Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Nov 12th 2006, 3:59 am

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi everyone well we have finally arrived in Sydney we had a good flight with Singapore airlines and they were great as you know we didnt have our visa so we didnt have the extra baggage allowance but we explained the situation to them we had 60kilo and would of paid if we had to but they didnt charge us for the extra weight,we were here for 3 days when we got the call from our agent to say they wanted the final payment which we will pay tomorrow but we have the wedding in 2 weeks so we will go to New Zealand the 1st week of December to get the visa issued everything is a bit hectic at the moment my mum and son arrived from England last night they have all gone off to watch England play cricket this afternoon then back for a family barbecue tonight looking forward to that.
regards to you all
Janet
How do !
Glad to see your finally getting some where , enjoy Sydney
Old Nov 12th 2006, 2:29 pm
Just Joined

AVERINA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Auzziebound
To those of you that are still waiting, I was talking to my sister at the weekend and she was told the there is a back log at the POPC office. The CO she spoke to (unfortunately not my parents CO) said that they have been taken on more staff to deal with the back log.

She also said that my parents should be allocated a CO some time in November........(their ack date was the 23rd Feb) as soon as they get their pre-grant letter I can hand in my notice at work......

Cheers
Jane
Hi Jane

Have you any news yet on a case officer? we lodged 16 January and still no news about anything not even a case officer, does anyone else have any latest update??

Regards to you all who are waiting

Averina
Old Nov 12th 2006, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Perthforme
How do !

Hi Janet, glad you have finally arrived in Oz! Relief all round I suspect and what a hectic time you are having!!! I am sure that it is all worth it though.

We have booked our flights with Singapore Airlines, leaving LHR 10th January and arriving 12th - cant wait!!! Our house completes on 4th December so we are then travelling up country to Essex and Norfolk to start the round of farewells - crate of tissues on board! We feel strangely calm about it all though - the worst will be leaving our daughter behind but keeping fingers crfossed that she will be enticed over once we have all settled and when her neice/nephew is born end of January!

Congratulations and celebrations!!! Enjoy Australia and will be good to hear from you now and again - where will you be settling? Best wishes Linda
Old Nov 12th 2006, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

deci will become famous soon enoughdeci will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by AVERINA
Hi Jane

Have you any news yet on a case officer? we lodged 16 January and still no news about anything not even a case officer, does anyone else have any latest update??

Averina
Hi Averina,
I have just looked at the Queue Date Calculator and the first date it comes up with is 18 Jan 2006 which comes up with 20 people in front for 143 type, so maybe you are now being looked at . We are 10 Feb 2006 also with 20 in front, hope this is a good sign or am I just reading too much into it.
Best wishes
Linda
Old Nov 12th 2006, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
Tabby, Thanks for your reply..sorry for delay - I lost this thread and had other things to deal with in preparation for our departure to Sydney 5/11/06 -staying for three months.....

Really pleased your mum and dad can be with you at Christmas.
One thing you did not mention was how the CP visa is "vaildated".
An agent told us that we have to be out of OZ and we would need to go to New Zealand - back into Oz to validate. Is this what you intend to happen?
Is it possible for you to tell us who your agent is - we have had much conflicting information. If its in conflict with the forum rules can you email?

I like many others would appreciate any updates as you go along.

best wishes to all

Arthur & Karen
Manchester
Hi - Yes, Mum and Dad will be travelling to NZ when their visa is granted in order to validate.

Also - Mum and Dad did not use agents. As Derek points out you have to most of the work yourselves anyway, and it really is more of a form filling exercise than anything. There is nothing in the forms which requires the use of an agent in our opinion.

Looking at the current comments, Mum and Dad should be getting their CO in the next few weeks. We have already contacted PO to check their meds arrived and we have been told they have passed these.

HTH
Tracy
Old Nov 13th 2006, 4:23 am
Just Joined

pinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant future

Hi everyone well we have finally arrived in Sydney we had a good flight with Singapore airlines and they were great as you know we didnt have our visa so we didnt have the extra baggage allowance but we explained the situation to them we had 60kilo and would of paid if we had to but they didnt charge us for the extra weight,we were here for 3 days when we got the call from our agent to say they wanted the final payment which we will pay tomorrow but we have the wedding in 2 weeks so we will go to New Zealand the 1st week of December to get the visa issued everything is a bit hectic at the moment my mum and son arrived from England last night they have all gone off to watch England play cricket this afternoon then back for a family barbecue tonight looking forward to that.
regards to you all
Janet
Well done Janet you are nearly there hope the wedding goes ok!!!!
I'am enjoying myself why I'am waiting for my vita!!!! Been in Brisbane for about 4 weeks, now down in the outback aplace clled Narrabi for afew weeks then back to Brisbane to get ready for Christmas.
Its so good being with our family hopefully we will get our visa, ready to stat our reitirment. Pauline
Old Nov 13th 2006, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pinkme
Well done Janet you are nearly there hope the wedding goes ok!!!!
I'am enjoying myself why I'am waiting for my vita!!!! Been in Brisbane for about 4 weeks, now down in the outback aplace clled Narrabi for afew weeks then back to Brisbane to get ready for Christmas.
Its so good being with our family hopefully we will get our visa, ready to stat our reitirment. Pauline
Hi Pauline glad to hear your settling in okay we are really looking forward to the wedding it will be in tareee where my sons fiance has a farm,we are going up there this weekend we will look at houses to rent in the nelson bay area when we go up there we are still not sure where we will settle but we will have a good look round before we decide.
Janet
Old Nov 13th 2006, 8:53 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pauline glad to hear your settling in okay we are really looking forward to the wedding it will be in tareee where my sons fiance has a farm,we are going up there this weekend we will look at houses to rent in the nelson bay area when we go up there we are still not sure where we will settle but we will have a good look round before we decide.
Janet

oohh janet, thats near me. if i can help, let me know.

i have been following your posts as hoping mum/dad can come out on a CPV soon.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 8:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by budababes
Hi Janet, glad you have finally arrived in Oz! Relief all round I suspect and what a hectic time you are having!!! I am sure that it is all worth it though.

We have booked our flights with Singapore Airlines, leaving LHR 10th January and arriving 12th - cant wait!!! Our house completes on 4th December so we are then travelling up country to Essex and Norfolk to start the round of farewells - crate of tissues on board! We feel strangely calm about it all though - the worst will be leaving our daughter behind but keeping fingers crfossed that she will be enticed over once we have all settled and when her neice/nephew is born end of January!

Congratulations and celebrations!!! Enjoy Australia and will be good to hear from you now and again - where will you be settling? Best wishes Linda
Hi Linda I dont envy you your goodbyes mine were very upsetting my dad is not in the best of health and my sisters were very emotional I felt like I was crying for weeks but we are set up with MSN so we have been talking every day just have to work out the time difference good look with your flight hope everything goes well for you
regards Janet
Old Nov 13th 2006, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty

Thanks for that we are going to have a good look round before we make the decision on where to stay
regards Janet
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Perthforme
How do !
Hello there I bet you are well settled in by now hope you and the family are well best wishes
Janet
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty

HI again have been looking on the net and seen a house in raymond terrace any idea what the place is like to live
Janet
Old Nov 13th 2006, 9:34 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

HI again have been looking on the net and seen a house in raymond terrace any idea what the place is like to live
Janet
we are about 15 minutes from raymond terrrace. it is in a really good place logistically, but depends on which side whether it is okay or not. have you got an address, so i can check it out. hubbie works with people who live there, so would be able to assist better if we knew which part of raymond terrace. i do most of my shopping there. it is about 40minutes from birubi beach/one mile beach area.

pm me if you need more info.
xx
Old Nov 13th 2006, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Janet
Hi Janet - looks as though we are looking in similar areas!!! Have also looked at some interesting houses in Raymond Terrace area on the net. Our son and his wife live in Charlestown and they are trying to persuade us to live near to them but we feel it would be wiser to live within an hour's drive of them in any direction - to give them space and to encourage us to make our own circle of friends and acquaintances! We have been through Raymond Terrace but only to shop as we were/are looking at maybe settling in Dungog/Stroud or are considering Bulahdelah area but like you we intend to have a good look round before committing ourselves. Are you going to rent before you buy or just go ahead and buy? Will be interested in your comments re your search for your new home. Who knows we might become neighbours!!! Not long now to that magical wedding!!!! All those long months of waiting are nearly over! Have fun and keep in touch! Best wishes Linda
Old Nov 13th 2006, 8:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Originally Posted by AVERINA
Hi Jane

Averina

Hi Averina,

My sister called today to say that my parents have been allocated a CO and their file is with the '2nd officer' for checking...... what ever that is all about!!! She was told to phone back tomorrow for an update :scared: . So fingers cross (and everything else crossed) we'll know tomorrow and get the 2nd VAC paid......

I'll keep you guys informed of progress.

Cheers
Jane

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.