Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Jun 29th 2008, 8:14 am
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by ittakesages
That is a nightmare, really sorry to hear that. I think that people have no morals or manners when it comes to buying houses, it's almost like you are dealing with aliens
yes - we were also supposed to have a viewing on Saturday at 5 - we even held back our BBQ and kept the house 'clean-ish' - waited till 5:30 and no show! How rude! Good luck with the house sales to all selling

Originally Posted by Baby75
yep totaly dumb asses some times (sorry guys ) we are together 11 years as well and not even a card no forward thinking on his part LOL
ah well Ill get over it we did get out today and it was great had a brill day.

really not to keen on were we are living though cant wait to move to our rental but we cant do that on till after visa happens come on visa

thanks for the hugs I did get a bit home sick as long as it passes ill be good though only to be expected isn't it. dont want to be giveing off negative vibes to any one as other than that Im enjoying Australia
Hi Baby! glad you had a good day after all that - happy birthday!!!.

Where u staying now that you don't like - and where do u want to rent - we are always looking at houses on the internet in Brisbane (stunning!) and we are trying to narrow this list of suburbs down so we know where too look - we will also rent before we buy... keen to find out what u think... whats the weather like btw - its mid winter hey? we have had a few nice days here.

Take it easy everyone - hang in there!
Old Jun 29th 2008, 8:16 am
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

Hey Niamh - you need to change your location to Brisbane - or you waiting for your visa before you change it?
Old Jun 29th 2008, 9:22 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by funshine
yes - we were also supposed to have a viewing on Saturday at 5 - we even held back our BBQ and kept the house 'clean-ish' - waited till 5:30 and no show! How rude! Good luck with the house sales to all selling

Take it easy everyone - hang in there!

Can't believe how rude and pig ignorant some people are :curse: Fingers crossed for some genuine viewers
Old Jun 29th 2008, 12:08 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Fly Away
You're not a dum ass! Your OH might be one though!! 11 years, you'd think he would have a clue by now.

Glad you had a brill day today. What did you do?

Not long 'til July 1st. There have been a few more grants this week for the Novembers, so things are moving. Hopefully you'll be in your rental before too long.
I meant DH is a dumb ass sorry mixing you up he is making it up to me big time he will be so sorry now Im going to milk it for all its worth

we went to underwater world it was brilliant the sharks were huge great day
we are heading to some fee shows today they have lots on with the kids off here for two weeks now and there is an animal show in the shopping center should be good

only two more days and please plesae visa come quickly its looking good with some movement already just what we need now
Old Jun 30th 2008, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

chiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nicechiara is just really nice

Hi all

I have just booked my medicals for 8th August and feel really giddy so felt the need to share!!!!!

Do you think that the date is about right to be ready for when we get a CO

I am trying not to get too excited but it seems such a long time ago that we applied (jan 29th) that it is nice to feel like something is going to move soon.

Cx
Old Jun 30th 2008, 4:08 am

Originally Posted by chiara
Hi all

I have just booked my medicals for 8th August and feel really giddy so felt the need to share!!!!!

Do you think that the date is about right to be ready for when we get a CO

I am trying not to get too excited but it seems such a long time ago that we applied (jan 29th) that it is nice to feel like something is going to move soon.

Cx

Sounds ok. Most of us on here frontloaded our medicals ages ago, think we were a bit optimistic. You get a year from when you had your medicals/police checks done to actually validate.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mary1967
Can't believe how rude and pig ignorant some people are :curse: Fingers crossed for some genuine viewers
I agree - sorry to hear about that Funshine. Fingers crossed for another PROPER viewing really soon for you.

Originally Posted by Baby75
I meant DH is a dumb ass sorry mixing you up he is making it up to me big time he will be so sorry now Im going to milk it for all its worth

Good for you - he will suffer for years to come for this!

we went to underwater world it was brilliant the sharks were huge great day
we are heading to some fee shows today they have lots on with the kids off here for two weeks now and there is an animal show in the shopping center should be good

Glad you had a great time - sounds fab. We will be up there on hols sure as eggs is eggs!

only two more days and please plesae visa come quickly its looking good with some movement already just what we need now ::
It must be nearly the 1st July over there Niamh!!! *jumping up and down smiley* I bet you are on that PC first thing!!

Originally Posted by chiara
Hi all

Do you think that the date is about right to be ready for when we get a CO:

Cx
Good luck in your meds. They are more frightening than they really are. I wish we had waited like you, but I suppose we can always redo them if we have to. *sigh*

Sounds ok. Most of us on here frontloaded our medicals ages ago, think we were a bit optimistic. You get a year from when you had your medicals/police checks done to actually validate.
LOL, we all got carried away because they were moving at such a fast pace.
Old Jun 30th 2008, 4:35 am

I agree - sorry to hear about that Funshine. Fingers crossed for another PROPER viewing really soon for you.

It must be nearly the 1st July over there Niamh!!! *jumping up and down smiley* I bet you are on that PC first thing!!

Good luck in your meds. They are more frightening than they really are. I wish we had waited like you, but I suppose we can always redo them if we have to. *sigh*

LOL, we all got carried away because they were moving at such a fast pace.

Don't wanna pay £1004 again
Old Jun 30th 2008, 4:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Don't wanna pay £1004 again
EEEK! how come yours we so much?? We paid about £500 for meds for 2 adults and 1 child plus 2 x £87 for xrays. Don't want to pay that again either!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:43 am

EEEK! how come yours we so much?? We paid about £500 for meds for 2 adults and 1 child plus 2 x £87 for xrays. Don't want to pay that again either!

Kids were classed as adults:curse:
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kids were classed as adults:curse:
I see - you should have lied about their ages.

Anyway - i've seen that you know about the newest Nov CO. So you should hear REALLY soon. Remind me - which day did you apply in Dec?
Old Jun 30th 2008, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

lynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the rough

when we get case officers what is the likely time frame for visa's then, we do not have meds yet...
also off the piont a little what is a TAB in australian terms????
Old Jun 30th 2008, 7:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by lynneandwayne
when we get case officers what is the likely time frame for visa's then, we do not have meds yet...
also off the piont a little what is a TAB in australian terms????
TAB is a betting shop - often in a pub!

If you wait til you get a CO to get meds done, you are looking at about 8 weeks (I'm guessing) If you already have meds etc and everything is correct - it could be instant!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 7:42 am

I see - you should have lied about their ages.

Anyway - i've seen that you know about the newest Nov CO. So you should hear REALLY soon. Remind me - which day did you apply in Dec?

23rd December

I wouldn't mind, OH passed his IELTS on the 1st December, what took us so long??????:curse:
Old Jun 30th 2008, 8:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

23rd December

I wouldn't mind, OH passed his IELTS on the 1st December, what took us so long??????:curse:
Of course! Nerrrrr

We waited a whole month for OH's updated reference - if we had known they were so slow we wouldn't have waited and just submitted and attached later... Still we live and learn!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.