Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

Wikiposts

How has your day been?

Old Jun 6th 2012, 7:00 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by eddie007
Am quilting the Hearts in Squares quilt for my friends God daughter... Has to be ready to go to Tasmania the beginning of July...so have to crack on with it...

Am loving doing this one... Its the first quilt I've ever done where I've strived for perfection.... Am quilting it not with cotton thread, but with YLI 100 ct silk thread....top thread and bottom.... Can Quilt it to within an inch of its life without adding weight to the quilt....

And though I say it myself... THIS one is nearly good enough to enter a quilt show...

Pity... Have to hand it over when I've finished it...
Photos upon completion please
Old Jun 6th 2012, 7:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Back from the MRI and physio, with a headache of course, and enjoying a cup of Lady Grey before I have to dash and get DD from swimming. She left a message that the coach doesn't want her to swim for more than an hour today. Poor thing- her periods are all up the creek since the antibiotics- she is having them every 2 weeks at the moment. No wonder she can't get fit.

I do have a gripe with the coach- they have written a report and put all the girls names who were competing, with the number of PB's they had, and they put Katy's name with nothing beside it- she was the only one who didn't get any last weekend. Why did they have to point it out??
Old Jun 6th 2012, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Back from the MRI and physio, with a headache of course, and enjoying a cup of Lady Grey before I have to dash and get DD from swimming. She left a message that the coach doesn't want her to swim for more than an hour today. Poor thing- her periods are all up the creek since the antibiotics- she is having them every 2 weeks at the moment. No wonder she can't get fit.

I do have a gripe with the coach- they have written a report and put all the girls names who were competing, with the number of PB's they had, and they put Katy's name with nothing beside it- she was the only one who didn't get any last weekend. Why did they have to point it out??
That's just mean. Not the supportive team type of club then?! I would have just omitted those who had none.

Hope your headache improves......I don't think I could do a head one. Just having a knee MRI freaks me out big time.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itigo
That's just mean. Not the supportive team type of club then?! I would have just omitted those who had none.

Hope your headache improves......I don't think I could do a head one. Just having a knee MRI freaks me out big time.
They have a substitute coach in atm, but the real one comes back next Wednesday.

Still headachey, but then I was lying in a cage for 45 mins with a trance party going on around me.
At least the physio doesn't want to see me for a few weeks, to see if I can maintain the improvement in my pain levels from a 7 to a 3.

Doctor's appointment today, to do my annual RTA licence evaluation. I'm worried that my eye is so bad she might not let me drive.

Oh and now I have an e-mail that tells me to come in for another blood test as the one I had on monday shows borderline for pregnancy!! (WTF????I'm 52 and menopausal)

Last edited by carolinephillips; Jun 7th 2012 at 11:49 am. Reason: update
Old Jun 7th 2012, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

They have a substitute coach in atm, but the real one comes back next Wednesday.

Still headachey, but then I was lying in a cage for 45 mins with a trance party going on around me.
At least the physio doesn't want to see me for a few weeks, to see if I can maintain the improvement in my pain levels from a 7 to a 3.

Doctor's appointment today, to do my annual RTA licence evaluation. I'm worried that my eye is so bad she might not let me drive.

Oh and now I have an e-mail that tells me to come in for another blood test as the one I had on monday shows borderline for pregnancy!! (WTF????I'm 52 and menopausal)
OMG. I think sometimes you can get a false positive (drug interaction, ovarian cyst etc?). Good luck with the repeat!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 1:21 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quite a pleasant drive in this morning, listening to the radio about the tornado yesterday.

Feeling knackered and drained still but its the weekend so can rest up a bit.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 5:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yippee- my left eye was good enough for me to pass, so I can still drive.

Doc did mutter about an ovarian cyst, but says it is more likely to be a blip in the lab, so I'll have to wait until my next test on wednesday to get results.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:48 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yippee- my left eye was good enough for me to pass, so I can still drive.

Doc did mutter about an ovarian cyst, but says it is more likely to be a blip in the lab, so I'll have to wait until my next test on wednesday to get results.
Yay! A cyst or a blip is way better than a pregnancy (well it would be for me anyway)
Old Jun 7th 2012, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Yay! A cyst or a blip is way better than a pregnancy (well it would be for me anyway)
It would be for me too, at nearly 52 and with MS I don't have the ability to be a mum to a baby.

And that's why I'm having a drink!!
Old Jun 8th 2012, 11:20 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Woke up at 4am in agony, stayed in bed till 6am and made a cuppa, took some painkillers, Gordon bit me because he was hungry, made Mr PP a hot lemsip as he has a chest infection, now back in bed listening to the red tailed black cockies shouting outside.

Got to take the kelpie to the vet today as his ear is hurting him, hope that is not too costly Then off to Subi to meet some friends for lunch. Housework will have to wait.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Got a stinking headache. Hope it clears soon. Lying in bed typing this on my phone as I don't want to get up.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Got a stinking headache. Hope it clears soon. Lying in bed typing this on my phone as I don't want to get up.
Hope you feel better - you are not coming down with something are you?, my painkillers have kicked in so that has made a difference, I do fancy another cuppa though - I shall make you one if you like

I might even walk to the Vets later if its not raining, I have 27kgs to lose
Old Jun 8th 2012, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

A long black would be great, thanks!
Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:39 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Think it's gonna be a good one. The old man has just left for the day on his bike, my daughter is babysitting all day and my son has just asked for bus fare to go out with friends. That means the house to myself again today so I can get my final assignment of the semester finished and submitted. Once that's done I'll finish hemming the pyjamas I made last week then tackle the housework.
Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit lost to be honest....

Clean and tidy house (not of my doing)

Having coffee at 12 at the foreshore.

HE doesnt want or need me to come food shopping.

Could go and clothes shop wit the hoppalong kid... But I'd rather stick white hot needles in my eyes...and so would she..... Dont want to send Kevin, coz it will be... One outfit for you, two for me, one T shirt for you, two for me, one hoodie for you, three for me... And end up costing me four times what it would for me to take hoppalong kid.....

Maybe I'll put some socks on... With the extra 11kg I'm carrying courtesy of inactivity and antidepressants that will kill half an hour

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.