Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Aug 15th 2008, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by mary1967
PMSL.......................i did, honest

Morning all, sent my passports off yesterday, so now I've created stress for myself - hope they come back before the visa is granted. I sent an email to the DIAC telling them.... let's hope they read it.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 5:36 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fly Away

Morning all, sent my passports off yesterday, so now I've created stress for myself - hope they come back before the visa is granted. I sent an email to the DIAC telling them.... let's hope they read it.

We'd be bored if we weren't stressing ourselves out
Old Aug 16th 2008, 5:39 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Good job on the email. Keep the Mary Drip going!!

When's the exchange? Is the date set? How's the rental search coming?
Old Aug 16th 2008, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

We'd be bored if we weren't stressing ourselves out
True, I am quite worried that life in Aus will be boring oce all the stress of settling is over.... might have to look for another stresser then.

Originally Posted by tiger222
Good job on the email. Keep the Mary Drip going!!

When's the exchange? Is the date set? How's the rental search coming?

Thanks, I will, OH has a new contract to email too...

Fingers crossed we will exchange next week - I have booked to see a couple of rentals next week and saw one a few weeks back which is still on the market and they have reduced the rent.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

Can't believe you're there already We've just booked our flights and fly out to Perth on the 22nd October
oooh i'm so jealous you've booked your flights
Old Aug 16th 2008, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by The Clarkeys
oooh i'm so jealous you've booked your flights

Just think of my visa bill

Had a serious meltdown today - i've decided to apply for an extended garden permit so i can put a granite memorial stone in front of my parents grave, as I've been getting upset at the thought the grave might not get looked after with me not being here. Anyway, i went into the memorial place to pick which one i wanted and just burst into tears, couldn't stop, the poor bloke didn't know what to do with me. Kinda made it all final if you know what i mean.................dumb or what?
Old Aug 16th 2008, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Had a serious meltdown today - i've decided to apply for an extended garden permit so i can put a granite memorial stone in front of my parents grave, as I've been getting upset at the thought the grave might not get looked after with me not being here. Anyway, i went into the memorial place to pick which one i wanted and just burst into tears, couldn't stop, the poor bloke didn't know what to do with me. Kinda made it all final if you know what i mean.................dumb or what?
Mary...{hugs}...
Old Aug 16th 2008, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by tiger222
Mary...{hugs}...

Thanks Tiger
Old Aug 16th 2008, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Don't feel dumb we went to see a live band last night to see if they were available for our leaving do, I started crying at the 1st song as all I could think about was saying goodbye to everyone and havent been able to stop since, now thats dumb. Stupid thing is I really want to go and I'm really excited so why do I keep crying
Old Aug 16th 2008, 10:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ahh big hugs for both of you Mary and Beccie, it sounds like you have moved into the next stage and it is tough.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by Beccie
Don't feel dumb we went to see a live band last night to see if they were available for our leaving do, I started crying at the 1st song as all I could think about was saying goodbye to everyone and havent been able to stop since, now thats dumb. Stupid thing is I really want to go and I'm really excited so why do I keep crying
I feel so much better now

Ahh big hugs for both of you Mary and Beccie, it sounds like you have moved into the next stage and it is tough.
Thanks Nic, i'm sure you'll be joining us very soon
Old Aug 17th 2008, 5:44 am
Forum Regular

alexa7 will become famous soon enoughalexa7 will become famous soon enough

i'm getting seriousely stressed!!! we have a CO for a month now and didn't have any emais or any communication whatsoever and no visa either! what's going on??? all docs still say "received".... we called them twice and they just keep saying that co is looking into our docs, surely not for 1 month? we've uploaded everything!
what can it be, does anyone know?1 of the police checks i had was from abroad could it be that?
Old Aug 17th 2008, 7:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I feel so much better now

Thanks Nic, i'm sure you'll be joining us very soon
Thanks Mary. Glad you're feeling better.

Originally Posted by alexa7
i'm getting seriousely stressed!!! we have a CO for a month now and didn't have any emais or any communication whatsoever and no visa either! what's going on??? all docs still say "received".... we called them twice and they just keep saying that co is looking into our docs, surely not for 1 month? we've uploaded everything!
what can it be, does anyone know?1 of the police checks i had was from abroad could it be that?
It's a nightmare isn't it, there is no rhyme nor reason behind anything. Fingers crossed you hear next week.

OMG!! Have you seen this http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...-28737,00.html
Old Aug 17th 2008, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

The Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant futureThe Clarkeys has a brilliant future

now your doing lots of the final sorts of things i'll bet its all getting very 'real'. especially this.

have a hug from me too
Old Aug 17th 2008, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by alexa7
It's really annoying that you've had no word from them, but i've no idea what's holding it up either. Think the only other thing to do is ring again, which is a right pain in the rear, but if they think you're gonna keep ringing, they may just give you a proper update.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.