sensible thing just to let it and wait for the market to cheer up a bit. Whatever you decide keeping

Kati
Old Jun 17th 2008, 8:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beccie
Flyaway hope you've heard something from you higher offer

Really fed up of waiting now its just not moving is it

Glad your settling in Niamh hope you get your connection sorted soon
Thanks Beccie,

No news so we accepted the lower offer - just have to hope the higher offer comes back now... we will go slow on the sale and hope. Sh!t, I thought I'd be happy on this day and not stressed.

I'm so fed up it's unreal. GET A MOVE ON DIAC!!!!

Nic hope its well and truly sorted with the house good luck : you so deserve some now

Thanks Niamh - still in limbo but at least we know we have sold the house and can start sorting all the stuff out without fear of viewings all the time. (13 months is a long time to keep your house clean and I am going to live in mess and dirt and bloomin enjoy it!!!)

Let's hope they do just grant all the Augusts and Novembers in one big lump in July. Then it's not long until they get to us.

Originally Posted by mary1967
Did you accept? SEE ABOVE!

At the moment i just feel like going to Oz is a distant dream..........all the excitment has gone, i don't even check the online status anymore:

I feel the same - don't bother checking, no point...... just fed up with changing our plans all the time...

If we ever get the visa in this lifetime, i think we may end up renting the house out as well - I guess it depends on whether OH can get a job before we leave and how much house prices are in Perth - If they've dropped then we could reduce quite a bit on our house, but it's all up in the air until the bloody visa comes through

I know it's awful, but if prices drop in Aus too, we will all be on a level playing field. Don't want to wish it upon them though. Glad to hear that your OH is considering renting now. At least you have a plan B. Somehow we have to forget all about this visa crap for a while...... then make decsions when we know... difficult...

Seems so strange whenever i see your name appear knowing you're in Oz:

I know - we should call her Ozzie Niamh!

Morning Mary!

Yea we will be house sitting on till they come back off thier honey moon we have a house to go to already so im chuffed with that now its get ready for baby and pray they have all our visa before september at the very latest :
looks like he will be able to just walk in to a job they are screaming out for welders here and I thought it might be a little harder being on the sunshine coast but no there is work out there if you want it so thats very good

Good news about the rental - you are so organised!

im enjoying exploring all the shops and super markets so ill get a basic price comparission going just need a bit of reserch now LOL
Originally Posted by Kaitlin
I hope you had a lovely holiday. It's good to have your mind off this "visa processing not moving" for a while. I guess we are all tired of waiting

Sounds lovely - we all need to do the same.

Yep I've began worrying if it will even come through until our 3months is up in beginning of November And I am dec applicant

What a pain - you'd have to go out of the country and apply for another ETA. I'm sure things will be moving by then though

Haa, that would be great if there would be a big bang on visas on first week of July This has messed up everyones plans and I don't think they realize that It really puts you down when you have no idea when they will move on. Without the August backlog atleast in principal you knew the timeline. Now I think everyone is just clueless of when things will move on. Goog luck with the house and let us know what happened was yesterday the deadline?

See above.

We have now planned to stay another 6 months as we wanted to fly out in October - but we can't guarantee it, so OH will take another 6 months contract and we will rent a cheap house and save like crazy Good I suppose... but frustrating.

The thing which affects most people is schooling - we wanted to be there in October to suss out schools and enroll DD to start in Jan - which gave us loads of time to get a rental in a good area with a good school. If we go in Feb, the school year will have started and by the time we are sorted it will be half over - plus we will be doing 2 winters in a row.

I've read loads of posts from people who wanted to take their kids out of school this July and can't.....

Great news and good to see you! Hope all is well with kids and bub My hubbys got three interviews also. One said no, one asked for references already and one interview coming. Let's see what happens, but when we get there and he can go to interview and if he should get an job offer they could sponsor him a 457 visa if I've understud correctly? Maybe they could sponsor your DH also while waiting for PR? Not sure about this though...

Good luck to your OH with his jobs, that's great news!! Good idea re the 457 for Niamh - if the employers are keen they might do this.

No offers then Kate? Might be sensible thing just to let it and wait for the market to cheer up a bit. Whatever you decide keeping

Kati
I think the market has dropped all it is going to drop now. It will stay depressed for a while, but people HAVE to move, so things will tick along and if there are no scare stories then it will stay that way. Fingers crossed you can all sell soon
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

OMG we gave up on the house we are in the middle of a dead end street with no passing trade so our agent put a sign up at the end of the road just so that you could see that a house is up and some old ****** complained even though the sign is not in anyones way or bothering anyone they have demanded the sign to be taken down **** off lowering the neighbourhood who really cares about a sign Someone with nothing else to do with there time wish that was all I had to worry about good mind to find her and show her where I would love to shove the sign Kate
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

OMG we gave up on the house we are in the middle of a dead end street with no passing trade so our agent put a sign up at the end of the road just so that you could see that a house is up and some old ****** complained even though the sign is not in anyones way or bothering anyone they have demanded the sign to be taken down **** off lowering the neighbourhood who really cares about a sign Someone with nothing else to do with there time wish that was all I had to worry about good mind to find her and show her where I would love to shove the sign Kate
OMG, how petty!!!!!! Do you know who it is? Can you go round with some flowers and apolgise, (through gritted teeth) and explain your situation. Surely they can't be that hard hearted.:curse:
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

OMG, how petty!!!!!! Do you know who it is? Can you go round with some flowers and apolgise, (through gritted teeth) and explain your situation. Surely they can't be that hard hearted.:curse:
Cant do but i have tried to find out but it is all the residents association and they have said that it is breaking the local gov agrrement it is just so maddening as all we want to do is sell .theour house local council say that they dont mind but if someone complains then you have o take the sign down but it is in one of those areas that folks forget the real world so far up there own importace give them a bit of power and thats what you get Full of sad old folks and nothing better to do with there time most signs go up and no one bothers but hey just our luck and most of them stay miles away and they only see it when walking there dogs and yes I will be waiting to see if the pick it up after them now Kate
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cant do but i have tried to find out but it is all the residents association and they have said that it is breaking the local gov agrrement it is just so maddening as all we want to do is sell .theour house local council say that they dont mind but if someone complains then you have o take the sign down but it is in one of those areas that folks forget the real world so far up there own importace give them a bit of power and thats what you get Full of sad old folks and nothing better to do with there time most signs go up and no one bothers but hey just our luck and most of them stay miles away and they only see it when walking there dogs and yes I will be waiting to see if the pick it up after them now Kate
I would put a note through everyone in your Streets letterbox asking if the sign bothered them. Explain your situation - play a few violins and ask if they could suggest a better place for the sign, (other than up their jacksies) witter on about how bad the housing market is and how you hope they aren't in the same situation as they would find it very hard without a sign etc etc.... You can't follow your dream to emigrate if you can't sell... poor children .... etc You should get them on your side then.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

I would put a note through everyone in your Streets letterbox asking if the sign bothered them. Explain your situation - play a few violins and ask if they could suggest a better place for the sign, (other than up their jacksies) witter on about how bad the housing market is and how you hope they aren't in the same situation as they would find it very hard without a sign etc etc.... You can't follow your dream to emigrate if you can't sell... poor children .... etc You should get them on your side then.
I have spoken to the ones in our street and the next street and no one has any problems as they will be in the same boat one day but my agent said that they can get fined for putting the sign back up OMG what a thing to moan about poor buggers have nothing else to do next they will be trying to get rid of the ark at the other end of the road thank god we are moving .We moved here for god schools and we thought that it is suppossed to be a really nice area yes it is but if you want to change your full personality and talk to folks as if you are better than them you wouldjust fit in perfect looks good until you stay in it and the old ones forget what it is like but hey what is for us will not go by us good luck with your offer and I hope that you get the higher one soon Kate
Old Jun 17th 2008, 11:22 pm
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

OMG! What a joke Can't imagine who one sign would hurt :curse: Keeping for you and don't give up hope. See Nic got it sold! And my FIL which was almost 2 years' project!

Nic: GREAT NEWS!! Either way it's sold! Now to sorting stuff and you very well deserve not to clean for a while I was going also nuts cleaning all the time and ours took "only" 8 months to sell.

Just read from a Finnish forum how difficult it is to get a rental in Brisbane. Already worried if we will even get one for only 3months?? Hopefully we could find an appartment accomodation or something like it. Just don't know where to start looking!

Now a BIG BOWL of coffee and back to taking pics of kids clothes

Kati
Old Jun 17th 2008, 11:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
OMG! What a joke Can't imagine who one sign would hurt :curse: Keeping for you and don't give up hope. See Nic got it sold! And my FIL which was almost 2 years' project!

It can be done... it's very hard work though.

Nic: GREAT NEWS!! Either way it's sold! Now to sorting stuff and you very well deserve not to clean for a while I was going also nuts cleaning all the time and ours took "only" 8 months to sell.

It's awful isn't it? we must live in a state of dirt normally because I found I was spending all my time cleaning for viewings...

Just read from a Finnish forum how difficult it is to get a rental in Brisbane. Already worried if we will even get one for only 3months?? Hopefully we could find an appartment accomodation or something like it. Just don't know where to start looking!

Try posting a thread asking for a short term rental on the Australia forum. Lots of people have properties they rent to new arrivals. I think Beth and Andrew have just booked one for their reccie - so PM them for some leads too.

Now a BIG BOWL of coffee and back to taking pics of kids clothes

Kati
I have 37 items on Ebay this week.... raised £500 last month from selling junk and hope to do the same this month....It's tiresome, but worth it.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thats great have you already spent it or has it gone into that great big pot for oz you never know my OH may even buy some of your junk as he is never of ebay everytime we sell something he buys something else :rofl good luck with the ebay i had better list somethings aswell (i have a sign for sale any offers)It great to sit and watch other folks bidding on our rubbish and it amazes me what they buy keep going Kate

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.