Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Jun 2nd 2012, 9:25 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yes, she walks around making this little half purr/half meow sort of sound.

I'm going to start pinning the pattern to the material for the pyjamas I'm making. Lovely long flannel nightshirt coming up.
You can make pyjamas? I've been on the hunt for decent PJ's, Myer ones are crap, I need a new fluffy dressing gown too, I miss M&S for PJ's
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 9:30 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
You can make pyjamas? I've been on the hunt for decent PJ's, Myer ones are crap, I need a new fluffy dressing gown too, I miss M&S for PJ's
Have you looked at Peter Alexander? I work with a girl who loves his stuff. I just had something in mind that I couldn't find in stores so modified a men's shirt pattern to suit. Oh! Sussan also has loads of nice fluffy dressing gowns too. Not too expensive either.
Old Jun 2nd 2012, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Husband had his first dose of Chemo today. Prognosis very good but cancer is fricking cancer at the end of the day. Was diagnosed a year ago - Non Hodgkins Lymphoma but not enough for the doc to want to put him through Chemo. Tuesday he decided it was time. Needs six doses and that 'should' kill it. Life's a bitch and then something happens and you realise that bitch was a bit of a doll afterall
to you and yours my lovely friend.

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Best wishes to yer man,he'll be fine,chemo is tough but the spirit and the love of a good woman is tougher.
Never a truer word spoken
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:05 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Short, so far.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Short, so far.
Don't worry,it will get longer soon.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:10 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Hope your husband goes through the chemo ok MP. Thinking of you.

My understanding is that shingles comes about from the virus still hiding in your system after you've had chickenpox to rear its head especially when your immune system is low etc. I'm not sure how you can have a vaccine for it but it's there on the vichealth website!

Chickenpox is a much milder disease in children which is why they don't vaccinate in the UK. Horrible if you have it when you're an adult. My Mum was so ill with it and absolutely covered. Down her ear tubes, up her nose, it went everywhere......

My youngest had chickenpox at 11 weeks courtesy of his sister. She was covered but he only had 15 spots. When we arrived here, they said he was protected by me as I fed him so it wasn't a true case and vaccinated him. Last year at 2 years old he had a full blown case of shingles bless him, confirmed by swab. Very sore and quite a few spots. Luckily in the band round his abdomen, not his head. It attacks in a band around your body somewhere so you won't get it spread around.

Hope you feel better soon MP. x
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:21 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Husband had his first dose of Chemo today. Prognosis very good but cancer is fricking cancer at the end of the day. Was diagnosed a year ago - Non Hodgkins Lymphoma but not enough for the doc to want to put him through Chemo. Tuesday he decided it was time. Needs six doses and that 'should' kill it. Life's a bitch and then something happens and you realise that bitch was a bit of a doll afterall
That's awful. But chin up Penny. You, your bloke and your family will stomp all over this one just as you've done with every other challenge that you've faced.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:50 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

I went back to sleep after my early hours wake up, only just woken up Just had breakfast and once the painkillers kick in, I shall go to the gym and then take the dog out for a walk.

But first they have to kick in.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday was lovely.Went to work in the morning till 2pm.Then took my daughter to Myers where she got her nails done and her makeup.It was a surprise treat from me and she was thrilled.Never had it done before.Then bought her new jeans and clothes for her birthday on Thursday.She really appreciated the fuss.Just booked tickets to go see a concert today as another surprise.I might need earplugs though.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 3:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Adjusting to Grey Nomads....

Expecting another houseguest this arvo ...for ? a few days.... I jured in the line of pissups from what I can gather

About to make yougurt lemon drizzle cake x 2 at houseguests request...

Roast beef, yorkshire puds and apple crumble ... Yeuck for dinner tonight...

Need to get OUT of this dressing gown stat....
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 6:28 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
Don't think the chicken pox vaccine is in common use in the UK. My 2 certainly haven't had it and they both got chicken pox, at the same time, when L was about 2 and S about 4. They're 6 and 8 now
My kids were never offered chickenpox vaccine in the UK and I'm pretty sure it's still not available. When we came here and realised chickenpox vaccine here is pretty much compulsory I couldn't believe it. My daughter had it last year at 4, but my two boys have not been offered yet.

Hep b is given here to all babies when they are born, whereas in the UK it's usually drug addict born babies etc. Several docs here have told me it should be compulsory to all babies the world over. It's a huge problem.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by eddie007
Adjusting to Grey Nomads....

Expecting another houseguest this arvo ...for ? a few days.... I jured in the line of pissups from what I can gather

About to make yougurt lemon drizzle cake x 2 at houseguests request...

Roast beef, yorkshire puds and apple crumble ... Yeuck for dinner tonight...

Need to get OUT of this dressing gown stat....
I was in my dressing gown till quite late but feel better as I went to the gym so I am pleased with myself and now I am going to watch my 'Drop Dead Fred' DVD and make myself laugh.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 1:12 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Long, but that is fackin' families for ya ...
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 1:38 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Itchy.
Old Jun 3rd 2012, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Itchy.
Pat, rather than scratch if you can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.