Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How has your day been?

How has your day been?

Old May 29th 2012, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How has your day been?

Been awake since 3am. desperate to go back to bed now, but can't till OH has gone to work. Shoulder very painful. Still feel bleurgh. Massage yesterday was painful rather than pleasant, and the masseur said that the lower back/hip pain I have is like that seen on people who use walkers, but he was mystified as to why I have it, so I'll ask my physio tomorrow, (who is calling up my neurologist as she is mystified as to what is going on with the shoulder.)

Dagnabit- I'd like for once to be straightforward and not a medical mystery.
Old May 29th 2012, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Been awake since 3am. desperate to go back to bed now, but can't till OH has gone to work. Shoulder very painful. Still feel bleurgh. Massage yesterday was painful rather than pleasant, and the masseur said that the lower back/hip pain I have is like that seen on people who use walkers, but he was mystified as to why I have it, so I'll ask my physio tomorrow, (who is calling up my neurologist as she is mystified as to what is going on with the shoulder.)

That's no good Caroline. Big hugs. Hope you have a chance to rest today.

I so get where you're coming from with the medical mystery bit. I have a less serious condition but it's really rare so Drs and allied health are often puzzled by me!

Last edited by itigo; May 29th 2012 at 10:03 pm. Reason: Addition
Old May 30th 2012, 12:00 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itigo
Have a poorly boy on the sofa. Threw up for nearly 24 hours yesterday/overnight. Managed to get some fluid into him but it kept coming back. Has managed some toast and apple and water/hydralyte icy poles but is totally flaked on the sofa sleeping. He did have me up every hour last night but I'm starting to get a little concerned. He's 3 and not a happy chappy. :-(

Also had a brain CT scan today. Not the best day I've had!
Hope the little fella is a bit better today and the results of your CT are what you hope for too.

Originally Posted by carolinephillips

Big hugs, hope you feel a little better soon x

On a personal note, yesterday didn't start too bad and then my poor 14 year old comes home from school with the news that one of her closest friends has decided that life isn't worth living and has commit suicide. To say we are all devastated is an understatement, the young girl lives local to us and she has spent a lot of time in my house over the past couple of years and I can't even begin to comprehend how her family must be feeling. First appointment with the child psych today and not a moment to soon given my daughters own fragile mental state and the events of yesterday. RIP Kim you beautiful girl, sorry you didn't see how much you were loved by all who knew you.
Old May 30th 2012, 12:14 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Hope the little fella is a bit better today and the results of your CT are what you hope for too.

On a personal note, yesterday didn't start too bad and then my poor 14 year old comes home from school with the news that one of her closest friends has decided that life isn't worth living and has commit suicide. To say we are all devastated is an understatement, the young girl lives local to us and she has spent a lot of time in my house over the past couple of years and I can't even begin to comprehend how her family must be feeling. First appointment with the child psych today and not a moment to soon given my daughters own fragile mental state and the events of yesterday. RIP Kim you beautiful girl, sorry you didn't see how much you were loved by all who knew you.
That is so so sad.The family must be devastated as well as all her friends.The poor girl.After my blow out with my daughter on Sunday I realised that I hadn't been listening to my daughter as much as I thought I had.I haven't been easy to live with since losing both my parents in December. Sometimes as a parent you say things when you are really angry that you dont really mean but to a child they believe it.She is a super girl but I was nagging her and giving her a hard time.She told me how she feels and some of her feelings about herself were so sad.We all had a talk and have made a promise to be more understanding.In the end we had a nice day on Sunday and spoilt her a bit and tried to make her feel special.So far so good.We get so busy with work and other things that we don't quiet see whats on our doorstep.
RIP to the young girl.
Old May 30th 2012, 12:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh fark C! You've had way too many over there in the past couple of years. Hope K is ok and yes, perfect timing for the psych. Hugs
Old May 30th 2012, 2:11 am
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, he's a lot better today thankfully.

So sorry about your daughter's friend. There were a few in Geelong a few years ago about the same age. Also have experienced it as a friend too. It's so confusing and upsetting. I'm glad your daughter is seeing the psychologist today, hope it goes well.
Old May 30th 2012, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks NB- and hugs back to you and yours. What a terrible thing to happen.
Old May 30th 2012, 12:42 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear about your daughter's friend. How awful for you all. 14 is far too young to die.
Old May 30th 2012, 1:50 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

NB, hope the appointment went OK.
Old May 30th 2012, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So this morning is already not going well. OH is in bed sick, having been up most of the night, and I've got to struggle through rush hour traffic to take DD to RNSH for an endocrinologist's appointment, and find somewhere to park and be charged $5 per hour. I'm not feeling too good myself either.
Old May 30th 2012, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

A hopeful start to the morning. Just had word that MIL's surgery has gone well. Just need to wait for the pathology lab to analyse the bits they took out so that we know what's next. But so far so good!
Old May 31st 2012, 1:21 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Really tired, like could fall asleep at any given point tired and more than a little drained mentally as well.

Old May 31st 2012, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Home now- DD is not going on statins yet- they want to do more testing. DD got a shock when they weighed her at 56kg. Diet time!!!! (161cm so I'm still taller than her) She also has to see a dietician. But bp is 90/60 so no worries there.

Still feeling rough, but OH is up and about. Got physio this afternoon, so I'd better go and have a bath, as I just feel manky.
Old May 31st 2012, 2:40 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Slow start to the day, it was a late night. Kids all went down to the park near ours and Kim's house to light candles and just all be together. I have kids everywhere in my house, on every couch, every spare inch of floor! I figured it was better they were all together at a time like this rather than be alone.

They all seemed in a much better mood after the little memorial, remembering the good times rather than the horrific ending. Funeral will be the next step to get through but mood is lighter than yesterday.

Onwards and upwards.

Hope everyone else is OK and feeling a little better.
Old May 31st 2012, 2:48 am

Slow start to the day, it was a late night. Kids all went down to the park near ours and Kim's house to light candles and just all be together. I have kids everywhere in my house, on every couch, every spare inch of floor! I figured it was better they were all together at a time like this rather than be alone.

They all seemed in a much better mood after the little memorial, remembering the good times rather than the horrific ending. Funeral will be the next step to get through but mood is lighter than yesterday.

Onwards and upwards.

Hope everyone else is OK and feeling a little better.
How did the appointment go with the psych?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.