British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   for the contributory parents who had thread closed (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/contributory-parents-who-had-thread-closed-380244/)

lorraine111 Jun 19th 2006 12:24 pm

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi there
not sure where you all are but the thread got closed because we included some personal chat in amongst the immigration part i think. hoping we can all find each other again here. it is good to know how we are all doing
lorraine

Pollyana Jun 19th 2006 2:25 pm

Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by lorraine111
hi there
not sure where you all are but the thread got closed because we included some personal chat in amongst the immigration part i think. hoping we can all find each other again here. it is good to know how we are all doing
lorraine

I've added a link onto the thread in the Immigration forum that should point people to here :)

lorraine111 Jun 19th 2006 2:38 pm

hi
thanks a lot for that. i didn't mean to take us off topic it just evolved! we were so excited i think to be in contact with each other. this site is sooooo helpful and great for info. thanks again
lorraine

DerekM Jun 19th 2006 3:37 pm

Thanks for the new link Pollyanna, I tried to go back after receiving WMoore's notification and see if the link could be transferred to the open forum but could not access anything.
It seems to be becoming important for us parents to keep an eye on the progress of the applications.........or lack of it! For the sudden changes in timescales over the last few months is disconcerting to say the least. From being ok in progress last June/July to the possibility of up to an 18 month wait now came as a bit of a shock to our preparations. If you have front loaded for example they are all, or could be a waste of time now and you will have to repeat them incurring costs and more time.
Hopefully as someone said on the thread the new quota begins at the end of this month and perhaps that will rejuvenate the process? Things do seem to have gone completely awry with the system as my application was posted by courier at the end of October and yet was not lodged until 21 Dec! Nearly 2 months later. However we can all hopefully keep some track on whats happening via this thread. Thanks again Pollyanna and to all who have responded and expressed an interest in this, its great to have support and info.

Gnut Kracker Jun 19th 2006 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by DerekM
Thanks for the new link Pollyanna, I tried to go back after receiving WMoore's notification and see if the link could be transferred to the open forum but could not access anything.
It seems to be becoming important for us parents to keep an eye on the progress of the applications.........or lack of it! For the sudden changes in timescales over the last few months is disconcerting to say the least. From being ok in progress last June/July to the possibility of up to an 18 month wait now came as a bit of a shock to our preparations. If you have front loaded for example they are all, or could be a waste of time now and you will have to repeat them incurring costs and more time.
Hopefully as someone said on the thread the new quota begins at the end of this month and perhaps that will rejuvenate the process? Things do seem to have gone completely awry with the system as my application was posted by courier at the end of October and yet was not lodged until 21 Dec! Nearly 2 months later. However we can all hopefully keep some track on whats happening via this thread. Thanks again Pollyanna and to all who have responded and expressed an interest in this, its great to have support and info.

Hi

Just to let you know that I've found it too thanks to Pollyana's kind assistance. Will post again if I hear anything more from the POPC (but I must say I'm beginning to wonder whether they are a mirage, the silence is so deafening!)

FRAYNE Jun 19th 2006 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Gnut Kracker
Hi

Just to let you know that I've found it too thanks to Pollyana's kind assistance. Will post again if I hear anything more from the POPC (but I must say I'm beginning to wonder whether they are a mirage, the silence is so deafening!)

Hi everyone found the link so will keep in touch
Janet :)

budababes Jun 19th 2006 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi everyone found the link so will keep in touch
Janet :)

I blinked and missed something - but have found the link too!
Keep in touch folks - hope we start hearing some good news soon!
Linda :)

pinkme Jun 19th 2006 7:05 pm

hi there
lorraine

Hi I found the link!!! It's only two weeks & June is in? It's only 11 days until my Daughter who lives in the out back has her BABY !!!!! It's her first one & just wants us out soon we can :(

sapphire3 Jun 20th 2006 12:06 pm

Just to say I've found the thread as well.

(Nothing else to say though!)

Nico Jun 20th 2006 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by sapphire3
Just to say I've found the thread as well.

(Nothing else to say though!)

Yep, and I'm here too, feeling as if I've been talking in class and got told off.

Nico

carol haycock Jun 20th 2006 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by Nico
Yep, and I'm here too, feeling as if I've been talking in class and got told off.

Nico

Found you all, I think I was partly involved with the chat that closed the
previous thread so I offer my sincere apologies and consider myself in detention.
Many thanks to the pm's I have received from members with regard to my medical question, so reassuring to receive and be able to support each-other. Are there any restrictions on this thread regards subject matter we can discuss?
I really am keeping fingers crossed that we all get news in July, I wonder who will post the first thread with positive feedback on CO's?
Regards
Carol

Jimclevs Jun 21st 2006 2:27 am

Originally Posted by carol haycock
Found you all, I think I was partly involved with the chat that closed the
previous thread so I offer my sincere apologies and consider myself in detention.
Many thanks to the pm's I have received from members with regard to my medical question, so reassuring to receive and be able to support each-other. Are there any restrictions on this thread regards subject matter we can discuss?
I really am keeping fingers crossed that we all get news in July, I wonder who will post the first thread with positive feedback on CO's?
Regards
Carol

Hello all you prospective CP visa holders!

You can say what the hell you like in The Barbie - but obviously within reason.

May all your waits be short (ish)

Jim

lorraine111 Jun 21st 2006 7:45 am

hi
glad you all found the thread i thought i might have got lonely there for a minute. ha ha.
thanks jim it is good to know we can go off topic and still be able to keep all together so to speak.
my son, daughter in law and baby arrived safe and sound yesterday afternoon and as you can imagine we are in seventh heaven here. 4 whole weeks of being together. i am going to try my very hardest not to mention the V word all the time but you know how hard that one is.
i will still be logging on though to check daily if anyone as any news.
lorraine

Nico Jun 21st 2006 8:49 am

hi
glad you all found the thread i thought i might have got lonely there for a minute. ha ha.
thanks jim it is good to know we can go off topic and still be able to keep all together so to speak.
my son, daughter in law and baby arrived safe and sound yesterday afternoon and as you can imagine we are in seventh heaven here. 4 whole weeks of being together. i am going to try my very hardest not to mention the V word all the time but you know how hard that one is.
i will still be logging on though to check daily if anyone as any news.
lorraine

Have fun Lorraine, and let us know how it's going.
Nico

Wol Jun 21st 2006 9:11 am

Our CP application had case officer Lilyana Taleski (Sp?) who was excellent - went out of her way to keep us up to dte and helped out when things went awry. We sent a glowing letter of reference to her superiors when we eventually got the visa!