Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old Jun 16th 2012, 7:27 pm
Brisbane's friendly cop

Scubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond reputeScubaemma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Day has been good so far. Had a bit of a sleep in this morning and then we took the fishing kayaks up to Pine River (near Redcliffe) for a couple of hours of paddling around in the sunshine. It was a beautiful day. We didn't fish today, just kayaked.

Came home and collapsed in a heap. Unfortunately I start night work tonight so have to try and stay 'up' rather than cosy in for the evening. Sigh. The first night of night work always hurts.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 7:29 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Im so pleased with myself, did some weights at the gym to increase upper body strength, been given a whole load of stuff I can do which is good.

But now I am back from the gym and I want chocolate, a big fat overweight bag of maltesers. I wont have any, I shall remain strong but I wish i didnt want them so much.

And I have just remembered, I ordered some long sleeved tops from M&S this morning, I do love ordering from M&S so cant wait for those to arrive.

Got someone coming round later to pick our half built aviary up and bring some toys for my parrot, then I have ironing to do, wash and straighten my hair and chill out in front of the TV.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 8:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Just entertained some friends and their teens as an early birthday dinner for OH. One set brought a starter and the other brought a pudding, and I did the main- roast gammon, and chicken legs for those that don't like gammon. I also did nibbles, and a baked cheesecake and fruit coulis in case people didn't like the pudding- they'd have been mad not to try it as it was a chocolate roulade with cointreau creme filling and fresh strawberries. The teens polished off the chocolates! I won't need to eat for a few days!

Decidedly tired now after clearing up, and am having a quick look at the e-mails before settling on the sofa for the evening.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

DD's party going well. Kids all playing in the playroom and bedrooms. Movie has been watched. Pizza eaten. Birthday cake lit, blown out and eaten (well, some of it). Debris cleared up. Dishwasher running. Easiest party ever!
Old Jun 16th 2012, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Fabulous so far. Had a chat on Skype with the grandkids, went for a 5 mile walk in the countryside with amazing colours, iconic poppy fields, some cute little birds, (we will pass over the stinging nettles) and now about to do the vegies for Sunday lunch (DH fancied cooking a goose) then we are going out to see some sustainable organic vegie gardens in the village. Sun is shining, birds are singing, my dad is recovering from whatever ailed him on Thursday and long may it continue!
Old Jun 16th 2012, 11:42 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Fabulous so far. Had a chat on Skype with the grandkids, went for a 5 mile walk in the countryside with amazing colours, iconic poppy fields, some cute little birds, (we will pass over the stinging nettles) and now about to do the vegies for Sunday lunch (DH fancied cooking a goose) then we are going out to see some sustainable organic vegie gardens in the village. Sun is shining, birds are singing, my dad is recovering from whatever ailed him on Thursday and long may it continue!

Skype is brilliant, I love chatting to my sister whilst having a cuppa, she has seen my house when I carried the computer round to each room and even my car, which I had to move back from the Porch one day so sat my laptop in the front and she was chatting to me as I did it (bloody funny it was)

Glad your Dad is better.
Old Jun 16th 2012, 11:55 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scubaemma
Day has been good so far. Had a bit of a sleep in this morning and then we took the fishing kayaks up to Pine River (near Redcliffe) for a couple of hours of paddling around in the sunshine. It was a beautiful day. We didn't fish today, just kayaked.

Came home and collapsed in a heap. Unfortunately I start night work tonight so have to try and stay 'up' rather than cosy in for the evening. Sigh. The first night of night work always hurts.
Bummer, good luck.

Kayaking is great, done some of that up on the Sunshine Coast

My day has been parenting and caring for a mildly sick OH.

Ending with a cheeky duty-free shiraz from the recently landed MIL, which I have looked up and noted it is $60 a bottle.

I may make it last, $60 is usually enough for 20 litres of cask in my world
Old Jun 17th 2012, 5:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Much more positive.... Fingers crossed for the future.... Exhausted, but on top of things right now.... Have a definate PLAN... Mwah ha ha ha ha ha haaa
Old Jun 17th 2012, 7:50 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Meh!
Old Jun 17th 2012, 7:52 pm
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Well it's 12:51 am, so far not bad.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 8:04 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thought it was going well but turned out not so much. I had my first check up with the surgeon and he's put me on 3 days house arrest which means I have to defer my final exam of the semester on Wednesday. I've still got one drain in which I hate! Hopefully that will come out on Thursday when I go back.

On a positive note, though, all my dressings were changed and the incisions look good. Antibiotics seem to be working on the kidney infection too since there's less back pain.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Thought it was going well but turned out not so much. I had my first check up with the surgeon and he's put me on 3 days house arrest which means I have to defer my final exam of the semester on Wednesday. I've still got one drain in which I hate! Hopefully that will come out on Thursday when I go back.

On a positive note, though, all my dressings were changed and the incisions look good. Antibiotics seem to be working on the kidney infection too since there's less back pain.
Fingers crossed that you continue to make good progress.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 8:51 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

I spent nigh on half the day looking in numerous shops for a plain red t-shirt suitable for a 7 year old for sports day. I ended up in Capalaba of all places.

Why I didn't just head straight for Garden City from the Bogan Hyperdome is a bit of a mystery.

The majority of the afternoon was spent in traffic broken by a pleasant coastal walk.

Early evening has been cooking and doing the dinner thing.

I have had a work-related missed call on my mobile which may be good news, I will find out on the morrow.

I am now looking forward to the other half of the Shiraz and an evening spent next to an open fire.

My bowel movements have also been pleasantly cleansing and robust (I think the regular addition of spinach to my diet has been the key) so I have no complaints about the day.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by DeadVim
I spent nigh on half the day looking in numerous shops for a plain red t-shirt suitable for a 7 year old for sports day. I ended up in Capalaba of all places.

Why I didn't just head straight for Garden City from the Bogan Hyperdome is a bit of a mystery.

The majority of the afternoon was spent in traffic broken by a pleasant coastal walk.

Early evening has been cooking and doing the dinner thing.

I have had a work-related missed call on my mobile which may be good news, I will find out on the morrow.

I am now looking forward to the other half of the Shiraz and an evening spent next to an open fire.

My bowel movements have also been pleasantly cleansing and robust (I think the regular addition of spinach to my diet has been the key) so I have no complaints about the day.
I am thrilled about your bowel movements, Mr PP wont let me have spinach as I do tend to smell rather nasty.
Old Jun 17th 2012, 10:19 pm

My day has been very nice, aside from some bits to worry about at the back of my mind, otherwise not too bad at all.

Just waiting for Mr PP to get home and I shall have some tea, although I am not hungry at all, I am sure once I smell garlic I may be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.