Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Oct 23rd 2006, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi everyone
just a thought how as everyone had their contact. As it been by snail mail or email? just wondered because our daughters was done by email so i am looking at the post as well as email each day!!! the request for our medicals is our next step as most of you already know, this as i say was done by email for our daughters visa so wondered if the same would be on this visa.
regards everyone
lorraine
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

[QUOTE=budababes]
21.10.06 Flights booked with Singapore Airlines - to inc 40 kg luggage allowance for 10.01.07 - OZ HERE WE COME!!!!
QUOTE]

All the best Linda & Keith.

If you don't mind me asking, how much were you for your flights? and was that from LHR to Melbourne / Sydney ?

Cheers
Jane
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 12:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Originally Posted by lorraine111
hi everyone
just a thought how as everyone had their contact. As it been by snail mail or email? just wondered because our daughters was done by email so i am looking at the post as well as email each day!!! the request for our medicals is our next step as most of you already know, this as i say was done by email for our daughters visa so wondered if the same would be on this visa.
regards everyone
lorraine

Any contact that we've had has been via snail mail..............
Old Oct 24th 2006, 8:58 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=tabby]Hi AVERINA,

Their visa was granted a couple of weeks ago and they are now here!!
When it is time for the Parent visa to be granted they will take a trip to NZ and get their passport sorted there.
QUOTE]

HI,
Going through the posts for info I spotted yours.
We have pondered this option to ease the waiting time....snag is that timing seems to be the key.

Getting a 12 month tourist visa is not a problem and we were told once by an agent that we could "nip over to NZ" to finalise the CP visa.
With CP visa application to grant now it seems in excess of 12 months, we wondered if you allowed for this and if so by how many months.

We wanted to sell up - timing house sale as best we could to finalise about 2 months after we submit CP visa application - apply for 12 month visa to start about the same time and then go to OZ - wait for grant and "nip over to NZ".

This sounds fairly simple but -- there seems to be a few pitfalls.
If you or others have experince and advice ..we will be grateful.
Old Oct 24th 2006, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

[QUOTE=Auzziebound]
Originally Posted by budababes

21.10.06 Flights booked with Singapore Airlines - to inc 40 kg luggage allowance for 10.01.07 - OZ HERE WE COME!!!!
QUOTE]

All the best Linda & Keith.

If you don't mind me asking, how much were you for your flights? and was that from LHR to Melbourne / Sydney ?

Cheers
Jane
Hi Jane, we have paid £575 for our flights with Trailfinders includes taxes and 40 kg extra baggage allowance (we hope) had to fax evidence of our visas for this and awaiting confirmation of the baggage allowance. We intend to contact them tomorrow to check this out as don't want to be left in the lurch at check-in when we fly in January. A friend of ours did manage to find a good fare with Gulf Air at £450 (or thereabouts) but told us after we had gone ahead and booked with Singapore Airlines, who do have a very good reputation - so we are just happy to have the flights booked and done with! Flying from LHR to Sydney! Can't wait!!! Linda
Old Oct 24th 2006, 5:59 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi everyone
regards everyone
lorraine
Hi Lorraine, we had ALL of our correspondence with POPC via snail mail - it all worked very smoothly and any delays were our own whilst making appointments for meds and our son making his appointment with Centrelink. All seems to go forward very quickly once you have received the request for medicals - ours was about 9 months from lodgement - so it looks as though you will be hearing something soon now!! Be patient it all comes right in the end - believe me! Easy I know when you have your visa and I know how you must be feeling during the long wait........ keep smiling! Regards Linda
Old Oct 24th 2006, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Hi Vinny van Gogh,

MUm and Dad's CP visa Application was acknowledged on 14/02/06. They were desparate to be here for Xmas and had people who wanted their house in October. So we applied for the 12 month ETA in August and it was granted in September. They sold the house and packed up their stuff and had it sent over here. They arrived here early October and can stay until sept 2007, which is 6 months after we are expecting their CP to be granted.

You do need to keep in mind that this is a capped Visa, so I personally say that you should wait it out for longer than 2 months, as that would assume you will have the Visa within 14 months. They are saying between 12-15 months for the grant, so I would wait between 4-5 months before applying for the tourist visa. As you say, timing for this is pretty crucial!!

One other thing about this is that they had to have medicals done for the 12 month ETA. Timings worked out good, as they had one medical and x-ray and drs filled in two forms and printed two copies of the xrays. One for the CP visa and one for the ETA visa. Cost an extra 15GBP instead of the full cost of two sets of meds. Other than that they had to provide copies of bank statements to prove they could support themselves for a year.

Hope this helps!

Martin and Tracy

Last edited by tabby; Oct 24th 2006 at 9:09 pm. Reason: Added more info!
Old Oct 25th 2006, 7:46 am
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough

hi linda
thanks for that info just wondered at least i can stop checking the pc all the time now. ha ha.
another question for you please, how did you pay your payment for your vac payment. can we just send the monies via cheque or is there a special way to send it. i have tried doing a search but been looking for an hour and got soooo sidetracked thought i had better ask the question and go get some work done!
thanks in advance
lorraine
Old Oct 25th 2006, 12:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=budababes]
Originally Posted by Auzziebound

Hi Jane, we have paid £575 for our flights with Trailfinders includes taxes and 40 kg extra baggage allowance (we hope) had to fax evidence of our visas for this and awaiting confirmation of the baggage allowance. We intend to contact them tomorrow to check this out as don't want to be left in the lurch at check-in when we fly in January. A friend of ours did manage to find a good fare with Gulf Air at £450 (or thereabouts) but told us after we had gone ahead and booked with Singapore Airlines, who do have a very good reputation - so we are just happy to have the flights booked and done with! Flying from LHR to Sydney! Can't wait!!! Linda

Thanks Linda, I'll check out Trailfinders we're going around the 20th Feb to Melbourne and reckon the prices come down a little around the 16th Feb........

Jane
Old Oct 25th 2006, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Auzziebound]
Originally Posted by budababes

Thanks Linda, I'll check out Trailfinders we're going around the 20th Feb to Melbourne and reckon the prices come down a little around the 16th Feb........

Jane
Hi everyone well we thought we were well organised,before we went to Yorkshire to say our goodbyes we filled the form out to have our mail redirected from the 1st Nov we rang the travel agents to ask if our tickets were ready, we fly on Tuesday and they said they had sent them we got on to royal mail and they had started to redirect our mail the day they received the form so our tickets will be in OZ before us things can only get better hopefully.
Janet
Old Oct 25th 2006, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=FRAYNE]
Originally Posted by Auzziebound
Hi everyone well we thought we were well organised,before we went to Yorkshire to say our goodbyes we filled the form out to have our mail redirected from the 1st Nov we rang the travel agents to ask if our tickets were ready, we fly on Tuesday and they said they had sent them we got on to royal mail and they had started to redirect our mail the day they received the form so our tickets will be in OZ before us things can only get better hopefully.
Janet

OMG Janet :scared: can't the company have replacement tickets waiting for you at the airport? It will all work out... have a drink then some more
Old Oct 26th 2006, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

hi janet
you poor thing i am sure they will sort it for you but you really do not need this at this late stage. still, look on the positive side and it will be something to look back on and laugh about.
regards
lorraine
Old Oct 26th 2006, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

hi janet
you poor thing i am sure they will sort it for you but you really do not need this at this late stage. still, look on the positive side and it will be something to look back on and laugh about.
regards
lorraine
Hi everyone well I think were sorted went into OZ travel and they got a email copy of the tickets probably get to the airport and they won't accept them ,roll on Tuesday sleeping on the floor is getting a bit to uncomfortable.
regards Janet
Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

hi linda
thanks for that info just wondered at least i can stop checking the pc all the time now. ha ha.
another question for you please, how did you pay your payment for your vac payment. can we just send the monies via cheque or is there a special way to send it. i have tried doing a search but been looking for an hour and got soooo sidetracked thought i had better ask the question and go get some work done!
thanks in advance
lorraine
Hi Lorraine - it already seems ages since we sent that 2nd VAC but is only a few weeks!!! We sent it by bank draft - had to go into our local Barclays Bank to get form filled for bank draft which was sent to us within 3 days of request - made out as instructed in the pre grant letter which was sent from POPC - posted it to POPC on 7th Oct and visa granted 12th Oct (letter received by us by snail mail 17th Oct. Oh by the way we sent the bank draft via international signed for! It does all fall into place - just have to be patient which is not easy I know when you have to wait so long but rest assured that once things start to happen it all happens in a rush - so I suggest that you get all the little things done - sorting and packing what you can - getting rid of unwanted items etc... the list is endless eh? Not long now though!!!! Regards Linda
Old Oct 30th 2006, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

hi everyone,
just thought i would let you all know how my plans are going. some of us have been on this link now since it began and i thought maybe this might make you feel that you are glad this isn't happening to you. ha ha.
we put the house up for sale after the visit we had from son, daughter in law and new granddaughter from oz. this was at the end of july. had a very heartbreaking goodbye to our daughter and two grandchildren in august who have gone on ahead of us now. ( i didn't write about this at the time as i didn't want to get all sloppy and emotional). so hubby and i think right time to get as much done as we can whilst we wait for the request for the meds.
we roam about the empty house like zombies for weeks and achieve nothing!! it seems a very quiet house now, we had them living with us you see so it went from being full to two of us. well, we had a couple of time wasters looking at the house and one joker even offered us 15,000 less than the asking price! then last week we received an odd amateur letter saying check our deeds! so it set me on the road to doing just that. the long and the short of it is that between a solicitor we used 4 years ago when we were thinking of moving and changed our minds, and our building society they have lost our deeds! well i thought not to bad to find out now is better than later it gives them time to sort it all out. on thursday along comes a viewer for the house and puts in a firm offer! we have accepted it and now the fun begins. what a week hey? we are over the moon about the prospective buyers but also worried about the problem with the deeds we know it is something that can be sorted out but will delay things for the buyer.
the one thing that this as done is make me think about something else all week instead of just waiting for news from immigration so that is good isn't it? ha ha.
so chin up to all of you out there in this queue
regards
lorraine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.