Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Aug 28th 2006, 12:18 pm
vonmik

vonmik is a jewel in the roughvonmik is a jewel in the roughvonmik is a jewel in the roughvonmik is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by AVERINA
Hi Vonmik
As far as I know your Daughter can put you both on their application so that means you can all go together, your best way forward would be to get in touch with an immigration agency for better advice if they are not already using an agent, we regret not doing that, so now have had to wait for our Daughter to be there for the " 2 year settled benchmark " but if you choose to go after them you could start the process after they have been there say 1 year and by the time your application goes through they will then have been there the 2 years. Unfortunately the cost increases every July, as of this July it went up to $29300.00 each plus $14000.00 bond per couple which equates to £30250.00 per couple (not cheap) that's why I can't understand why the DIMA keep us all waiting for so long as you would think they would be glad of the money.
Regards
Hi Averina
Pleased to hear from you and we will investigate the possibility of being included on their application. They are in Brisbane at the moment visiting friends and checking out various areas for house purchase or possible renting at first. They hope to move out to Australia next September. The cost is high as you say but I suppose they must cover health costs as we have not paid into their system so this is understandable - pity our government don't learn from them. Will let you know how we get on.
Regards.
Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

carol haycock is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by vonmik
Hi Averina
Pleased to hear from you and we will investigate the possibility of being included on their application. They are in Brisbane at the moment visiting friends and checking out various areas for house purchase or possible renting at first. They hope to move out to Australia next September. The cost is high as you say but I suppose they must cover health costs as we have not paid into their system so this is understandable - pity our government don't learn from them. Will let you know how we get on.
Regards.
Hello everyone,
August 29th here, 11 months 8 days after 21 Sept 05 lodgement for CPV 143 and I have received the request for the 2nd VAC and pre-grant advice letter today. AT LONG LAST!!!!!!
Following settlement of the Centrelink interview and assurer bond paid, its taken almost 5 weeks to request 2nd VAC, I have found this wait to be unnecessarily long and stressful, POPC have to wait until Centrelink confirms the AOS in writing to them. As you all know I frontloaded our medicals done 19 May and PCC's returned dated 23 May, on June 24 received Andys health assessment letter, July 4 received communication from CO requesting AOS and final docs etc. Don't know why but they have quoted 16 Dec 06 as our initial entry date so we have actually been given 7 months from our medical, perhaps it is worked out from POPC's receipt of the medical, anyway Tabby was correct in saying we have been given 6 months validation time because of the assessment. Anyway, hope this helps you all with timelines, you are given 28 days to pay the 2nd VAC and return change of circumstance form if required, we have until 20 Sept to inform them of embassy for passport visa.
Cheers to all,
Regards
Carol
Keep smiling
Old Aug 29th 2006, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Nico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura aboutNico has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by carol haycock
Hello everyone,
August 29th here, 11 months 8 days after 21 Sept 05 lodgement for CPV 143 and I have received the request for the 2nd VAC and pre-grant advice letter today. AT LONG LAST!!!!!!
Following settlement of the Centrelink interview and assurer bond paid, its taken almost 5 weeks to request 2nd VAC, I have found this wait to be unnecessarily long and stressful, POPC have to wait until Centrelink confirms the AOS in writing to them. As you all know I frontloaded our medicals done 19 May and PCC's returned dated 23 May, on June 24 received Andys health assessment letter, July 4 received communication from CO requesting AOS and final docs etc. Don't know why but they have quoted 16 Dec 06 as our initial entry date so we have actually been given 7 months from our medical, perhaps it is worked out from POPC's receipt of the medical, anyway Tabby was correct in saying we have been given 6 months validation time because of the assessment. Anyway, hope this helps you all with timelines, you are given 28 days to pay the 2nd VAC and return change of circumstance form if required, we have until 20 Sept to inform them of embassy for passport visa.
Cheers to all,
Regards
Carol
Keep smiling
Excellent news, Carol, no matter how long it's taken it's still a result! Hope you are feeling that the end is now in sight and you have retained your sanity. Very pleased for you.

All the best
Nico
Old Aug 29th 2006, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,
Cheers to all,
Regards
Carol
Keep smiling
Very good news Carol and the timeline is very very informative. Thank you very much for that. Hope all the rest of the journey goes well for you and your family, must be getting quite excited now its so close!
Wonder why they have said 16 Dec 06 as the initial entry date? As you could easily have settled up the finances by the end of September? Does that mean you cant enter before then?
Anyway best regards and cheers they dont have one for champagne!
Derek
Old Aug 29th 2006, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Hello everyone,
Cheers to all,
Regards
Carol
Keep smiling
Congratulations and all the very best to you and yours with your new life down under. Get the champers out.....

Jane
Old Aug 29th 2006, 5:12 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

CONGRATULATIONS...................................
It's nice to see some movement on here. Our agent has said Mum and Dad should get the request for their second VAC by the end of the week. Hope so cos they are driving me round the bloody twist

Loz x
Old Aug 29th 2006, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

congratulations. that is fantastic it is such good news to hear that something is moving for someone.
lorraine
Old Aug 29th 2006, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

just thought, any news on the medical forms? can we still frontload or are they indeed a different form now with our photos on them? just wondered as i was thinking of frontloading in october time.
lorraine
Old Aug 29th 2006, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,
Cheers to all,
Regards
Carol
Keep smiling
Hi Carol congratulations my son will be phoning centerlink tomorrow to make his appointment for the AOS but our agent said they will want his tax returns for this year which he hasn't done yet not sure why they want them they have already got the last few years tax returns seems like they keep moving the goal posts
regards Janet
Old Aug 29th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi Carol congratulations my son will be phoning centerlink tomorrow to make his appointment for the AOS but our agent said they will want his tax returns for this year which he hasn't done yet not sure why they want them they have already got the last few years tax returns seems like they keep moving the goal posts
regards Janet
The only tax returns that matter are the last 2 years and they have to show a taxable income (after all tax deductions) of $43,750 between AoS (you can have more than 1 person)

Martin
Old Aug 29th 2006, 8:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DerekM
Very good news Carol and the timeline is very very informative. Thank you very much for that. Hope all the rest of the journey goes well for you and your family, must be getting quite excited now its so close!
Wonder why they have said 16 Dec 06 as the initial entry date? As you could easily have settled up the finances by the end of September? Does that mean you cant enter before then?
Derek
xx Dec 06 is the latest you can enter the country , you could go 2morrow as long as the visa is in your passport
Old Aug 29th 2006, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

carol haycock is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DerekM
Derek
Hi friends united, many thanks for all your good wishes, its such a relief to receive the news, so excited at the thought of a one-way trip at last with our 2 year old twin grandaughters to hug on our arrival in Perth.

Derek, 16 Dec is the date we have been given that we must make our initial entry by to validate our visas, you are normally given 12 months from the date of your medicals or police checks, whichever is the earliest date but we have only been granted 6 months due to my husband being given a health undertaking following his medical.

Good luck Loz, lets hope your parents hear this week, I can understand the pressure, those last few weeks especially have been unbearable.

Hi Janet (Frayne) Its not strictly true about the AOS, Centrelink interviewer accepted the 04 and 05 tax return as fine due to the 06 one not finalised at the time of the interview 3rd week of July, maybe now they would insist on it as we are nearly in Sept, only guessing that though.

Looking forward to booking the flights tomorrow, after that I'll be wading through all the advice off the threads to help with the chaos of the next few months, no different than anybody else that ever got involved with Dima.
Regards
Carol
Old Aug 30th 2006, 4:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Hi friends united, many thanks for all your good wishes, its such a relief to receive the news, so excited at the thought of a one-way trip at last with our 2 year old twin grandaughters to hug on our arrival in Perth.

Derek, 16 Dec is the date we have been given that we must make our initial entry by to validate our visas, you are normally given 12 months from the date of your medicals or police checks, whichever is the earliest date but we have only been granted 6 months due to my husband being given a health undertaking following his medical.

Good luck Loz, lets hope your parents hear this week, I can understand the pressure, those last few weeks especially have been unbearable.

Hi Janet (Frayne) Its not strictly true about the AOS, Centrelink interviewer accepted the 04 and 05 tax return as fine due to the 06 one not finalised at the time of the interview 3rd week of July, maybe now they would insist on it as we are nearly in Sept, only guessing that though.

Looking forward to booking the flights tomorrow, after that I'll be wading through all the advice off the threads to help with the chaos of the next few months, no different than anybody else that ever got involved with Dima.
Regards
Carol
Hi everyone well my son made his appointment for CentreLink the earliest they can do it is the 13 september but they told him to keep ringing to see if they had any cancellations and they do want the 04 05 tax returns so thats a relief
regards Janet
Old Aug 30th 2006, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Hello everyone,
Cheers to all,
Regards
Carol
Keep smiling
Hi Carol - what absolutely joyful news from you!!! Am so thrilled for you especially as we seem to be following quite close behind you. Our son has his apt with Centrelink tomorrow for AOS assessment. Had meds done 10th August and have not heard anything from panel dr or anyone so assume that all is well with them? Well done Carol - not long now til you are reunited with your family!! Hope we hear something soon too!!! What a year this has been for us all? Best Wishes Linda x
Old Aug 30th 2006, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

pinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant future
Smile Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi everyone well my son made his appointment for CentreLink the earliest they can do it is the 13 september but they told him to keep ringing to see if they had any cancellations and they do want the 04 05 tax returns so thats a relief
regards Janet
Hi Janet,
I'am pleased tax returns have turn out OK & your son has his appointment, also glad everyone is getting on ok. Still waiting to see if we get the 12 month visa, ments should go this week!!!!
Pauline

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.