Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Aug 10th 2006, 5:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by tabby
I spoke to the DIMIA yesterday as we are looking into this for mum and dad and they told me that I have to inform our CO or POPC in writing so that our file gets sent to the New Zealand embassy , also you need to inform them that you have a change of address that you will have a tourist visa for Aus also and then they will inform you when they are going to grant so that you can leave Aus so they can grant it. It does say in booklet 3 that you must use form 1022 to inform of any changes.Maybe you should consider phoning POPC and asking or DIMIA in Aus !!

Although this may seem like a hassel to do it is better to be on the safe side for the sake of a phone call !

Hope this helps

Martin
HI everyone well at long last things are moving our agent rang to say we have got our CO really glad we had our meds done now as that will save us a couple of weeks still doesn't mean we will get our visa before we go but I feel a whole lot better now.
we also spoke to one removal company today and they said we shouldn't have to pay import duty on a tourist visa unless everything was under 12 months old but will make a few more enquiries about that,I am now going to have a large glass of vino
Janet
Old Aug 10th 2006, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
HI everyone well at long last things are moving our agent rang to say we have got our CO really glad we had our meds done now as that will save us a couple of weeks still doesn't mean we will get our visa before we go but I feel a whole lot better now.
we also spoke to one removal company today and they said we shouldn't have to pay import duty on a tourist visa unless everything was under 12 months old but will make a few more enquiries about that,I am now going to have a large glass of vino
Janet
Good news Janet, what was the timescale - 10 months? Re the furniture, the quote I gave you was from Oz customs!
Regards
Derek
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Janet
Hi Janet, glad things are moving for you now - you never know, you just might get your visa before you go!! We had our meds today - all o.k. except for my BP which was a bit high - panel doctor was really nice and said that he was not concerned considering all the circumstances etc. I had also had a summary printout from my GP done to take along with me which shows that I had bp checked at surgery few weeks ago and it was normal - so he said it was probably "white coat syndrome"! I think he was right - I just couldn't relax enough for the reading to come down ugh....... hope this doesn't cause us any delays - just want to get on with the whole thing now and get going!!! He said that he would be sending forms etc off within the next two weeks so hopefully we should hear something within the month. How long was it before you heard that your meds were o.k.? Regards Linda
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DerekM
Good news Janet, what was the timescale - 10 months? Re the furniture, the quote I gave you was from Oz customs!
Regards
Derek
Hi Derek timescale 9 month's my hubby another Derek says it feels like years
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by budababes
Hi Janet, glad things are moving for you now - you never know, you just might get your visa before you go!! We had our meds today - all o.k. except for my BP which was a bit high - panel doctor was really nice and said that he was not concerned considering all the circumstances etc. I had also had a summary printout from my GP done to take along with me which shows that I had bp checked at surgery few weeks ago and it was normal - so he said it was probably "white coat syndrome"! I think he was right - I just couldn't relax enough for the reading to come down ugh....... hope this doesn't cause us any delays - just want to get on with the whole thing now and get going!!! He said that he would be sending forms etc off within the next two weeks so hopefully we should hear something within the month. How long was it before you heard that your meds were o.k.? Regards Linda
Hi Linda we haven't heard from the doctors so hoping everything is okay he said we would hear within two weeks if anything was wrong I was surprised how relaxed I was at the medical we both went in together and the doctor was great he was Australian and was really interested in our plans for the future I'm just glad to hear from them our agent did email them to ask how our case was going and they said we were nearly at the top of the list and within a few days we had our case officer good luck with your medicals
Janet
Old Aug 10th 2006, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Derek timescale 9 month's my hubby another Derek says it feels like years
Bl--dy h-ll, 9 months and I thought we had a bit a time to spare. Gotta get a move on with the outstanding bits and pieces pronto!!!!!!!!!!
Derek
Old Aug 10th 2006, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Janet
Well done!!!

If you don't hear in a couple of weeks for AoS I would be really suprised !

What month did you apply ???
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi everyone
i had a bit of problem with my pc so couldn't keep up with all of you properly for awhile there. posted a thread using a really old username as well just to confuse you all. ha ha. as i couldn't get to my normal details. anyway, great stuff janet and it looks like not to long a wait now for you as well linda. it gives us others hope in this queue. it is great that we are managing to keep this thread going and i really enjoy reading what is happening with everyone.
life as got back to normal since the visit from my son and his family and i will now be checking everyday i guess like before. ha ha.
regards to you all
lorraine
Old Aug 11th 2006, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tabby
Well done!!!

If you don't hear in a couple of weeks for AoS I would be really suprised !

What month did you apply ???
Hi Martin we got our case number on the 2nd of November ,just out of curiosity are you Pauline's son in law.
Janet
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

AVERINA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Martin we got our case number on the 2nd of November ,just out of curiosity are you Pauline's son in law.
Janet
Hello Janet
I read your letter with great interest and I am very happy for you, when did you actually lodge your application? Is this the first contact you have had re your application, I assume you front loaded your police checks and medicals.
We lodged in January 2006 and did our police checks in June, I asked our agent if we could frontload the medicals but he said the forms come direct from POPC with our photo's embellished onto them so wouldn't be able to have medicals done using forms from him ( I find this a bit strange ) do you think things are moving a bit faster now?
Thank you
Averina
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AVERINA
Hello Janet
I read your letter with great interest and I am very happy for you, when did you actually lodge your application? Is this the first contact you have had re your application, I assume you front loaded your police checks and medicals.
We lodged in January 2006 and did our police checks in June, I asked our agent if we could frontload the medicals but he said the forms come direct from POPC with our photo's embellished onto them so wouldn't be able to have medicals done using forms from him ( I find this a bit strange ) do you think things are moving a bit faster now?
Thank you
Averina
Hello Averina
Thats completely new, medicals with photos embellished! I downloaded my forms, had the medicals complete with 2 photos and frontloaded last June and received an acknowledgement even though no case officer has been appointed yet.
Things do seem to have speeded up a bit by approx one month it seems. Hope others will advise about the medical forms.
Derek
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello Janet
Thank you
Averina
Hello Averina we got our case number on the 2nd of November and because we are on a tight schedule my son gets married in November we didnt want to go to OZ and have to come back if we didnt have the visa so we went ahead and had the police checks and medicals we did speak to our agent and he said as we had waited 9 months it was worth going for it, we still might not get the visa before we go our flights are booked for 31 October but we decided we would go for it and go to new Zealand to validate the visa if we had to.
where are you hoping to settle when you get to OZ have you got family out there good luck best wishes Janet
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Janet
Sure am !
Old Aug 11th 2006, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hello Janet
Thank you
Averina
I think your agent is misinforming you we frontloaded our skilled visa last year and I know people are still doing it know as far as I am aware and never heard of photo embellished meds , what we did and what we are doing for my in-laws is download the med forms from the DIMIA website and doing the meds if/when you do this just ensure that you put the number from your letter you received from POPC in the ref box on the med form (this may be in the 'for office use only part') .

We ourselves used an agent as we were very near the age of losing another 5 points and we had to do a ACS skills easement which our agent was great at helping with , if we were to do it all over again I would not use 1 , with the parent visa I have heard lots of story's of you don't need to do this and that usually these are things that would involve the agent having to make phone calls or write letters and IMO they do not want to more than than the bare minimum possible , I have seen instances were they are telling parents they can just go to Aus on a 3 month tourist visa and that they don't have to tell anyone when it clearly states in booklet 3 you must inform POPC using form 1022 of any change of address and if you are not in the country you applied from or are in Aus at the time the visa may be granted otherwise they have the right to refuse although they may not stick to this word for word would anyone want too risk this ??? I have also heard agents saying you can come here on the tourist visa and JUST fly to New Zealand and pick up your visa and fly back , what they omit to tell you or do is write a letter to the DIMIA or use form 1022 telling them that you would like to change you nominated country to say NZ to receive your visa sticker they will then arrange for your file to be sent to NZ instead of UK (or your home country) I have even heard that agents have said oh! they just stamp the visa in your passport on the way into Aus as long as you go overseas say NZ , it's not that simple as you need to get a visa stuck in your passport at the embassy of nominated country.

My advice to everyone is always check the facts for yourself i have phone the DIMIA several times as well as POPC regarding my in-laws application as we are trying to get them year tourist visa so they can be with their children and grandchildren for Xmas, they are very helpful and will give you the facts ant tell you what to do, remember this may be the only chance for a lot of you to come to Aus and for the sake of a few emails/phone calls or letters it is worth it.

Can I please stress that all of the above is my opinion and not all agents are like this as with anything don't take my word as gospel check out things for yourself I just want to point you in the right direction.

Rant over .....

AVERINA I believe front loading will save you around 1 month in time just remember you only have 12 months (if cat a on meds) from date of meds or PCC in which to enter Aus so if you are planning to be there by then go for it, if you need anymore info just shout
Old Aug 12th 2006, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi tabby
thanks for all that info i know it is only your opinion as you state but it makes sense to me to be very sure of any facts before putting this precious visa in jeapordy.
we are only 4 and a half months into this waiting game so have awhile yet to decide if to frontload etc but always good to hear what is happening with you all
lorraine

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.