Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Oct 12th 2006, 10:24 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Hi All

Phoned the POPC today as I had a spare few mins to ask about mum's (pinkme) visa and they told me they are upto 21st dec 2005 applications .....I also asked what would happen if the they did not get to our application before our med's run out and they said they could extend the PCC's another 6 months and the med's another 9 months if they 'found the need'......

Hope this helps anyone who applied begining of Jan 05 , see you soon
Old Oct 12th 2006, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tabby
Hi All

Phoned the POPC today as I had a spare few mins to ask about mum's (pinkme) visa and they told me they are upto 21st dec 2005 applications .....I also asked what would happen if the they did not get to our application before our med's run out and they said they could extend the PCC's another 6 months and the med's another 9 months if they 'found the need'......

Well we were keeping a close eye on the mail box, it will be even closer now! Think I will camp down there!!!!!!!!! Thanks for that Tabby, I had in fact emailed Dimia this morning asking the question, no reply yet.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

My sister phoned POPC the other day re my parents 173 visa which was lodged at the end of February. It was indicated to her that a CO should be allocated some time in November............roll on November.

Jane
Old Oct 12th 2006, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Hi All

Thanks Tabby that is great news. My mum and dad applied in December but because of Christmas their application wasn't acknowledged until the start of January. They will be pleased when I let them know.
Old Oct 12th 2006, 6:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deci
Hi Janet, The other Linda here,

I cannot believe you are on the move, it seems to have not been that long ago that you were out buying your outfit for your sons wedding. Enjoy your last week and I hope your move is safe and the wedding is glorious. You must be so excited now. I have been closely watching this thread waiting for Derek to have some news as we are about 6 weeks behind him, our time will come soon I hope.
Take good care and enjoy your new life in Oz.

Best wishes
Linda and John
Hi everyone well the container is on its merry way we used whites and they were great, they worked there socks of never stopped the whole time they were here just kept them supplied with tea coffee and plates of sandwiches, we had a 20ft container cost £3,200.
I have been researching my family tree for a couple of years and I was waiting for a phone call from Bradford council with information about where my ggrandparents were buried sods law they phoned today and wanted more information and you've guessed it ,it was in one of the first boxes that was packed and the packers were great they knew exactly the box it was in and opened it for me I was so pleased so was hubby as he doesn't have to spend a day searching a cemetery with 15,ooo graves we have the exact location so I will be saying goodbye to more than my living relatives,still doesn't seem real having a family party in Yorkshire on Saturday so will probably be a bit emotional then.
regards Janet
Old Oct 12th 2006, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

AVERINA is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Tabby

Did you mean those who applied at the beginning of Jan 06
( not Jan 05 )

We lodged January 06 so we shouldn't be that much longer hopefully, does it go from the actual date you lodged or the date it was acknowledged? The update really does keep us going.

Thanks again
Averina

Hope this helps anyone who applied begining of Jan 05 , see you soon [/QUOTE]
Old Oct 12th 2006, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AVERINA
Thanks Tabby

Did you mean those who applied at the beginning of Jan 06
( not Jan 05 )

We lodged January 06 so we shouldn't be that much longer hopefully, does it go from the actual date you lodged or the date it was acknowledged? The update really does keep us going.

Thanks again
Averina

[/QUOTE]

Ooopppsss.....sorry yeah I ment Jan 2006
Old Oct 13th 2006, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi everyone well the container is on its merry way we used whites and they were great, they worked there socks of never stopped the whole time they were here just kept them supplied with tea coffee and plates of sandwiches, we had a 20ft container cost £3,200.
I have been researching my family tree for a couple of years and I was waiting for a phone call from Bradford council with information about where my ggrandparents were buried sods law they phoned today and wanted more information and you've guessed it ,it was in one of the first boxes that was packed and the packers were great they knew exactly the box it was in and opened it for me I was so pleased so was hubby as he doesn't have to spend a day searching a cemetery with 15,ooo graves we have the exact location so I will be saying goodbye to more than my living relatives,still doesn't seem real having a family party in Yorkshire on Saturday so will probably be a bit emotional then.
regards Janet

Hope you enjoy your party Janet and that the goodbye's aren't too tearful. Best wishes for your new life.

Cheers
Jane
Old Oct 14th 2006, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi janet who would have thought when we first started this thread how much we all would have felt we had got to know each other? so glad it is all coming together for you now. have a great time at your party and good luck for the future. look forward to your posts the other side!
lorraine
Old Oct 16th 2006, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough

hi
well i have finally given in and contacted popc about a case officer. i tried phoning but no luck at all there so i have emailed. I am also a little concerned as i have entered the date that they gave me on our letter when our visa was lodged into the queue system to see what it says and it says that no visas were lodged for the 173 category on that date!!!! so i tried several other dates before and after and still nothing. I just hope that we have not got lost in the system somehow and this last 7 months of waiting as been in vain it would be too awful to consider wouldn't it? No i must be positive and i will know when they email me back that at least they will be aware of us then won't they?
I am not having a very successful morning and it is still early! we are hoping to take my hubbys motorbike with us when we go but because we are going on the temporary visa and not the permanent one it looks like it is not possible to do it the easy way in our container. so i have been trying to phone up the relevant people this morning to find out if we could give it to our son and take it with us that way but no one answering the phones today! you know how it is everyone, you toss and turn and think just make the phone calls and put your mind at rest! well i finally gave in this morning at 5-30 and got up to make the phone calls and couldn't get anyone to pick up the phone the other end!!! ha ha well, the joys of technology i have fired off two emails and thought i would finish off with a post on here to show you that someone else is probably having as bad a day as you!
hang in there everyone it will be worth it when we all reach the other side.
lorraine
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lorraine111
hi
well i have finally given in and contacted popc about a case officer. i tried phoning but no luck at all there so i have emailed. I am also a little concerned as i have entered the date that they gave me on our letter when our visa was lodged into the queue system to see what it says and it says that no visas were lodged for the 173 category on that date!!!! so i tried several other dates before and after and still nothing. I just hope that we have not got lost in the system somehow and this last 7 months of waiting as been in vain it would be too awful to consider wouldn't it? No i must be positive and i will know when they email me back that at least they will be aware of us then won't they?
I am not having a very successful morning and it is still early! we are hoping to take my hubbys motorbike with us when we go but because we are going on the temporary visa and not the permanent one it looks like it is not possible to do it the easy way in our container. so i have been trying to phone up the relevant people this morning to find out if we could give it to our son and take it with us that way but no one answering the phones today! you know how it is everyone, you toss and turn and think just make the phone calls and put your mind at rest! well i finally gave in this morning at 5-30 and got up to make the phone calls and couldn't get anyone to pick up the phone the other end!!! ha ha well, the joys of technology i have fired off two emails and thought i would finish off with a post on here to show you that someone else is probably having as bad a day as you!
hang in there everyone it will be worth it when we all reach the other side.
lorraine
Don't worry about the queue date thing as i think you will find this is used when the capping for the year is reached and they still process people and then give them a queue date then , regrds the motorbike can't you pick it up from the place were your items are stored as they have to unload you shipment into storage , I presume you are storing in OZ rather than UK as it is cheaper....Hope this helps

Martin
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Don't worry about the queue date thing as i think you will find this is used when the capping for the year is reached and they still process people and then give them a queue date then , regrds the motorbike can't you pick it up from the place were your items are stored as they have to unload you shipment into storage , I presume you are storing in OZ rather than UK as it is cheaper....Hope this helps

Martin
Everyone is becoming frustrated and I emailed the parents site several times last week and after 24 hours my emails were returned address not found? So I delved around the DIMIA site and found a contact for general queries and emailed them. This morning much to my surprise I had a reply from the parents site to one of my returned emails?? saying that it had been passed onto my Case Officer who would contact me if they required more info. So I appear to have a Case Officer unknown to me as yet. Quite what is going on with the email system is puzzling, but anyway the important thing is I got a response and will now wait to see what happens. Bit more waiting sigh sigh.
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DerekM
Everyone is becoming frustrated and I emailed the parents site several times last week and after 24 hours my emails were returned address not found? So I delved around the DIMIA site and found a contact for general queries and emailed them. This morning much to my surprise I had a reply from the parents site to one of my returned emails?? saying that it had been passed onto my Case Officer who would contact me if they required more info. So I appear to have a Case Officer unknown to me as yet. Quite what is going on with the email system is puzzling, but anyway the important thing is I got a response and will now wait to see what happens. Bit more waiting sigh sigh.
We had this sort of thing happen before , they seem to send a generic email out to people all the time we have always found that phoning is better although you always wait for ages before you get to speak to anyone..

What date did you apply ???

Martin
Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

We had this sort of thing happen before , they seem to send a generic email out to people all the time we have always found that phoning is better although you always wait for ages before you get to speak to anyone..

What date did you apply ???

Martin
Lodged 19th Dec 2005. The email response had a name so I did not think it was generic and also the way it was worded sounded er normal!
Old Oct 16th 2006, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

hi martin
the problem we are having with the motorbike is that we are going on the temporary visa first so we cannot import a bike to oz being a non permanant visa holder! although, our son is a permanant resident so we are hoping we could gift it to him and ship it out with our belongings when the time comes. not sure if they will go with this though. i have emailed and asked the question so will just sit tight and wait and see what happens.
thanks for your replies everyone it is great to get any sort of feedback as you all know.
lorraine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.