Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Aug 14th 2008, 8:06 am
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by Fly Away
My news - hopefully will exchange next week buyers loan was approved today - that was the last thing outstanding. Just got to clear the house and find somewhere to live now!
Hope all goes smoothly!!!

Originally Posted by mary1967
I've decided to think positive about our house sale, which means the sale will go through on the 17th October, we'll rent a cottage for a week or two in Shropshire, we'll fly out towards the end of October, closely followed by the animals, we'll stay with my friend for a week before finding a fantastic rental, and then my OH will find a brilliant job that pays so much that i'll finally be a lady of leisure Watch this space...............
And for you too! We have resigned ourselves to the fact that we will now rent - giving the house sale another 3 weeks or so... as we are flying our 18th Oct (am I repeating myself - I'm still amazed by it all) - we need to focus on sorting the rental out before we leave

Originally Posted by Baby75
...well ive good news and bad news we got our pre grant letter so we got the visa but we dont have it as we have to all leave Australia to be officially granted the visa and seeing as i cant fly till after baby is born aint going to happen for another few weeks....
YAY - at least you know you will get the visa!! congrats - and good luck with the baby - not long to wait now for that too

Originally Posted by THESHARMANS
Just to let you all know.....Opened status page up this morning to discover that our visa has been granted !!!!! Just have to sell the house now !!
Congrats on the Visa Grant!!!
Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:21 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AshyB
whatever you've had for breakfast - I want some!!!
Ask Mick if they've got 1 more vacancy!!!

I certainly will

Well the good news is that the dog quarantine space came through today and our pets are flying out on the 22nd October Couldn't have that, so i booked 4 seats for us as well I'm still in shock at the moment I've also booked a cottage for 2 weeks before we fly, it's in the Peak District not Shropshire, so now we've got to complete on the house, hand our notices in and hope to god the dog passes the blood tests

Last edited by mary1967; Aug 14th 2008 at 12:26 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:29 pm

Hi Every one congrats on all the visa grants any one thats hasnt heard ring them and see what they say

well ive good news and bad news we got our pre grant letter so we got the visa but we dont have it as we have to all leave Australia to be officially granted the visa and seeing as i cant fly till after baby is born aint going to happen for another few weeks (somebody please tell me why I thought coming here was a good idea:blinkso they have recommended we go to down to Brisbane and get an extension on our holiday visa then we have to have the baby and get her a pass port pictures and medical fill out more forms to add her to the application then we wait get another pre grant letter leave oz then get visa for every body confused any one

I'm really kicking me self I could have stayed at home in Ireland saved all the money we have spent so far and prob have had a way better few weeks than we have had( not Australia that has been bad) sorry for going on and Ive only ourselves to blame really we took a chance and it hasn't paid off but you never know till you try do you man im so confussed now on what to do

Mary how the house sale going

Nic how are you and your house sale any new on visa yet

hope every one else is good

That's fantastic news Niamh, i know it's not exactly how you planned it, but at least you know you've got it and you can go into labour with one thing less to scream about

Just to let you all know.....Opened status page up this morning to discover that our visa has been granted !!!!! Just have to sell the house now !!

Thought would give a bit of background to our application (175 MODL(Nurse))
Ours was a straight forward application (No previous marriages, children to other parties etc) so didn't use an agent. Applied online 18.1.08 and posted everything electronically with no hitches. Were given a CO on the 21.7.08. The only extra thing we were asked to provide was the from 80 for husband. Had no more contact from CO until grant of visa.

I know the wait is long and becomes all consuming but we took the attitude that we would put the application to the back of our minds and get on with our lives which made the waiting easier.

Thanks to all who gave advice over the past few months and good luck to all of you wherever you are on the visa path.

Congratulations!!!!! form 80 eh? You reading this Nige?????
Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:34 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Mary we will get there eventually

heading down to brisbane today to try and see were we stand so we can make a plan LOL let you all know later
Old Aug 14th 2008, 12:44 pm

heading down to brisbane today to try and see were we stand so we can make a plan LOL let you all know later

You take care and try not to stress too much, time for that after the baby's born!
Old Aug 14th 2008, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

yummymummy77 is a jewel in the roughyummymummy77 is a jewel in the roughyummymummy77 is a jewel in the roughyummymummy77 is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: January 08 Applicants

A quick hello from sunny Sydney!! My first time on BE since we left and I see lots more visas have been approved - congrats! Hope all the remaining Jan applicants get good news soon....we have been here a week and its been hectic but good - I can't believe how friendly everyone is...keep having to pinch myself :-)

See you out here soon...maybe ;-)

Helen
Old Aug 14th 2008, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by yummymummy77
A quick hello from sunny Sydney!! My first time on BE since we left and I see lots more visas have been approved - congrats! Hope all the remaining Jan applicants get good news soon....we have been here a week and its been hectic but good - I can't believe how friendly everyone is...keep having to pinch myself :-)

See you out here soon...maybe ;-)

Helen

Can't believe you're there already We've just booked our flights and fly out to Perth on the 22nd October
Old Aug 14th 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

yummymummy77 is a jewel in the roughyummymummy77 is a jewel in the roughyummymummy77 is a jewel in the roughyummymummy77 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Mary :-)

yup - we got our 175's just in time! Makes life a lot easier when you are out here :-) Hope you are not too stressed with the preparations etc!

Helen
Old Aug 14th 2008, 6:35 pm

Hi Mary :-)

yup - we got our 175's just in time! Makes life a lot easier when you are out here :-) Hope you are not too stressed with the preparations etc!

Helen

Really stressed out but trying to stay positive

How long did it take to get over your jet lag?
Old Aug 14th 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

ajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant futureajitchandradas has a brilliant future

Thought would give a bit of background to our application (175 MODL(Nurse))
Ours was a straight forward application (No previous marriages, children to other parties etc) so didn't use an agent. Applied online 18.1.08 and posted everything electronically with no hitches. Were given a CO on the 21.7.08. The only extra thing we were asked to provide was the from 80 for husband. Had no more contact from CO until grant of visa.

I know the wait is long and becomes all consuming but we took the attitude that we would put the application to the back of our minds and get on with our lives which made the waiting easier.

Thanks to all who gave advice over the past few months and good luck to all of you wherever you are on the visa path.
Congratulations...
Old Aug 14th 2008, 7:52 pm
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

I certainly will

Well the good news is that the dog quarantine space came through today and our pets are flying out on the 22nd October Couldn't have that, so i booked 4 seats for us as well I'm still in shock at the moment I've also booked a cottage for 2 weeks before we fly, it's in the Peak District not Shropshire, so now we've got to complete on the house, hand our notices in and hope to god the dog passes the blood tests
excellent news...
get fido off the crack and he should be fine

i like the idea of a last holiday in the UK before flying out.

so jealous!!!
Old Aug 14th 2008, 8:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, congrats Sharmans. I'm still remaining confident that I wont have to do it. Even if I do, I'll speed write it in 3 minutes.

Name: lksjdokejfklerf

Places you've been: omerper, epfojkerpowke, wepfokwef and lsdkwlkdew

etc...
Old Aug 14th 2008, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

jimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nicejimandkate is just really nice

Hi everyone just want to say congrats to everyone on visa grants
GREAT NEWS Niamh just think that it wont be long now .Wehave heared nothing back OH has phoned and we have emailed to let them know that we have sent the info that they have asked for nearly 3 weeks ago everything still the same and no reply so getting OH to phone on Sunday night :curse:we thought that if we gave them everything straight away we would hear something back but nothing :curse:sorry thats my rant over kate
Old Aug 14th 2008, 9:57 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jimandkate
GREAT NEWS Niamh just think that it wont be long now .Wehave heared nothing back OH has phoned and we have emailed to let them know that we have sent the info that they have asked for nearly 3 weeks ago everything still the same and no reply so getting OH to phone on Sunday night :curse:we thought that if we gave them everything straight away we would hear something back but nothing :curse:sorry thats my rant over kate

so horrible waiting we uploaded the information and rang the next day a girlsaid she would email our co to remind him to look at it we checked our status page later that day and every thing changed to met and rang again and had an email the same day about pregrant letter so ring them then ring them again good luck
Old Aug 14th 2008, 9:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by funshine
Hope all goes smoothly!!!

Thanks Funshine - me too!!!

And for you too! We have resigned ourselves to the fact that we will now rent - giving the house sale another 3 weeks or so... as we are flying our 18th Oct (am I repeating myself - I'm still amazed by it all) - we need to focus on sorting the rental out before we leave

Good luck with that. Don't forget to get your gas safety check done. Once you have handed it over to the agent you will be fine though - just forget about it.

Congrats on the Visa Grant!!!
Congrats Sharmans!

many apologies if I missed you yesterday.

::

Well the good news is that the dog quarantine space came through today and our pets are flying out on the 22nd October: Couldn't have that, so i booked 4 seats for us as well I'm still in shock at the moment: I've also booked a cottage for 2 weeks before we fly, it's in the Peak District not Shropshire, so now we've got to complete on the house, hand our notices in and hope to god the dog passes the blood tests
WOOHOO!! Great news Mary - God, you've come a long way in the last 3 weeks. Only 2 months til you fly!!

PMSL.

Good luck Niamh - I'm sure everything will be fine. ((((((hugs))))))

A quick hello from sunny Sydney!! My first time on BE since we left and I see lots more visas have been approved - congrats! Hope all the remaining Jan applicants get good news soon....we have been here a week and its been hectic but good - I can't believe how friendly everyone is...keep having to pinch myself

See you out here soon...maybe
Helen
Hi Helen - great news you got there safely and are loving it. Gives us all hope!!!

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Lol, congrats Sharmans. I'm still remaining confident that I wont have to do it. Even if I do, I'll speed write it in 3 minutes.

Name: lksjdokejfklerf

Places you've been: omerper, epfojkerpowke, wepfokwef and lsdkwlkdew

etc...
¡¡¡¡¡sıɥʇ ǝʞı1 ǝʇıɹʍ p1noɔ noʎ ɹo

Originally Posted by jimandkate
GREAT NEWS Niamh just think that it wont be long now Wehave heared nothing back OH has phoned and we have emailed to let them know that we have sent the info that they have asked for nearly 3 weeks ago everything still the same and no reply so getting OH to phone on Sunday night we thought that if we gave them everything straight away we would hear something back but nothing :curse:sorry thats my rant over kate:
Fingers crossed for you Kate - it surely can't be long. You must be on a knife edge all the time...

I tried to log in to check my status but the service is down... can I cope until it comes back up????

Sending our passport renewals today. Emailed the DIAC to tell them last night. Hopefully they will be back in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed I don't doom us to chaos.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.