Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

January 08 Applicants

Old Jul 4th 2008, 7:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

Originally Posted by Fly Away
PMSL, I think he thought his luck was in.

Is your mini meet still on this weekend?

Thanks Karen - I may take you up on the offer of the tent!! I won't let the buyer get away!!

Thanks Claire - I hope the property market is picking up for everyone.

Thanks Beccie - I'm looking for rentals right now... hope I can find one as nice as yours.

Thanks Debs - it's been a very positive week hasn't it?
I wouldn't worry it won't be for very long now they've started processing Dec applicants yipeeeeeeeeee but tell them its for 6 months or you'll have trouble
Old Jul 4th 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by craig42
me a plumber and the wife a nurse ....
Craig add your self to the timeline so everyone can see us Januite's have started getting CO's, congratulations

Follow this link

http://www.beupdate.co.uk/visa.php?month=Jan&year=08
Old Jul 4th 2008, 8:07 pm
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

Morning everyone - WOW a 'January' has a CO - !

Looking at the numbers on BE update - progress is excellent since last month...

Visas - 18 grants since monday (compared to 9 the entire month before)
COs - 9 assigned since monday (+1 Craig!) (compared to 9 the entire month before)

Lets hope this progress continues!

Have great weekends!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 8:13 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by debbie222
Gonna have to miss this meet up.....hopefully next time!

That's a shame, but i'm sure there'll be others!

Originally Posted by funshine

COs - 9 assigned since monday (+1 Craig!) (compared to 9 the entire month before)

Have great weekends!
Just need them to work a bit quicker and grant mine
Old Jul 4th 2008, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all, you were busy last night!

Originally Posted by tiger222
F/A - Congratulations on getting the house sold! That's Fantastic!!::

Thanks Tiger

You'll have to reduce your monitor time on BE and focus on getting moved! Don't worry, I'll pick up the slack while you're gone! l:
LOL, I think we have been competing for the title of 'most obsessed' this week.

Originally Posted by mary1967
Yep, we're meeting on Sunday at Brewsters (Winwick Quay in Warrington) at 2 pm - i'm looking forward to it, but i'm a bit nervous:
Hope you have a great time. You'll be fine after 5 mins and a glass of wine! Wish I could be there too!

Originally Posted by Baby75
Nic thats great news delighted for you

Thanks Niamh - the wear and tear on your knes was worth it hun.:rofl:

claireg thanks we are doing great so far one bad day aint so bad out of 30 here just the month now :

Glad you're feeling good - knowing the visa is on its way must help too!

cant wait for Monday now and hopefully more visa think we will give diac another ring and see were we are ::

have a good weekend
Good luck with the phonecall. Don't forget to tell them that your OH has a job offer!!!!!! Then come straight on here and tell us all about it!

Originally Posted by Beccie
I wouldn't worry it won't be for very long now they've started processing Dec applicants yipeeeeeeeeee :: but tell them its for 6 months or you'll have trouble
Thanks Beccie - sadly we probably won't be flying out til after Xmas as OH has taken a contract until then so we don't stave! So we can truthfully say it's for 6 months.... I bet you will be booking that plane as soon as you get the visa! (I'm jealous!)

Have great weekends!
Another obsessed person. Thanks for the count - it's amazing!

That's a shame, but i'm sure there'll be others!

Just need them to work a bit quicker and grant mine::
Soon hun, soon, keep checking your status!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 4th 2008, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Morning all, you were busy last night!

Soon hun, soon, keep checking your status!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My status page obsession has started again I know my OH's passport number off by heart
Old Jul 4th 2008, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

My status page obsession has started again I know my OH's passport number off by heart:rofl:

That could come in handy if he loses it.

I'm trying not to check more than once every 3 days....
Old Jul 4th 2008, 9:23 pm
Niamh,Paul + 4 :)

Baby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to beholdBaby75 is a splendid one to behold

Nic well it had to work eventually didn't it oh dont worry ill update you all on what they say we are going to tell them about the job offer just wondering will we need proof of it

Mary think ill be the same only ive forgotten them now have to check it again

Funshine thats excellent counting keep it up
Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Baby75
Nic well it had to work eventually didn't it oh dont worry ill update you all on what they say we are going to tell them about the job offer just wondering will we need proof of it

Mary think ill be the same only ive forgotten them now have to check it again

Funshine thats excellent counting keep it up
What with you and St Joseph intervening for me, I was on a winner.

I would get the employer to write a simple letter saying they have offered your OH a job as xyz at their xyz premises and are waiting for his visa to be granted in order to employ him as they are aware he can not work until he has the visa. (Write it yourself and get them to sign it!)
Old Jul 5th 2008, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Laura_TheGoose_Davies will become famous soon enough

Have great weekends!
Wow I needed those positive stats - makes me feel somehing is happening at last! Woo hoo!
Old Jul 5th 2008, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

lynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the rough

wow things are moving, wonder if we need to get meds, how long does it take to arrange medicals, family of 4???
Old Jul 5th 2008, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Laura_TheGoose_Davies
Wow I needed those positive stats - makes me feel somehing is happening at last! Woo hoo!
Laura -

In your signature it states, PCCs requested. Was that by an agent or CO?
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by lynneandwayne
wow things are moving, wonder if we need to get meds, how long does it take to arrange medicals, family of 4???

It depends on where you go. We had ours done in Manchester and were offered a date that same week. If you're not in a hurry to go or to validate this year, you may be as well hanging on. We did ours in January because we're hoping to go in October - not so sure about that now
Old Jul 5th 2008, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

Laura_TheGoose_Davies will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tiger222
Laura -

In your signature it states, PCCs requested. Was that by an agent or CO?
Hiya. No - no CO yet, I've just changed my signature... I had sent the form in requesting the check but have since received the letter back. I had to ring them though as they were outside their 40 day data protection act requirement. v.funny telling New Scotland Yard they were breaking the law!

I celebrated American Independence day Aussie style last night as I have discovered a gorgeous pub run by an Aussie couple here in Norwich. I had some Crown lagers with the 'Aussies in Norwich' crowd; it was a fab night but has made me quite homesick for Oz! Come on immi we want to see more COs allocated!
Old Jul 6th 2008, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

lynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the roughlynneandwayne is a jewel in the rough

can you just go to your own gp then for meds, or do you have to go elsewhere???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.