Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Jun 30th 2008, 11:49 am
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by funshine
yes - we were also supposed to have a viewing on Saturday at 5 - we even held back our BBQ and kept the house 'clean-ish' - waited till 5:30 and no show! How rude! Good luck with the house sales to all selling

Hi Baby! glad you had a good day after all that - happy birthday!!!.

Where u staying now that you don't like - and where do u want to rent - we are always looking at houses on the internet in Brisbane (stunning!) and we are trying to narrow this list of suburbs down so we know where too look - we will also rent before we buy... keen to find out what u think... whats the weather like btw - its mid winter hey? we have had a few nice days here.

Take it easy everyone - hang in there!
Hello,

We are staying with friends at the minute they want us to house sit on till they come back from travelling, we do have a rental to go to after that and its in Maroochydore closer to shops and all of that were we are now you really need a car no way you would walk to a shop , its ok short term but not were ild like to settle I love walking so want to be able to get out and do that although not able for much these days with a bump but you know your self no one is being horrible we are all getting on great just need some space and all of that and Ild say its more me than them im due in 9 weeks so that doesnt help

the weather is great lovely during the day it can get quite cold here in the evenings but we have noticed in the last few days that down by the coast is actually warmer its colder up here in Buderim so you need a warm jumper for the evenings and mornings but no during the day its shorts and t shirts
Old Jun 30th 2008, 7:19 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's still stuck on the 12th November:curse:
Old Jun 30th 2008, 7:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

surge indeed:curse: i reckon they have lost them all:curse:
have a good day the sun is shining
Old Jun 30th 2008, 8:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karensoutherden
surge indeed:curse: i reckon they have lost them all:curse:
have a good day the sun is shining
There is one Oct and one Nov grant so far - better than in the past few weeks - give them chance to get going!!!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 9:31 pm
Just Joined

shahnoor is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I am Shahid Rafique from Pakistan.
I submitted my 175 GSM application on 15th of Jan 2008. Off Shore Application.

Recently I submitted IELTS Result of my spouse and mine, online.

From last many months the processing time is 19th September. If it keeps going with the snail pace, the way it is going right now, It could take ages to get processed. They are saying 15 months maximum.

Any idea, do they really process withing in 15months?

shahid
Old Jul 1st 2008, 12:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
There is one Oct and one Nov grant so far - better than in the past few weeks - give them chance to get going!!!
Another Oct on another site and just now an Aug too!!!

4 in one day - how long is it since that happened? Keep the faith folks.

Hi Shahnoor,

The sad fact is that the paper based applications are being processed VERY slowly. Coupled with being from a high risk country and you could be looking at 15 months. Try to thhink of this as the worst case though. It is now the start of the new visa year. They 'ran out' of visas about 4 weeks ago, so not many were granted. Hopefully, processing speeds will speed up now the reorganisation is complete too.
Old Jul 1st 2008, 1:26 am
BE Enthusiast

karensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to allkarensoutherden is a name known to all

I know just being a mizz thought it would happen over night)
Old Jul 1st 2008, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by karensoutherden
I know just being a mizz thought it would happen over night)

Me to
Old Jul 1st 2008, 3:35 am
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Originally Posted by mary1967
Me to
Me three
Old Jul 1st 2008, 4:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by ittakesages
Me three
Old Jul 1st 2008, 6:06 am
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Baby75
Hello,
The weather is great lovely during the day it can get quite cold here in the evenings but we have noticed in the last few days that down by the coast is actually warmer its colder up here in Buderim so you need a warm jumper for the evenings and mornings but no during the day its shorts and t shirts
Thanks for the info - it is so exciting hearing you talk about it!!! Can't Wait! (but sadly have to )

Originally Posted by ittakesages
Me three
Me Four!!!

Well, we are also feeling down - not much luck (not any actually!) on the house sale front and EA is trying to convince us to lower our price quite a bit for a sale... OH has been looking for contract work - as didn't want to go permanent with us moving 'in a few months' - but no luck there either! (and a few months has turned into a number of months He may need to go perm and then resign when we get the visa AND the house sold - we really had our hearts set on not spending another winter here... serious discussions to take place...
Old Jul 1st 2008, 6:27 am

The new processing unit in Brisbane is for ON SHORE applications submitted after 1st July, but they may process some pre July as well.

Hopefully that's more CO's for us
Old Jul 1st 2008, 6:28 am

10,000 +
Old Jul 1st 2008, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mary1967
10,000 +
Not bad for a dyslexic 2 finger typist.

Well I have been on a seesaw of emotion all day - can't decide about the Brissy centre. Hope to God it means we get our visas quickly as they want rid of us.... What I am worried about is that they are making all the Adelaide COs redundant when they have finished up to July and that means they will go really slowly. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old Jul 1st 2008, 6:53 am

Not bad for a dyslexic 2 finger typist.

Well I have been on a seesaw of emotion all day - can't decide about the Brissy centre. Hope to God it means we get our visas quickly as they want rid of us.... What I am worried about is that they are making all the Adelaide COs redundant when they have finished up to July and that means they will go really slowly. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Sounds like you've had a hell of a day From what i've read, the Brissy centre is just for On Shore applications, all Off Shore pre and post July are still being processed in Adelaide. I can't see them getting rid of the 'experienced' staff in Adelaide, now that would cause chaos

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.