Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Jan 4th 2007, 11:02 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

thats a good idea derek. i might get them to do that. i was even thinking of seeing if they could have the chest xrays done beforehand as well, as they are the one thing that worry me about mum/dads application. i know when we had ours done, the not knowing of the result of the xray was awful. at least at the medicals you get some feedback from the panel doctor. i might throw that idea at them and see if they can appraoch the doctors. thanks.

have you heard anything yet?
Old Jan 7th 2007, 5:53 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by DerekM View Post
Hi SB
About 3 weeks for us. Lodgement date was obviously dated just before posting. What delayed our receipt was the Xmas post I think without digging the file (s) out!!
Anyway my AOS Bond is paid so ....just waiting now to be instructed to pay the 2nd visa charge. Happy New Year to all -
Hi Derek

Are you done and dusted yet - or delayed by Christmas/New Year ?

Regards

Jim
Old Jan 7th 2007, 9:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Hi All,

Just to let you know Dad went for his 2nd medical on Friday (the medical advisor in Perth only gave him 6 months for the medical he had in June 06) We have to get the panel doctor to sent the documents direct to the CO and she will deal with it immediately due to the previous wrong info we have received from their office!! The Doctor thinks she'll manage to get it sent off this Tuesday and we are willing to pay the extra to have it sent by courier.

We had flights provisional booked for the 9th Feb so fingers crossed it is all finalised for then.

THe packers arrive tomorrow so it look like the only internet access that I'll have will be the local library, how will I survive???

Cheers Jane

p.s. by the time I get to Oz I hope that all who are still waiting have been granted..........all the best.
Old Jan 7th 2007, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi
all the best for tomorrow. i am really really hoping it all works out so you can make your flights in feb. best of luck and thanks for your support. i will keep in contact thanks for your number.
lorraine
Old Jan 8th 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Sleeping Beauty;4249864]thats a good idea derek. i might get them to do that........
Hi Derek

Regards

Jim
Hello SB and Jim
Still waiting for the letter from DIMA but have heard from my AOS that they have received formal notification of approval from Centrelink of the AOS and that DIMA have been notified on the 29th Dec. So hopefully things have been held up by the seasonal post and we should hear this week.
Question for you Jim, did you rent on the Central Coast first or were you sure of what you wanted and bought straight away? You may remember that I was contacted about a new development in Brookvale, well my Sister went and met the architect and sent us the plans. I contacted him for more details and not a sausage in response so....! The original houses I saw last Feb were on the small size and some of the design was not user friendly and I told him so at the time. He took the points on board and promised to better his subsequent designs for the next development. Oh well, perhaps he should pay me for my input!
Anyway we are quite keen on the Central Coast, Umina, Ettalong etc because of the affordability amongst things, our only concern being the possibility of it being too quiet! We do like our cafe culture, which is one of the great things of Cyprus and the Med countries! Is that one of the reasons you choose Terrigal? We have visited the area several times and spent a week at Ettalong Outrigger last March to suss the area out. Although we got about a bit, up as far as The Entrance we did spend quite a bit of time looking at houses all over to see what we could get for the money in various locations. When you bought your houses did you use a surveyor?
I know most people recommend renting somewhere first but as I see it, I cant afford the sort of place I want in the Northern Beaches or more accurately I am not prepared to afford it! If I didn't like the Central Coast the alternative is south towards Wollongong or further north towards Newcastle and these options are further away from the relatives. As one of them said, if you are going to be hours away whats the point!!!! Bang went the Sunshine Coast idea!
Hope this is not too long a comment on this thread but my general feelings must be common to all.
Derek
Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:13 pm
An Australian Citizen !!

Jimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to beholdJimclevs is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=DerekM;4259892]
Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty View Post
thats a good idea derek. i might get them to do that........
Hi Derek

Regards

Jim
Hello SB and Jim
Still waiting for the letter from DIMA but have heard from my AOS that they have received formal notification of approval from Centrelink of the AOS and that DIMA have been notified on the 29th Dec. So hopefully things have been held up by the seasonal post and we should hear this week.
Question for you Jim, did you rent on the Central Coast first or were you sure of what you wanted and bought straight away? You may remember that I was contacted about a new development in Brookvale, well my Sister went and met the architect and sent us the plans. I contacted him for more details and not a sausage in response so....! The original houses I saw last Feb were on the small size and some of the design was not user friendly and I told him so at the time. He took the points on board and promised to better his subsequent designs for the next development. Oh well, perhaps he should pay me for my input!
Anyway we are quite keen on the Central Coast, Umina, Ettalong etc because of the affordability amongst things, our only concern being the possibility of it being too quiet! We do like our cafe culture, which is one of the great things of Cyprus and the Med countries! Is that one of the reasons you choose Terrigal? We have visited the area several times and spent a week at Ettalong Outrigger last March to suss the area out. Although we got about a bit, up as far as The Entrance we did spend quite a bit of time looking at houses all over to see what we could get for the money in various locations. When you bought your houses did you use a surveyor?
I know most people recommend renting somewhere first but as I see it, I cant afford the sort of place I want in the Northern Beaches or more accurately I am not prepared to afford it! If I didn't like the Central Coast the alternative is south towards Wollongong or further north towards Newcastle and these options are further away from the relatives. As one of them said, if you are going to be hours away whats the point!!!! Bang went the Sunshine Coast idea!
Hope this is not too long a comment on this thread but my general feelings must be common to all.
Derek
Hello Derek

Sorry to hear about the Brookvale development - you didn't want to live by 6 lanes of traffic anyway, now did you !?

The pros and cons for renting first are well known so I won't go over them here. Suffice to say that for us, once we had decided we were not prepared to pay an unrealistic amount of $s for living on a balcony in, say, Manly or Dee Why, we then chose to look at this area some 80 minutes drive from the family. We didn't consider south of Sydney as they live in Manly Vale. As you say, any further would have negated the reason for being here in the first place and we certainly didn't want to have to use Jetstar or VB each time we wanted to see the grandchildren!

As for the process etc - I think this is best answered by a PM - which I'll send you in the next 24 hours or so - busy schedule today - club meeting followed by a round of golf and a liquid lunch!!

Regards

Jim
Old Jan 9th 2007, 8:54 am
An Australian Citizen !!

[QUOTE=Jimclevs;4261281]
Originally Posted by DerekM View Post

Hello Derek

Sorry to hear about the Brookvale development - you didn't want to live by 6 lanes of traffic anyway, now did you !?

The pros and cons for renting first are well known so I won't go over them here. Suffice to say that for us, once we had decided we were not prepared to pay an unrealistic amount of $s for living on a balcony in, say, Manly or Dee Why, we then chose to look at this area some 80 minutes drive from the family. We didn't consider south of Sydney as they live in Manly Vale. As you say, any further would have negated the reason for being here in the first place and we certainly didn't want to have to use Jetstar or VB each time we wanted to see the grandchildren!

As for the process etc - I think this is best answered by a PM - which I'll send you in the next 24 hours or so - busy schedule today - club meeting followed by a round of golf and a liquid lunch!!

Regards

Jim
Derek

PM sent !

Jim
Old Jan 9th 2007, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Jimclevs;4262565]
Originally Posted by Jimclevs View Post

Derek

PM sent !

Jim
Thanks for that Jim
Regards
Derek
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:42 pm
Just Joined

comoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We are waiting for my Mum's 143 visa to be processed - applied 9 months ago.
In the meantime, can I bring her out on a 12 month visitor visa (636?)
whilst the PR is being processed? She has a UK passport.

I understand she'll have to go offshore for visa grant. I can't find much
info on this on the immi website.

Thanks

Robert
Old Jan 12th 2007, 9:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by comoman View Post
Hi,

We are waiting for my Mum's 143 visa to be processed - applied 9 months ago.
In the meantime, can I bring her out on a 12 month visitor visa (636?)
whilst the PR is being processed? She has a UK passport.

I understand she'll have to go offshore for visa grant. I can't find much
info on this on the immi website.

Thanks

Robert
You certainly can Robert. My Mum and Dad applied 14/02/06 and we organised a 12month visitor visa in Sept 2006. They were here by mid October. Since then they have paid AOS and second instalment and we are waiting for the visa to be granted. They will fly to NZ to get the visa evidenced. Frayne on here also did something similar, but came over to Oz on a month visitor visa, not 12-month.
For a year visior visa there is likely to be a requirement for your parents to be requested medicals. Just so you are aware.
Just make sure you notify POPC of any changes and when you fill out the paperwork for the 12-month Visa, inform them that this is to wait in Oz for the 143 to be granted.

Hope this is helpful. Good Luck!!

Tracy
Old Jan 15th 2007, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

kt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nicekt.2006 is just really nice

My mum and dad are coming out to visit us for a month shortly. We have been here for a year now and I miss them so much that I don't quite feel at home here.

I am thinking ahead here as they have not said they want to come out here to live but I am hoping they will want to after they have been here. If they did show an interest I wanted to know roughly the chances of getting them out here and the costs. They are both 72, retired and in excellent health.

I have a brother as well.

Hope you can give me some sort of idea.

Kathy
Old Jan 15th 2007, 6:40 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kt.2006 View Post
My mum and dad are coming out to visit us for a month shortly. We have been here for a year now and I miss them so much that I don't quite feel at home here.

I am thinking ahead here as they have not said they want to come out here to live but I am hoping they will want to after they have been here. If they did show an interest I wanted to know roughly the chances of getting them out here and the costs. They are both 72, retired and in excellent health.

Kathy
hi kathy, is there just you and your brother?
where does your brother live?
you have had to have lived in australia fro 2 years before you can become a sponsor (your parents would need sponsoring, if they meet all the other criteria, balance of family etc).
the DIMA website is good place to have a look and get all the facts. look for family type visa, and then just follow the links.
let me know your circumstances, and i will see if i can help you any further.
hope i can help, as we too are hoping our parents can come over to live.
Old Jan 15th 2007, 6:45 am
An Australian Citizen !!

Originally Posted by kt.2006 View Post

Kathy
Hi Kathy

You are at least in the right thread! The Contributory Parent visa - either Temp or Permanent - would appear the way to go. You will need to be here for 2 years yourself before their application would be assessed
- and meet some financial requirements in order to be their sponsor/assurer.

There is a lot to take in which could confuse you at this stage and Booklet 3 in the DIMA website - www.immi.gov.au - is essential reading. Its all in there and, together with churning through this thread, you'll get all the info you need. This is one particular visa which I believe you can do yourselves - ie an agent is not required (in usual circumstances).

Assume that you are a PR? If you only have the one brother - no matter where he lives - your parents should satisfy the Balance of Family Test - the first step!

The current visa fee is approx Au$30k each and the AOS for a couple is approx Au$14k - I think! The visa fee is non-refundable (!) but the AOS should be repaid after 10 years. Still interested ?

I am sure that once the UK "waiters" are up and about, there may be a response from there also.

Good luck - but get to read Booklet 3.

Regards

Jim
Old Jan 15th 2007, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Hi everyone.

Just wanted you to know that Mum and Dad's Case Officer phoned today to say that Visa is ready to be granted. They now have to book their flights to NZ and fax details back to POPC so they can issue the Visa.

Great news is that it took 11 months, almost to the day:

Acknowledgement 14/02/2006 and Visa Grant 15/01/2007

Tracy
Old Jan 15th 2007, 9:24 am
Never going back

Originally Posted by tabby View Post
Hi everyone.

Just wanted you to know that Mum and Dad's Case Officer phoned today to say that Visa is ready to be granted. They now have to book their flights to NZ and fax details back to POPC so they can issue the Visa.

Great news is that it took 11 months, almost to the day:

Acknowledgement 14/02/2006 and Visa Grant 15/01/2007

Tracy
congratulations tracy, and to your mum and dad as well. big sigh of relief all round eh. great news, and in 11 months as well.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.