Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

vlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Hi all you busy January bees!

Spoke to a estate agent who said as the house market dip seems to be a global thing that it might happen in Oz as well ...and that fact (although negative in the bigger economic climate) will assist potential buyers in Oz who had to accept a below-market value offer here in the UK...

Read on another forum for South African Expats to Oz that a member was told that DIAC staff has a deadline to clear up the backlog by 22 june! Hope it is true! Anybody else heard something like that?
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 10:24 pm
Claireg

claireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud ofclaireg has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by vlooi
Hi all you busy January bees!

Spoke to a estate agent who said as the house market dip seems to be a global thing that it might happen in Oz as well ...and that fact (although negative in the bigger economic climate) will assist potential buyers in Oz who had to accept a below-market value offer here in the UK...

Read on another forum for South African Expats to Oz that a member was told that DIAC staff has a deadline to clear up the backlog by 22 june! Hope it is true! Anybody else heard something like that?
Lets hope so ........................

Baby she is gorgeous here's a couple of photos of the boxers we've had 1st on is Bailey and the 2nd one is Ben - DD call's all boxers Bengie dogs! We have told her once we are settled we will discuss getting a dog - i think a goldfish might be more of a good idea!

Spoke to the EA this morning and she reckons that more people are looking at houses and thinks its the media blowing it all out of proportion
Attached Thumbnails January 08 Applicants-picture-070.jpg   January 08 Applicants-ben.jpg  
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 11:23 pm
FollowTheYellowBrickRoad

karlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to all

Originally Posted by claireg

Baby she is gorgeous here's a couple of photos of the boxers we've had 1st on is Bailey and the 2nd one is Ben - DD call's all boxers Bengie dogs! We have told her once we are settled we will discuss getting a dog - i think a goldfish might be more of a good idea!

Spoke to the EA this morning and she reckons that more people are looking at houses and thinks its the media blowing it all out of proportion

I don't know about that...... I think that may have been the case right at the start but now enough people have reacted to it to make it a reality.
EAs going out of business & conveyancers being made redundant speaks for itself IMHO.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 12:56 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

It can only get better!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 1:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karlakoala
I don't know about that...... I think that may have been the case right at the start but now enough people have reacted to it to make it a reality.
EAs going out of business & conveyancers being made redundant speaks for itself IMHO.
Originally Posted by mary1967
It can only get better!
I bloomin hope it doesn't get worse.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 8:12 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by claireg

They are both gorgeous boxers, I love boxers they are un like any other dog and we have always had dogs growing up think we will do the same once I know for sure what the story is as I don't want to be in the same position again Think your right gold fish is the safer option

I hope your EA is right it could be the TV just blowing every thing out of control make s good TV doom and gloom doesn't it
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:49 am
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

Well, I'm not sure what it will do for us but I talked long & hard with OH last night & we've decided to reduce our asking price - we were looking at our competition online & decided to price it so it becomes a bargain compared to others in the same price range. (though I thought it already was tbh)

So.......watch this space

Btw, I've watched enough "nothing to declare" to know feather duvets & pillows are a definite no go!!

Yes, we also have a "chat" - and agreed to stick with our price (with small reduction) and then when we get the visa - if we haven't sold - then reduce... when the house is the only thing holding us back!

How is everyone today - its been lovely and sunny - pity I was stuck at work all day!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 4:54 am
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fly Away

There is a website for the Aussie customs which gives you a list. Not sure about feather pillows as I have one too.

Sending Ks for good luck.
Thanks for the Ks! I think you are the first one to grant me some!

Niamh - you must be SO excited - am a little (a lot) jealous!!! How r u feeling about it all?
Old Jun 5th 2008, 5:52 pm
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

Originally Posted by vlooi

Haven't heard but would love it to be true!

Quick hi to everyone here from sunny Helsinki. Weathers been great and I've been enjoying good food and lots of latte Oh, I miss city life so much!!

One of hubbys position failed. We are still waiting for the other. Trying to book flights to same flight with our friend returning to Brisbane from holiday. Let's see if it is possible. Would be nice to have some company.

Well little one is hurgry..short visit... Hope you are all well!!

Kati
Old Jun 5th 2008, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by funshine
Thanks for the Ks! I think you are the first one to grant me some!

Niamh - you must be SO excited - am a little (a lot) jealous!!! How r u feeling about it all?
Me too!

Hope the ks do work for you - house selling is miserable.

Originally Posted by Kaitlin
Haven't heard but would love it to be true!

Quick hi to everyone here from sunny Helsinki. Weathers been great and I've been enjoying good food and lots of latte Oh, I miss city life so much!!

One of hubbys position failed. We are still waiting for the other. Trying to book flights to same flight with our friend returning to Brisbane from holiday. Let's see if it is possible. Would be nice to have some company.

Well little one is hurgry..short visit... Hope you are all well!!

Kati
Glad you're having a lovley time Kaitlin - not long for yuo now either.

No news really from me - still have our 2 house offers and have 2 more viewings on Saturday - had another yesterday. How lucky are we? 13 months on the market and suddenly we have interest - might be something to do with the fact we are now such a low price it's silly.
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:50 pm
FollowTheYellowBrickRoad

karlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to allkarlakoala is a name known to all

This morning I really feel like we shouldn't have reduced our house yet - I'm panicking again - so confused, I dunno wat to do for the best at all!!
Old Jun 5th 2008, 10:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

This morning I really feel like we shouldn't have reduced our house yet - I'm panicking again - so confused, I dunno wat to do for the best at all!!
Don't panic Karla. The market is so awful that reducing is a sensible decision if you want to sell any time soon. (Much as it pains me to say that.) We have had more viewings than we have ever had an 2 offers since we reduced drastically. Hope it works for you.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 4:53 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Hi All

Just leaping on for a few minutes in the middle of cooking and getting ready for a night out for good byes

out of our house tomorrow so don't know when ill get a chance to see how you all are might not be till im in OZ Ill update you all when we get there

Keep well every one and lots and lots of house selling good vibes coming your way send me some good ones for the flight please

Niamhxxxx
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Baby75
Hi All

Just leaping on for a few minutes in the middle of cooking and getting ready for a night out for good byes

out of our house tomorrow so don't know when ill get a chance to see how you all are might not be till im in OZ Ill update you all when we get there

Keep well every one and lots and lots of house selling good vibes coming your way send me some good ones for the flight please

Niamhxxxx
Hi Niamh,
Good luck with everything, keep in touch and let us all know how your getting on we'll miss reading you posts on here.
Hope all goes well
Take care
Beccie
Old Jun 6th 2008, 5:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Baby75
Hi All

Niamhxxxx
GOODBYE AND GOOD LUCK NIAMH!

Have a great night, a smooth flight and speak to you soon from the other side.

We'll miss you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.