Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

Wikiposts

How has your day been?

Old Jun 3rd 2012, 1:29 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Just about to have my second cup of coffee and then I will decide how my day is going. Just spoken to husband on the phone who was laughing because our little parrot has started to dance and bob her head up and down to music.

How is everyone else on this Monday morning?
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Ecstatic! Lots of good news going on here. MIL is recovering well following her surgery. Still waiting for results from pathology but everything as good as can be expected. Local council events organiser has been great and can sort us out a citizenship ceremony as soon as we have paperwork from Immigration (taking test tomorrow. Keep for us!). And I have managed to locate an Invisible Clothesline, having bought one at my local Mitre 10 at the weekend, needed another one and it is a discontinued line. But rang round loads of stores and located one. (Hey, it makes me happy!) So a good day all round!
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 1:55 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
Ecstatic! Lots of good news going on here. MIL is recovering well following her surgery. Still waiting for results from pathology but everything as good as can be expected. Local council events organiser has been great and can sort us out a citizenship ceremony as soon as we have paperwork from Immigration (taking test tomorrow. Keep for us!). And I have managed to locate an Invisible Clothesline, having bought one at my local Mitre 10 at the weekend, needed another one and it is a discontinued line. But rang round loads of stores and located one. (Hey, it makes me happy!) So a good day all round!
What's an invisible clothesline and how do you use it if you can't see it? Good news about the MiL
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

http://www.kennovations.com.au/portf...-clothes-line/

Folds away to a slim panel.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 3:55 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Iwannabethere
That is so sad but really quite cool!
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 5:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from the neurologists- got to have another MRI of brain and spine as he thinks I'm having a flare up. (More expense!!) Might explain the numb nose and spiders crawling over my hand. BP up too 150/90 from 120/80 a month ago, but then he took it just after he'd told me off for not going to the doctor with chest pain. Also lost a bit more weight- 54kg now. At least he had no problems taking blood, so no massive bruises today.

I consoled myself with a whole bag of Cadbury's buttons instead of lunch, and now feel decidedly nauseous.

Meh.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 6:32 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Just got back from the neurologists- got to have another MRI of brain and spine as he thinks I'm having a flare up. (More expense!!) Might explain the numb nose and spiders crawling over my hand. BP up too 150/90 from 120/80 a month ago, but then he took it just after he'd told me off for not going to the doctor with chest pain. Also lost a bit more weight- 54kg now. At least he had no problems taking blood, so no massive bruises today.

I consoled myself with a whole bag of Cadbury's buttons instead of lunch, and now feel decidedly nauseous.

Meh.
Makes me feel daft moaning about my niggles. Woke up feeling fine but itchy, got back from school run, felt a bit bleugh, that continued until lunchtime, took a bite of sandwich and projectile vomited! Think I'm ok now, might light the fire early though.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 7:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Makes me feel daft moaning about my niggles. Woke up feeling fine but itchy, got back from school run, felt a bit bleugh, that continued until lunchtime, took a bite of sandwich and projectile vomited! Think I'm ok now, might light the fire early though.
I'm used to my niggles, though feeling like spiders are crawling across your skin is a bit yukky. But I'd rather have that than vomiting!!!! (And even worse, having to clean it up when you are not feeling too good.)
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 7:06 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
I'm used to my niggles, though feeling like spiders are crawling across your skin is a bit yukky. But I'd rather have that than vomiting!!!! (And even worse, having to clean it up when you are not feeling too good.)
I managed to get to the bathroom so some cleaning up, but not as much as it could have been. I do have to do dinner though so it could be interesting.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 10:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I managed to get to the bathroom so some cleaning up, but not as much as it could have been. I do have to do dinner though so it could be interesting.
Make casserole so if the worst happens no one will notice the extra chunks of carrot!

eeeew- can't believe I have just typed that. Sorry.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

....and now it is really stormy and the gum trees are already shedding branches. We are in for a wild night.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:15 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok kind of day, nervous waiting and on tenterhooks.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 8:50 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I've just burnt the garlic bread and made some tuna patties that refused to hang together without breadcrumbs, which I am avoiding.

Apart from that it's been OK.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 9:18 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

First day back at work after nearly 4 weeks off. Mostly ok with periods of shite thrown in for good measure.

I have a 2000 word paper due in 3 days that I've written exactly 72 words for. Tonight will be mostly shite with periods of extreme boredom as I try to get it done.
Old Jun 4th 2012, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I've just burnt the garlic bread and made some tuna patties that refused to hang together without breadcrumbs, which I am avoiding.

Apart from that it's been OK.
Try rice flour next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.