Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Oct 16th 2006, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

AVERINA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Hello to all of the C.P applicants out there

Can anyone give me any advice as to how we can if at all possible get around this one?

We have decided to go out to Oz on an extended holiday whilst we wait for our visa to be granted, as we already own a house out there we may as well be living there, the only downfall is that we can't work plus we have to get out of Oz for the visa grant.

We are putting our furniture in storage here in the UK as we have been told that we are not allowed to send it in the container until we have the visa in our passport, apparently the visa is required to be able to fax through to the customs people in Oz before they will accept the container.

We would love to have all our belongings there with us but it isn't possible due to the above.

I welcome any tips/advice from anyone out there !!!!!

Thank you

Averina
Old Oct 16th 2006, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Hi AVERINA,

My mum (pinkme) and dad have just done this. We helped them apply for a 12 month tourist visa at the beginning of September. We were honest and told them it was to go to Oz to wait for the Parent Visa to be issued. There were no dramas. Mum and Dad had to get meds done for this one also (we think coz it was 12 months and they are near retirement age). Their visa was granted a couple of weeks ago and they are now here!!
When it is time for the Parent visa to be granted they will take a trip to NZ and get their passport sorted there.
With regards to their belongings, we found out that they are able to bring them across as long as they could prove the tourist visa. The whole process was very smooth. Gill Palmer's mum did the same thing.

It definietly is possible. Let us know if you would like any more info and good luck!!
Old Oct 17th 2006, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

It came this morning!!!!! Visa Granted 12th October - just two days to the year after lodgement on 10th October 2005. Can't believe that it has happened at last. Hang in there the rest of you!!!! Your turn will come. Thanks to you all for words of encouragement when the going was so slow!
Good Luck to you all - must be your turn next Derek!! Celebration time has come at last!!!! and bubbly of course!!! Linda & Keith - soon to be off to Newcastle NSW
Old Oct 17th 2006, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Hi and congrats...

I cannot understand why I never found this thread before cos i have been chasing around looking for others waiting for either application time or granting of the CP visa.
We cannot apply until June 2007 and the wait is dragging and dragging...compunded by the fact that the application process time seems to be getting longer so we may have to look at the 12 month visa and New Zealand scenario!

Just wondered how many in the Manchester area were on the lists.

I also noticed that at some point the "owners" chopped the thread.
If its a problem - it would not be difficult or expencive to set up a website and forum or chat facility to cater for the personnal or chatty side of things for this "group". I have already created a website for our daughter and we have her pics and video's online. ( It is not intended to compete with this or any other ex-pats or emmigratition web site)

PS....( with smug look on face) we are off to Sydney in three weeks - back in February 2007 and guess who has tickets for NY eve in the Botanical Gardens......
Old Oct 17th 2006, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=budababes]It came this morning!!!!! Visa Granted 12th October - just two days to the year after lodgement on 10th October 2005. Can't believe that it has happened at last. Hang in there the rest of you!!!! Your turn will come. Thanks to you all for words of encouragement when the going was so slow!
Good Luck to you all - must be your turn next Derek!! Celebration time has come at last!!!! and bubbly of course!!! Linda & Keith - soon to be off to Newcastle NSW[/QUOTE
Great news, gives us all hope that there is light at the end of a very very long tunnel! Still not heard anything, must be on its way?
Have a wonderful celebration with plenty of bubbly, plan and organise the rest of the move and then comes the diificult part for those with relatives and friends left in the UK!
Yes we have to hang on in there, fingernails getting a bit short though now!
Congrats and thanks for yours and everyones supportive input to this thread.

Derek
Old Oct 17th 2006, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

AVERINA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tabby
Hi AVERINA,

My mum (pinkme) and dad have just done this. We helped them apply for a 12 month tourist visa at the beginning of September. We were honest and told them it was to go to Oz to wait for the Parent Visa to be issued. There were no dramas. Mum and Dad had to get meds done for this one also (we think coz it was 12 months and they are near retirement age). Their visa was granted a couple of weeks ago and they are now here!!
When it is time for the Parent visa to be granted they will take a trip to NZ and get their passport sorted there.
With regards to their belongings, we found out that they are able to bring them across as long as they could prove the tourist visa. The whole process was very smooth. Gill Palmer's mum did the same thing.

It definietly is possible. Let us know if you would like any more info and good luck!!
Hi Tabby

Many thanks for your answer but we aren't going on a 12 month tourist visa, we are going on an ETA which gives us 3 months, then if necessary we can extend for a further 3 months at a cost of $200 each, we were told by our agent that we could not do a tourist visa as you can't have 2 visa's running together and it would cancel out our C.P 143 visa if we did so.

Once we get the letter of intent to grant we will then use our open ended return flight back to UK to enable us to send up our passport to have the visa stamped inside then once it's back we will then fly back on a one way ticket.

This is why we can't send our container to Oz until we get the visa and this is why I wondered if anyone had any tips/advice of a way around it.

Good news on the 1 year minus 2 days from start to finish !!!!!! from the other person it shows us all that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Old Oct 17th 2006, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by AVERINA
Hi Tabby

Many thanks for your answer but we aren't going on a 12 month tourist visa, we are going on an ETA which gives us 3 months, then if necessary we can extend for a further 3 months at a cost of $200 each, we were told by our agent that we could not do a tourist visa as you can't have 2 visa's running together and it would cancel out our C.P 143 visa if we did so.

Once we get the letter of intent to grant we will then use our open ended return flight back to UK to enable us to send up our passport to have the visa stamped inside then once it's back we will then fly back on a one way ticket.

This is why we can't send our container to Oz until we get the visa and this is why I wondered if anyone had any tips/advice of a way around it.

Good news on the 1 year minus 2 days from start to finish !!!!!! from the other person it shows us all that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
A yeaar tourist visa is just an extentision of a ETA they come under the same number we just chose to extend it the UK rather than come here then do it ....If you visit the Australian customs website and email them with your sitituation they should email back saying what to do then just supply the email to the shippers this is how we got round it

Hope this helps

Martin & Tracy
Old Oct 17th 2006, 10:14 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by budababes
It came this morning!!!!! Visa Granted 12th October - just two days to the year after lodgement on 10th October 2005. Can't believe that it has happened at last. Hang in there the rest of you!!!! Your turn will come. Thanks to you all for words of encouragement when the going was so slow!
Good Luck to you all - must be your turn next Derek!! Celebration time has come at last!!!! and bubbly of course!!! Linda & Keith - soon to be off to Newcastle NSW
Congratulations............. another one off the waiting list. I remember reading some time ago that you intend to settle near Scone/Gloucester - you have picked a lovely area!

Yes....... it must be Derek next.

Jim
Old Oct 19th 2006, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi
a big big congratulations to you getting your visa. you are the first since we started this thread and it is such good news to hear that it was soooo close to the year mark! gives everyone a boost i am sure.
have a safe journey and a wonderful new life.
lorraine
Old Oct 20th 2006, 8:03 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

have tried to do a quick recap on this very long thread!!

have been over in australia since august, and mum/dad are waiting for my brother (exasperated sigh) to fill in his sponsorship form, before they can submit their CPV 143 visa. ours took about 9 months until we got a CO, and i have always thought that the 143 visa was roughly about the same time scale. for the many many CP visa applicants out there, is this still the case.

congratulations to those that have got their visa, lovely catching up with the threads, especially the lady going for her sons wedding.

i might be a regular visitor on this thread, hope you dont mind. having a bit of a blip with brother filling in his form (waiting for citizenship before filling it in, even though it will comes months before they get assigned a co ), but hoping to get mum/dad application in sooner rather than later. they are sat waiting on their completed forms waiting to send them.

any news anyone?
Old Oct 20th 2006, 10:52 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
have tried to do a quick recap on this very long thread!!

have been over in australia since august, and mum/dad are waiting for my brother (exasperated sigh) to fill in his sponsorship form, before they can submit their CPV 143 visa. ours took about 9 months until we got a CO, and i have always thought that the 143 visa was roughly about the same time scale. for the many many CP visa applicants out there, is this still the case.

congratulations to those that have got their visa, lovely catching up with the threads, especially the lady going for her sons wedding.

i might be a regular visitor on this thread, hope you dont mind. having a bit of a blip with brother filling in his form (waiting for citizenship before filling it in, even though it will comes months before they get assigned a co ), but hoping to get mum/dad application in sooner rather than later. they are sat waiting on their completed forms waiting to send them.

any news anyone?
Hi SB

How you going? Done your FX yet?

Where are you in NSW? Its actually raining
here in Terrigal

The latest 143 visa awarded to anyone on this thread was exactly 1 year (minus 2 days) I believe so that's a good base for you to work from. Some others are very close to obtaining theirs so keep an eye on here for that.

Mind how you go

Jim
Old Oct 20th 2006, 11:46 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jimclevs
Hi SB

How you going? Done your FX yet?

Where are you in NSW? Its actually raining
here in Terrigal

The latest 143 visa awarded to anyone on this thread was exactly 1 year (minus 2 days) I believe so that's a good base for you to work from. Some others are very close to obtaining theirs so keep an eye on here for that.

Mind how you go

Jim
hiya jim,

we are in port stephens, not raining yet, but im not chancing putting the washing out!!!

yep, did our money transfer thingy - very easy.

a year from start to finish i what i thought, but i have recd an e-mail off an agent advising me that realistically, it could be a bit longer than that.

will follow this thread closely....who are waiting for theirs next?

where's terrigal?
Old Oct 21st 2006, 5:29 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
hiya jim,

we are in port stephens, not raining yet, but im not chancing putting the washing out!!!

yep, did our money transfer thingy - very easy.

a year from start to finish i what i thought, but i have recd an e-mail off an agent advising me that realistically, it could be a bit longer than that.

will follow this thread closely....who are waiting for theirs next?

where's terrigal?
Hi

Terrigal is about 1.5 hours south of you along the F3

Been to Shoal Bay yet? That's our favourite spot in your area.

Derek M should be the next one to get the good news. That agent could well be right of course, but none have taken over 12 months yet .................so far as I know.

Regards

Jim
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about

Well things are certainly happening now -- for those interested here is our time line from start to finish - working without an agent except initially when we paid for one consultation and assessment.

1.10.05 sent application to POPC by international signed for
10.10.05 Visa Lodged
26.10.05 Acknowledgement received from POPC
26.07.06 Received request for Assurance of Support, meds and pcc
(we had arranged pcc to be done in June to save time - these
took 40 days exactly to be returned to us)
10.08.06 Medicals arranged and done - all o.k.
31.08.06 Son had interview with Centrelink re AOS and paid $14.000
into Commonwealth Bank on 07.09.06
25.09.06 2nd VAC requested
07.10.06 Posted bank draft to POPC for 2nd VAC
12.10.06 VISA GRANTED - visa grant letter actually received through post
17.10.06 Posted passports to London for Visa Evidencing
21.10.06 Passports returned - VISA LABEL - HURRAY!!!!!
21.10.06 Flights booked with Singapore Airlines - to inc 40 kg luggage allowance for 10.01.07 - OZ HERE WE COME!!!!

It is such a relief now that it has all happened - exchanged contracts on our house also this week and will be completing on 4th December - so now the emotional time begins - the goodbyes to pets, friends and family in U.K.(especially our daughter) but on the positive side we are so looking forward to our new life in Australia with our son, his wife and the "bump" due in January!!!

Hang in there everyone - it will be happening for you too before you know it!
Regards Linda & Keith
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by budababes
Congratulations it looks like things are finally moving our 12 months is up on the 2nd Nov 2 days after we fly but there isn't much we can do about it so it looks like we will just have to have another holiday in New Zealand we are just back from saying goodbye to all our family in Yorkshire and it was very emotional saying bye to my dad as he isn't in the best of health,good luck to everyone I think there are a few of us that should hear soon
regards Janet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.