Reload this Page >

January 08 Applicants

Wikiposts

January 08 Applicants

Old Aug 9th 2008, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Royston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: January 08 Applicants

did you book your tickets on the internet as I was a bit hesitant to do this, if so are all the companies reputable?. I have started looking at flights for January and dont want any problems.
Thanks Royston
PS I just got my passport returned with the visa in it
Old Aug 10th 2008, 1:13 am

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Royston
did you book your tickets on the internet as I was a bit hesitant to do this, if so are all the companies reputable?. I have started looking at flights for January and dont want any problems.
Thanks Royston

As soon as we've got our quarantine date we're gonna book our flights on line directly with Singapore Airlines - most credit card companies offer insurance for on line purchases.

NOTE FOR ANYONE TAKING A DOG

If you're intending to take a dog within the next 9 months, apply for your import licence sooner than later. We're now having to wait for a quarantine space, which can't be booked until the import licence comes through, this could take upto 3 weeks

This has proved a right pain in the rear because we can't plan or book anything until we've got the date through.
Old Aug 10th 2008, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Beccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to allBeccie is a name known to all

Thanks Royston
Hi Royston,

Booked online through the singapore airline website, it was £200 cheaper than booking through the travel agent we paid £602 each. I did call before to enquire about the double baggage allowance and they said as long as the visa's are for indefinate stay and have not been validated before we can just turn up with 40 KG's each no problems.

Really easy to book and chosen seats and meal at the same time its great
Old Aug 10th 2008, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

tiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud oftiger222 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mary1967

As soon as we've got our quarantine date we're gonna book our flights on line directly with Singapore Airlines - most credit card companies offer insurance for on line purchases.

NOTE FOR ANYONE TAKING A DOG

If you're intending to take a dog within the next 9 months, apply for your import licence sooner than later. We're now having to wait for a quarantine space, which can't be booked until the import licence comes through, this could take upto 3 weeks

This has proved a right pain in the rear because we can't plan or book anything until we've got the date through.
Does that apply to CATS too??? We're undecided about taking our cat. But we'll have to decide if we need to apply now!
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by tiger222
Does that apply to CATS too??? We're undecided about taking our cat. But we'll have to decide if we need to apply now!

Cats are easy..............we've got 2, all they need are their normal booster injections and to have a treatment for flea's and worms before they fly, no blood test, nothing. The animal shippers still have to apply for an import licence but there doesn't seem to be much of a waiting list, so it's not as stressful. We were told they could send the cats over in September, but the dog will probably be early November
Old Aug 10th 2008, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

Royston is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Beccie
Hi Royston,

Booked online through the singapore airline website, it was £200 cheaper than booking through the travel agent we paid £602 each. I did call before to enquire about the double baggage allowance and they said as long as the visa's are for indefinate stay and have not been validated before we can just turn up with 40 KG's each no problems.

Really easy to book and chosen seats and meal at the same time its great
thanks for that Mary and Beccie. I looked at singapore airlines and my tickets will cost £624. So will book them shortly, I did plan on going on the 10/01/09, but the tickets were about £125 more expensive, so Ill go the following week and save some money.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 2:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Royston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to CK who got his today too!
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:20 am

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Congrats Royston!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to CK who got his today too!

Any news Fly Away? Have you exchanged yet?
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Any news Fly Away? Have you exchanged yet?
Thanks Mary - no news... sigh.... wasn't this supposed to be a quick sale???

Buyer went on holiday for 2 weeks, decided he would stay for an extra week, meanwhile his bank wrote to him asking for another piece of info for the loan, but he didn't get the letter because he was on holiday, so he only sent it to the bank last Thursday... I have no idea how long it will take the bank to process it... Basically this is the last thing holding up exchange. Just worried now that the bank will change their minds and won't lend him the money.

How's your sale going? Did you hear if the survey was OK???
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Citygirl is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: January 08 Applicants

Mary,

Can I just ask what form your pestering took... i.e. Phone, E-Mail? And can you give out the number/ address you used, as I'm getting zero response..

It's so close I can smell it!

Congrats to all the successful Jan Applicants, and Good Luck to the rest!

Citygirl
Old Aug 11th 2008, 4:36 am

Thanks Mary - no news... sigh.... wasn't this supposed to be a quick sale???

Buyer went on holiday for 2 weeks, decided he would stay for an extra week, meanwhile his bank wrote to him asking for another piece of info for the loan, but he didn't get the letter because he was on holiday, so he only sent it to the bank last Thursday... I have no idea how long it will take the bank to process it... Basically this is the last thing holding up exchange. Just worried now that the bank will change their minds and won't lend him the money.

How's your sale going? Did you hear if the survey was OK???
Bloody buyers:curse: I promise that when we buy our next house i will be the perfect viewer

Valuation went through without any problems........phewwwwwwwww...........all that worrying over nothing!

It's in the hands of the solicitors now, but i'm in no rush cause of the dog problem and homelessness. Saying that, our FTB buyers want to be in within 4/6 weeks, so i've got to be careful we don't peeve them off too much.

Originally Posted by Citygirl
Mary,

Can I just ask what form your pestering took... i.e. Phone, E-Mail? And can you give out the number/ address you used, as I'm getting zero response..

It's so close I can smell it!

Congrats to all the successful Jan Applicants, and Good Luck to the rest!

Citygirl

Well................. I uploaded OH's wage slip at the end of every month by email and also sent a couple of those enquiry forms off telling them i'd sent more info................it was only a bit of pestering
Old Aug 11th 2008, 6:38 am
we're there!

AshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant futureAshyB has a brilliant future

Valuation went through without any problems........phewwwwwwwww...........all that worrying over nothing!

It's in the hands of the solicitors now, but i'm in no rush cause of the dog problem and homelessness. Saying that, our FTB buyers want to be in within 4/6 weeks, so i've got to be careful we don't peeve them off too much.
glad to hear there's some progress on the sale...

Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:54 am
Loving the Sunshine

funshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant futurefunshine has a brilliant future

Thanks Royston
DH went into London today and now we all have the salmon visa stickers in our passports

We will probably also go Singapore Airways : London -> Singapore -> Brisbane.

We provisionally booked the removers today and we are busy setting up our bank accounts in Oz.

All Very Exciting... also deciding when to hand in my notice !
Old Aug 11th 2008, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bloody buyers:curse: I promise that when we buy our next house i will be the perfect viewer

Fingers crossed for you - hopefully it will all go through smoothly. It might not happen this way BUT I have been told by lots of people that standard completion time is now 12 weeks instead of 6 as the banks are being very slow to issue mortgage offers. So you might be there longer than you think. (Might not though...)

Well................. I uploaded OH's wage slip at the end of every month by email and also sent a couple of those enquiry forms off telling them i'd sent more info................it was only a bit of pestering
I am going to continue our bothering campaign next week - OH has a new contract which can be emailed, I have a P60.... might phone again... they will be sick of me.
Old Aug 11th 2008, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

desperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of lightdesperatehousewife is a glorious beacon of light

I am going to continue our bothering campaign next week - OH has a new contract which can be emailed, I have a P60.... might phone again... they will be sick of me.
Fingers (and toes) crossed for you!

Good luck with the (MPC) Mary Pestering Campaign

Lindsay x

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.