Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:06 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

if you both want janet and linda, i can call into the 2 local rental agents (dowlings and tony cant) for the rental list what is out at the moment. what sort of rental are you both looking for? i live in medowie, about 10/15 mins towards nelson bay from raymond terrace. there is a decent size bi-lo here/butchers/2 hairdressers/florist/post office come newsagent/2 doctors surgeries/vets/2nd hand shop/video rental/cafe type place/bakers/2 bottle shops/1 pub/1 chinese restaurant etc etc. nice place. (could go on, but i am droning now).

let me know.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
we are about 15 minutes from raymond terrrace. it is in a really good place logistically, but depends on which side whether it is okay or not. have you got an address, so i can check it out. hubbie works with people who live there, so would be able to assist better if we knew which part of raymond terrace. i do most of my shopping there. it is about 40minutes from birubi beach/one mile beach area.

pm me if you need more info.
xx
Hi one of the houses we looked at was on Elliot close we will be up there at the weekend to have a look around,Linda we are renting our house out in the UK so will not be buying yet but with hindsight we should probably have sold as we are having trouble finding tenants we didnt want smokers in there and we only really wanted to rent it for 6 months a couple of people seemed okay but failed the checks we will probably sell sooner than we thought we didnt want to leave it empty over the winter.
Janet
Old Nov 13th 2006, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

if you both want janet and linda, i can call into the 2 local rental agents (dowlings and tony cant) for the rental list what is out at the moment. what sort of rental are you both looking for? i live in medowie, about 10/15 mins towards nelson bay from raymond terrace. there is a decent size bi-lo here/butchers/2 hairdressers/florist/post office come newsagent/2 doctors surgeries/vets/2nd hand shop/video rental/cafe type place/bakers/2 bottle shops/1 pub/1 chinese restaurant etc etc. nice place. (could go on, but i am droning now).

let me know.
That sounds interesting! Have seen some likely properties for buying on the net but haven't yet looked at many rentals in the Medowie area. What would be the average rental price for a 3 bed house with reasonable gardens in a quiet location? As we will not be in oz til 12th January haven't really looked too hard as thought would be better to wait until we are there to physically look around. Our son is also looking out for us and it is very kind of you to offer to check out some too. We are presently living in Devon (for another 3 weeks, then will be "homeless" til arrival in Oz in January. Looking for something possibly semi-rural on edge of town rather than in the "busy" parts. How long have you been in NSW and what are your first impressions?

thanks, Linda
Old Nov 13th 2006, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi one of the houses we looked at was on Elliot close we will be up there at the weekend to have a look around,Linda we are renting our house out in the UK so will not be buying yet but with hindsight we should probably have sold as we are having trouble finding tenants we didnt want smokers in there and we only really wanted to rent it for 6 months a couple of people seemed okay but failed the checks we will probably sell sooner than we thought we didnt want to leave it empty over the winter.
Janet
Hi Janet, sympathise with you regarding having to rent out your house in U.K. We were so lucky that a local family are buying our house!!! We really expected to have to come out to validate our visas and then come back until house sold in U.K. Can't believe how smoothly everything has gone so far though am having little doubts re shippers - have booked with Pickfords but not sure how reliable they will be - still waiting for confirmation that they will be here 28,29 and 30th November to pack our stuff!!! We were impressed with our first contacts with them and their quote seemed reasonable enough but...... we will see! Guess you start to look for trouble when everything else works out so well. We are getting quite excited now - can't really believe this all happening at last!! How are you dealing with the heat - I hear that it has been really hot lately and the drought is causing some problems - price of fruit/veg/dairy produce etc?? Happy house hunting!! keep posting. Linda
Old Nov 13th 2006, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

let me know.
Hi we are looking for a house 2/3 bedrooms preferably not in the center of town somewhere quiet $250 + per week any where around Nelson Bay thanks Janet
Old Nov 13th 2006, 10:38 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi we are looking for a house 2/3 bedrooms preferably not in the center of town somewhere quiet $250 + per week any where around Nelson Bay thanks Janet
medowie is quiet, semi-rural. we like it here. ours is a 3 bed/2 bathroom big garden at $240 per week.
Old Nov 14th 2006, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

medowie is quiet, semi-rural. we like it here. ours is a 3 bed/2 bathroom big garden at $240 per week.
Thanks for that - sounds as though we all have similar tastes re the kind of areas we prefer. We are not desperate to live "near a beach" but to have reasonable access to the coast would be fine. Do you know Bulahdelah at all? Would be interested on your comments!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

AVERINA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Auzziebound
Hi Averina,

My sister called today to say that my parents have been allocated a CO and their file is with the '2nd officer' for checking...... what ever that is all about!!! She was told to phone back tomorrow for an update :scared: . So fingers cross (and everything else crossed) we'll know tomorrow and get the 2nd VAC paid......

I'll keep you guys informed of progress.

Cheers
Jane
Hi Jane

Many thanks for the info, have your parents had their medical yet? or is this contact from their case officer the first contact they have had so far? When you say their acknowledgement date was 23 Feb does that mean the date their application was received or was it the date they actually lodged their application, this info would really help me if you could reply as I will get in touch with my agent and forward it to him in the hope he could find something out for us.

Many thanks again

Averina
Old Nov 14th 2006, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Originally Posted by AVERINA
Hi Jane

Many thanks for the info, have your parents had their medical yet? or is this contact from their case officer the first contact they have had so far? When you say their acknowledgement date was 23 Feb does that mean the date their application was received or was it the date they actually lodged their application, this info would really help me if you could reply as I will get in touch with my agent and forward it to him in the hope he could find something out for us.

Many thanks again

Averina

Hi Averina,

Their application was received at the POPC on the 23rd which is their ack date. They did their meds back in April along with my husband, son & myself.
(Remember they are going on a temp visa which I believe takes a little less time to process due to no AOS being required).

I called my sister early this morning as I couldn't sleep.When she called Perth today the guys she spoke to said that everything looked fine and they should hear within a month if not sooner........ She is going to call again at the end of next week, I told her not to bug them but she said that they were really nice and couldn't be more helpful every time she calls...

I'm hoping we get word b4 the end of the month and I want to hand my notice in at work and finish up at Christmas.........but if mum & dad don't go we don't.

Cheers
Jane
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:36 pm
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of
Question Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Hi All,

Sorry if this is a bore but.....being "careful with the cash" I am always in favour of DIY rather than pay out -- IF...its feasible and sensible.
Karen as taken on board the possibility that if get a DIY CPV application wrong "they" may impose a "cannot re-apply for three years" type ban or at least, we waste more time and take longer to get processed.
So if possible can I ask for a sort of mini poll ?
How many are doing a DIY CPV application and how many are using agents along with how you are getting on or any pitfalls.
AND to add to list ... we intend selling up and coming over on a 12 months visitor visa so is it best if using an agent - to have one based in Sydney, where we will be initially.

Arthur & Karen
still not clued up on all this stuff!
Old Nov 14th 2006, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
Hi All,

Sorry if this is a bore but.....being "careful with the cash" I am always in favour of DIY rather than pay out -- IF...its feasible and sensible.
Karen as taken on board the possibility that if get a DIY CPV application wrong "they" may impose a "cannot re-apply for three years" type ban or at least, we waste more time and take longer to get processed.
So if possible can I ask for a sort of mini poll ?
How many are doing a DIY CPV application and how many are using agents along with how you are getting on or any pitfalls.
AND to add to list ... we intend selling up and coming over on a 12 months visitor visa so is it best if using an agent - to have one based in Sydney, where we will be initially.

Arthur & Karen
still not clued up on all this stuff!
Hi we used a agent based in our local town Poole but it was just for peace of mind, we had so much going on hubby trying to sell business trying to sort the house out we thought it would be one less thing to worry about but if I had to do it again we would probably do it ourselves and save the £1000,good luck hope everything goes okay what ever you decide.
regards Janet
Old Nov 15th 2006, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi
we are doing ours ourselves and this is my third visa application that i have done for my family. my sons was a fiance one my daughters was a skilled one and we are doing the contributory visa one. i will be very glad when we finally get ours and i can stop wading through reams of paperwork as you can imagine! it as been tough i cannot pretend it hasn't, but, i have read everything over and over and asked for opinions and taken it all one step at a time. i am most impatient about ours though, much more than the others, i guess because it is what is keeping us from being together and i just want us to be there and all together again.
can you do an update guys and let everyone know where you are with your process as it as been a long time since we started this thread and we have new ones now who i am sure would like to know how you are all doing.

our acknowledment was 26th march 06 for a temporary contributory visa

lorraine
Old Nov 15th 2006, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

My mum and dad are doing the same, 12 months tourist while waiting on the CPV. All done without an agent... It's pretty straight forward...

Maybe you should download the forms from the internet and go through them to see if you feel comfortable filling them out and go from there?

There are plenty ready and willing to help here if you get stuck
Old Nov 15th 2006, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

deci will become famous soon enoughdeci will become famous soon enough

Hi all,

We are doing our own CPV and our acknowledgement date was 10th Feb 06.

Linda and John
Old Nov 15th 2006, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

AVERINA is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by Auzziebound
Hi Averina,

Their application was received at the POPC on the 23rd which is their ack date. They did their meds back in April along with my husband, son & myself.
(Remember they are going on a temp visa which I believe takes a little less time to process due to no AOS being required).

I called my sister early this morning as I couldn't sleep.When she called Perth today the guys she spoke to said that everything looked fine and they should hear within a month if not sooner........ She is going to call again at the end of next week, I told her not to bug them but she said that they were really nice and couldn't be more helpful every time she calls...

I'm hoping we get word b4 the end of the month and I want to hand my notice in at work and finish up at Christmas.........but if mum & dad don't go we don't.

Cheers
Jane
Hello Jane

Many thanks for the info, it really does help, I'm so pleased for your Mum & Dad, are they retiring or are they hoping to work? We lodged Jan and have applied for the permanent CPV 143, we are so fed up of waiting, we asked our agent back in April/May if we could front load our medicals and was advised against it as it had to be done on the corrects forms with photo scanned onto them, it just goes to show that they don't always know it all.

To all you out there who are wondering if you should use an agent then my advice would be NO DONT!!! It is really quite straight forward and you would save yourselves £1000 at least, to be honest I've done most of the work myself with the help of my Daughter asking questions at her end (Perth) and have learned more from this site from people who have done it and got the T.Shirt, I'm sure that when he calls us (eventually) to give us the good news that we have the letter of grant we will think he is the best thing since sliced bread but at the end of the day he is only the go between.

Best Wishes to you all

Averina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.