Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Jun 9th 2012, 3:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Well, today I took DD for her blood test- 6 vials they took, and she passed out! Amazing colour change through green to white, and rolling back dead fish eyes- totally unresponsive. I did not panic, but helped the collector put her feet up, fan her, put my icy cold hands on her and throw water in her face three times till she came to and then when strong enough move her to a bed and go and get her a shortbread biscuit and hot chocolate. Of course now she has a bruise on her arm as we were more concerned with bringing her round than pressing on the vein. when she recovered we were told that they needed another sample, but that due to her age and the fact that she had fainted, they would try to split one of the 8ml tubes. Phew. In future she has to lie down for blood tests.

I got my MRI results back and took a sneaky peak- no real increase in lesions, but a disc is pressing on a nerve root at C6-7 so that is what is causing the arm pain. So good news in a way.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

odd
Old Jun 9th 2012, 12:42 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Crap day ever, got a phone call this arvo to say my old Dad fell head first down his concrete alleyway, broke his arm and is now in hospital awaiting surgery, he has cuts all over his face, arms and hands. Im just skyping my sister now as I type.

I feel totally wank - my sisters are at the hospital and I wish I was.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 12:44 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Crap day ever, got a phone call this arvo to say my old Dad fell head first down his concrete alleyway, broke his arm and is now in hospital awaiting surgery, he has cuts all over his face, arms and hands. Im just skyping my sister now as I type.

He doesn't live on Guernsey by any chance,helped an old fella with same injuries last night who fell in an alleyway
Old Jun 9th 2012, 12:48 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
He doesn't live on Guernsey by any chance,helped an old fella with same injuries last night who fell in an alleyway
No,
Old Jun 9th 2012, 12:53 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

No,
Good,that would have been just too ****ing weird
Old Jun 9th 2012, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Good,that would have been just too ****ing weird
He was there 5 mins before someone heard him to call an ambo

Bloody hell, this is shite, I feel so helpless and scared.
Old Jun 9th 2012, 1:05 pm
FREE TIBET

He'll be fine mate
Old Jun 9th 2012, 1:25 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Horrible thing to happen, but he's in the best place now Hugs for you though
Old Jun 9th 2012, 1:29 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Well, today I took DD for her blood test- 6 vials they took, and she passed out! Amazing colour change through green to white, and rolling back dead fish eyes- totally unresponsive. I did not panic, but helped the collector put her feet up, fan her, put my icy cold hands on her and throw water in her face three times till she came to and then when strong enough move her to a bed and go and get her a shortbread biscuit and hot chocolate. Of course now she has a bruise on her arm as we were more concerned with bringing her round than pressing on the vein. when she recovered we were told that they needed another sample, but that due to her age and the fact that she had fainted, they would try to split one of the 8ml tubes. Phew. In future she has to lie down for blood tests.

I got my MRI results back and took a sneaky peak- no real increase in lesions, but a disc is pressing on a nerve root at C6-7 so that is what is causing the arm pain. So good news in a way.
Ooh, your poor DD A friend of mine is needle phobic, but doesn't get physical symptoms till later, kind of like PTSD. About 10 years ago, she had to have a jab for something or other, and suprised herself by being fine. She has to go to the hospital for injections, because of her reactions and both her and her mum thought it was strange that she was ok. 6 hours later, she was stood at the top of her stairs and just blacked out, fell down the stairs and knocked herself out She had an overnight stay and has a scar on her head, but luckily was fine, but she still has to have special attention if she has jabs.

Good news about your MRI
Old Jun 9th 2012, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by rasen78
Horrible thing to happen, but he's in the best place now Hugs for you though
Its when my sister said his face is all scraped and swollen and his hands/arms all cut - my big old Dad, its awful.

And because I went out to lunch with friends today, the walking around the City with it being a bit colder, has brought on my Sjogrens in my lungs, they are so dry and burning, it feels like bronchitis - so thats a pain, going to have a steamy shower later to see if it helps.

I am so worried about Dad, I feel sick and I cant help it, my sister said he was trying so hard not to cry, they said they are going to see if the bone fuses as to whether or not they pin it.

Old Jun 9th 2012, 3:14 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Long, it's late/early and I have a long drive to cricket tomorrow but Rage is compelling ... Such is life ...
Old Jun 9th 2012, 10:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Its when my sister said his face is all scraped and swollen and his hands/arms all cut - my big old Dad, its awful.

And because I went out to lunch with friends today, the walking around the City with it being a bit colder, has brought on my Sjogrens in my lungs, they are so dry and burning, it feels like bronchitis - so thats a pain, going to have a steamy shower later to see if it helps.

I am so worried about Dad, I feel sick and I cant help it, my sister said he was trying so hard not to cry, they said they are going to see if the bone fuses as to whether or not they pin it.

It is horrible to think of your dad like that, and there is nothing you can do about it. Dad's are always a strong figure for us girls, and it is shocking when something happens that shatters that image. (((hugs)) But as the others have said, he is in the best place to be looked after and has some family to help him so he is not alone. You have to look after yourself too you know, as Dads will always worry about their little girls.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 1:55 am

I woke up this morning all happy and then had that wave of dread/sickness when I remembered Dad being in hospital.

Horrible feeling, the first few days after an accident are the most painful so I know he will be really sore today but my sister said they have him on morphine now.

Old Jun 10th 2012, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Cheetah! We have MIL in hospital in Uk so I completely empathise with your feelings!

Today is much better than yesterday where my headache developed into a full-blown migraine.

Feeling good. Good reports on MIL. Kids playing outside nicely with each other and not too much noise to disturb the neighbours. Older daughter did just land on her head but her skull is thick! Will keep an eye on her but she seems fine.

So now to do all the shopping and cleaning that didn't happen yesterday. Plus want to put together a small photo album to send MIL of the kids to cheer her up.

Got a major week coming up though!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.