for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Sep 27th 2006, 4:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hello Carol

.......... and if you both had Skype and a microphone apiece, you'd be able to talk to each other as well !!

Reagrds

Jim
And a web cam as well, it all works for free! Make sure your rellies are set up with webcam combined mike on their pc, load up with MSN messenger or Skype before you leave. Then the only problem is the time difference.
Yes Jim waiting ...impatiently now! BTW Jim see that you are moving to level 4 water restrictions on the 1 Oct!!!!!!!!!! And the bushfire season has started early.
Derek
Old Sep 27th 2006, 7:46 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DerekM
And a web cam as well, it all works for free! Make sure your rellies are set up with webcam combined mike on their pc, load up with MSN messenger or Skype before you leave. Then the only problem is the time difference.
Yes Jim waiting ...impatiently now! BTW Jim see that you are moving to level 4 water restrictions on the 1 Oct!!!!!!!!!! And the bushfire season has started early.
Derek
Hello Derek,

Yep.... no more watering outside other than by rainwater or grey water.

One good side though - no more car washing!

Unless we have a lot of rain, and soon, these new restrictions would appear to stay in place for the foreseeable. We had some good rain a couple of weeks ago which all ran off to sea!!

As usual with these things, it would appear that all the authorities had hoped it would "go away" and not become a problem but they will soon have to make some big, and expensive (for us ratepayers) decisions before there is no water at all. If they made the rebates for installing rainwater tanks less of a derisory figure many more people would go down that route. Our local supply is currently around 15.5%.

Still, we are all here by choice.

Regards

Jim
Old Sep 27th 2006, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Just so everyone know Mum (pinkme) was granted a 1 year tourist visa on 21/09/06 house was packed up Monday and fly on 25/09/06....nothing for months and then lots at once

Thanks

Martin
Old Sep 28th 2006, 9:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Originally Posted by lorraine111
hi linda,
soooo pleased for you that you have got your long awaited letter. can you remind us again your timelines as it is sometimes hard to keep up with each other isn't it?
I am waiting with baited breath for someone to get some news for the temporary visa to give me some hope of when. it is our 6 month mark tomorrow so we are hoping that at least that is the half way mark or if we are really really lucky closer than half way!
go and celebrate and have one for us.
lorraine

Hi Lorraine,

Mum & Dad have now past the 7 month mark . We got good news today that our 139 visa was granted . As you can imagine, we can't wait on my parents getting their too, which would allow us to get the ball rolling with both our houses to sell and all the things that come with that. ....

The last time I called POPC I was told that they were just waiting on being allocated a CO, I am tempted to call again........... but don't know if I should. Hoe the 8 to 10 month processing time is right with the temp 173 visa! and M&D (and you) get their visa bang on the 8 month mark.......

I may call them early next week...... I'll keep you posted of progress as I think M&D and you are the only one's going 173 as appose to the 143.

All the best
Jane
Old Sep 28th 2006, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi jane
thanks for answering me it does get lonely on here. ha ha.
yes i think we are the only ones waiting for our type of visa in this thread. so please do keep in touch and anything happens this end i will let you know straight away.
lorraine
Old Sep 28th 2006, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough

hi again jane
sorry forgot to say have they already done their medicals? i can't remember if they have frontloaded or not
lorraine
Old Sep 29th 2006, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

hi again jane
sorry forgot to say have they already done their medicals? i can't remember if they have frontloaded or not
lorraine

Yes, they did them with us at the end of April.

Jane
Old Sep 30th 2006, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

hi jane,
I am going to phone up and check soon that the medical forms have not changed and intend to frontload then. i think that it is safe enough to now time wise as the medicals last for a year don't they? just being cautious as normal! also i have been dieting like mad to be sure that i am below the bmi.
really do not want anything to delay this process that i could have done something about. my daughter and the grandchildren went on ahead in august and joined our son and family so only us left here now and it feels like the waiting is forever. then i think about it and we have done six months so thank goodness for that! keeping my fingers crossed you hear soon for your parents.
lorraine
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

hi jane,
I am going to phone up and check soon that the medical forms have not changed and intend to frontload then. i think that it is safe enough to now time wise as the medicals last for a year don't they? just being cautious as normal! also i have been dieting like mad to be sure that i am below the bmi.
really do not want anything to delay this process that i could have done something about. my daughter and the grandchildren went on ahead in august and joined our son and family so only us left here now and it feels like the waiting is forever. then i think about it and we have done six months so thank goodness for that! keeping my fingers crossed you hear soon for your parents.
lorraine
Meds last for a year as long as you are given cat A if you get cat B it is only 6 months , but you should be fine if you are fighting fit !

I phoned the POPC the other week to ask about the med forms and they refused to tell me and told us that we should not do the meds unrequested , we did them anyway as we (my inlaws) decided to come over on a years visa which they had to have meds for and got them done at the same time once PR visa is granted I have arranged for them to pick it up from NZ.....
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

AVERINA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tabby
Meds last for a year as long as you are given cat A if you get cat B it is only 6 months , but you should be fine if you are fighting fit !

I phoned the POPC the other week to ask about the med forms and they refused to tell me and told us that we should not do the meds unrequested , we did them anyway as we (my inlaws) decided to come over on a years visa which they had to have meds for and got them done at the same time once PR visa is granted I have arranged for them to pick it up from NZ.....
Hi Everyone
Well today is 1st October another month gone by, does anyone know which month the POPC are up to regards to calling for medicals? Or how long it is taking from beginning to end at present, we lodged January 2006 and haven't heard a thing apart from our lodgment number back in Feb.
Regards
Averina
Old Sep 30th 2006, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

hi
well maybe i should wait another couple of months then as i have a muscle condition and do not want to take the risk of having to go into category b and then having medicals done twice. thanks for that
lorraine
Old Sep 30th 2006, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AVERINA
Hi Everyone
Well today is 1st October another month gone by, does anyone know which month the POPC are up to regards to calling for medicals? Or how long it is taking from beginning to end at present, we lodged January 2006 and haven't heard a thing apart from our lodgment number back in Feb.
Regards
Averina
There seems to be trend of getting a C/O on or around 9 months so that would be sometime this month , If you don't hear by say the end of the 2nd week of Oct just give them a call they are very helpful just see were they are upto on processing app. don't worry if they quote upto 15 months as they have been doing this for months but app still seem to take only take 12 months
Old Sep 30th 2006, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi
well maybe i should wait another couple of months then as i have a muscle condition and do not want to take the risk of having to go into category b and then having medicals done twice. thanks for that
lorraine
Better to be safe than sorry I reckon , if you are on the ball when they request it should only take at most a month to recive forms fill forms out get appointments and send back aslong as you have your PCC's already as these can take as long as 40 - 50 days
Old Sep 30th 2006, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

carol haycock is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
lorraine
Hi Lorraine,
My friends application for CPV 143 was lodged 29 Nov 05 and they received their first contact from CO on 23 Sept 06 (approx nine and a half months after lodgement excluding postal time, exactly like my app. I frontloaded our medicals but my friends medical forms arrived officially stamped by POPC and with embossed photos on the forms, I think they are trying to discourage applicants from front-loading their meds as it puts POPC under too much pressure with timeline to complete the visa before meds need to be redone.
Kind regards,
Carol
Old Oct 5th 2006, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

hi thanks to you both for your help and comments. i am going to sit tight and wait for the medical forms to be requested i think. if i think on the positive side it gives me more time to get on with this diet! yuk!! also we should be on the count down now. we have sent off for our ppc's so we are as in hand as we can be. once again thanks for your comments it is always great to speak to someone that knows what this process feels like.
lorraine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.