Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Jun 5th 2012, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

A mixed bag

Delighted to see kevin and The Jellybeans scans showing everything tickety boo so far....

Had a REALLY busy day... Work, Drs, psychologists, shopping.... But I am feeling pressured to do more, when all I want to do is lie down in a darkened room with my tens machine going full blast.....

Would have liked to have spent some time with HIM tonight... We have hardly seen each other for a week, even though HE took last week off work... Both been so busy preparing for the grey nomads.... Just want to have some "us" time.... But HE has gone to training....

But then I'm pleased that HE is persuing outside interests, especially as its male bonding time with The future son in law....

Rock and a hard place....

AND I have a teary thirteen year old who forgot homework given out three weeks ago and is freaking because she doesnt think she'll get it done... I say she will get it done... Offered to help and have unhelpfully pointed out that crying wont do it... Just getting on with it will do it.... And we CAN do it..which is apparently the wrong thing to have said....

And have Stesshead Nomad stressing that he hasnt got the medicare cards... He has the receipt... Yes but I dont have the card, you only need the receipt, but what if some one wants the card, show them the receipt and stop doing my ****ing head in....Dont even THINK about mentioning Tax file numbers to me... OR the shipping... They will arrive when they arrive and not a minute sooner....

And other Grey Nomad wanting phone numbers put into new idiot proof mobile phone NOW... And upset because I've said "tomorrow" AFTER work... When I've got some decent analgesia and less on my plate....

Didnt realise quite how Western Australian I have become.... I DONT do Other peoples imagined stresses ...or factitious stresses.... Or what if stresses.... Too busy dealing with everyday real stresses.... Like will I be able to make a mortgage payment after Thursday as planned?????
Old Jun 5th 2012, 1:38 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Try rice flour next time.
Noted I enjoyed my heated-up tuna concoction in any case, hell, if you add Cayenne Pepper anything is tolerable
Old Jun 6th 2012, 3:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Got up and went to work at 0600... Couldnt sleep, thinking about a friends situation.... The stress she is going through right now, and the fact all she can do is wait... Til the wheels of justice grind on..... Just couldnt switch off.... Bloody typical.

Today is national "Remind UK trained Nurses of Your Code of Professional Conduct Day"..... I have declared it so.... ESPECIALLY the bit about working with your colleagues in an open and professional manner....

Had the rudest most unprofessional interaction from a Bloody Pommie nurse this morning.... Took great pleasure in asking her whether she was still registered with the NMC... When she told me she was I reminded her of that bit....
Old Jun 6th 2012, 5:40 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Average day, little sleep last night, sore eyes - optician to get my eyes stained later and check if steroids have stuffed them up or if plaquenil have buggered up my retinas.

Looking out of the window and the weatehr is shite, not looking forwward to driving in it.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

I've just been out to clear up some of the devastation from last night's storm. Lots of big branches down all over the garden and the road. The council came to cut down the neighbour's dead tree- bit late, as most of it had already been blown down. They thoughtfully left a 4 metre high stump! No damage to the neighbour's house, just the hedge.

Now I'm tired and aching. Just got a letter from the RTA saying I have to have a doctor's review before I can drive. Dang. more expense, and stress that the GP will ban me until my eye is fixed.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 9:28 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

So glad I am home, parrot is throwing her toys around, Gordon is knocking things off the counter as he wants more food, the dog has wormed his way onto the sofa and keeps pawing me for attention as Mr PP has been called in to work, its a case of being as naughty as they can.

A bit fed up to be honest but tomorrow is another day.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
So glad I am home, parrot is throwing her toys around, Gordon is knocking things off the counter as he wants more food, the dog has wormed his way onto the sofa and keeps pawing me for attention as Mr PP has been called in to work, its a case of being as naughty as they can.

A bit fed up to be honest but tomorrow is another day.
You should NOT be fed up... Today youmscored a fairly significant point for "justice".... Certainly one up in my opinion... You should treat yourself to a glass of something celebratory after what you achieved today...

Today a point... Tomorrow the war... OK
Old Jun 6th 2012, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by eddie007
You should NOT be fed up... Today youmscored a fairly significant point for "justice".... Certainly one up in my opinion... You should treat yourself to a glass of something celebratory after what you achieved today...

Today a point... Tomorrow the war... OK
Im having a beer, thats all I can drink now.

Just feel so worn out by it Eddie, Mr PP has been called in to work so I guess being on my own is poking it a bit.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Got my MRI and then a physio appointment today, so looking forward to being deafened, injected and poked and prodded. (not)
Old Jun 6th 2012, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Got my MRI and then a physio appointment today, so looking forward to being deafened, injected and poked and prodded. (not)
Good luck Caroline.
Old Jun 6th 2012, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Oh I don't envy you your day. Hope it goes ok. Hugs.....
Old Jun 7th 2012, 12:45 am

I am so bloody tired this morning I cannot concentrate, Mr PP came home with a high temperature last night, so dosed him up on lemsip and he said he feels a lot better and his temp is now normal so he has gone in to work.

I didnt sleep well at all, so am about to make a coffee before do anything else, got shit loads to do but my head isnt working so coffee will be the answer I hope.

Drained does not cover how I feel today.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 3:24 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

So far so good. Ran into a friend on the train into work, told a troublemaker to stop stirring shit or she'd regret it, spent some time with a favourite co-worker catching up on what I've missed over the last 4 weeks and made my boss laugh by screaming like a girl when a giant bug crawled across my foot in his office.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 3:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty good so far. Itching nearly gone and got some financing sorted for First Born so she's really happy and will be the owner of a beautiful car tomorrow and even better she's being truly fab and giving Tiddler her old car free gratis. Sometimes I remember why I love her so much.
Old Jun 7th 2012, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Am quilting the Hearts in Squares quilt for my friends God daughter... Has to be ready to go to Tasmania the beginning of July...so have to crack on with it...

Am loving doing this one... Its the first quilt I've ever done where I've strived for perfection.... Am quilting it not with cotton thread, but with YLI 100 ct silk thread....top thread and bottom.... Can Quilt it to within an inch of its life without adding weight to the quilt....

And though I say it myself... THIS one is nearly good enough to enter a quilt show...

Pity... Have to hand it over when I've finished it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.