Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Nov 16th 2006, 10:48 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
That sounds like a good idea to me...being brain dead when it comes to officialdom and having the short term memory of a goldfish!

But I am pretty good at doing websites..so if a self help group formed..I can do the website (free)!

To qualify my claim..and boast about our "kids" in Oz I did this a while back
http://www.ebrochures-online-store.o...n-Oz/index.htm

I noticed on a post yesterday while that one guy was actually creating a listing showing latest info about application progession and latest stage info.
Its this stuff that helps others see that stages and timelines.

(if the link is deleted and you have interest PM me)

Arthur & Karen

arent you clever arthur? thats really good

where was the leaving do at? might know it as we are from near manchester.

might sit down and seriously consider doing what you suggested. i have travel industry background of 18 years. i have thought about it before. although it seems as though not many people come to this neck of the woods, as we are not a suburb of sydney/melbourne/adelaide/brisbane/perth etc. could probably count on both hands how many folk are coming out this way
Old Nov 17th 2006, 2:11 am
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
arent you clever arthur? thats really good

where was the leaving do at? might know it as we are from near manchester.

might sit down and seriously consider doing what you suggested. i have travel industry background of 18 years. i have thought about it before. although it seems as though not many people come to this neck of the woods, as we are not a suburb of sydney/melbourne/adelaide/brisbane/perth etc. could probably count on both hands how many folk are coming out this way
Gosh I,m blushing..me clever, Karen wont agree, she says always has to find my sox...
The party was held at a club in Ashton under Lyne..I have to say its normal clientle are what we "normal" folk may not always approve of and the nice lookin lady in the pink dress with long blonde hair is called Trevor! BUT Michael and Kates mates thought it was a great place to book for a going away party..who needs friends!

I think I was suggesting help with visa process information and you were thinkin about property!
I dont think that where you live or where others want to settle is a major factor. The same source you used to find the other property may offer other area's and if not..I know where it can be found!
From what I have seen you have a good knowledge of the visa application process and procedures and can speak from the "this is what we did" perspective. Also, again my thoughts were, many times I have lost threads as they move down this list and plodding through pages and threads is time consuming.
This CPV thread is basically a website in itself.
Anyway..not to go on...if you decide on anything and want a website or help with one...let me know. And where are you from?
Old Nov 18th 2006, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Just a bit of new ....well to me anyway, info re AOS. My Brother in Law has a Centrelink interview at the end of the month, whooo hoo nearly there. Sorry got sidetracked in the excitement!
The message he sent said:

'They have changed the rules again. The income of the guarantor now has to be more than $42,000 for two of the last 3 years including the most recent year i.e. 2005/06.'

I have not seen anything from Centrelink, so apart from the original letter from the Case Officer all the dealings have been with my Assurer. I am doing my bit which is Form 80, another form to notify them of my new biometric passport which the Embassy has given me an extra six months as it was not due to run out until next April. And then I need to get the biographic pages of the passports certified. Oh and of course for some reason they wanted a PCC from the Cyprus Police even though I have not been here for 12 months? Fortunately they are very efficient here, 7 days!! Beats the UK PCC hands down, exactly 40 days. All I have to do now is chase up my son who is sponsoring us to finish off his bit of proving he is a 'settled Australian citizen'. I think we are nearly there. Looks like early Jan now.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 10:06 pm
Account Closed

Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DerekM
Just a bit of new ....well to me anyway, info re AOS. My Brother in Law has a Centrelink interview at the end of the month, whooo hoo nearly there. Sorry got sidetracked in the excitement!
The message he sent said:

'They have changed the rules again. The income of the guarantor now has to be more than $42,000 for two of the last 3 years including the most recent year i.e. 2005/06.'

I have not seen anything from Centrelink, so apart from the original letter from the Case Officer all the dealings have been with my Assurer. I am doing my bit which is Form 80, another form to notify them of my new biometric passport which the Embassy has given me an extra six months as it was not due to run out until next April. And then I need to get the biographic pages of the passports certified. Oh and of course for some reason they wanted a PCC from the Cyprus Police even though I have not been here for 12 months? Fortunately they are very efficient here, 7 days!! Beats the UK PCC hands down, exactly 40 days. All I have to do now is chase up my son who is sponsoring us to finish off his bit of proving he is a 'settled Australian citizen'. I think we are nearly there. Looks like early Jan now.
Hi there,

Set myself the task of reading all posts in this thread to gather info......slightly easier than the Seven Labours of Hercules - give or take a shovel full......
I noticed that in Post 73 you also mentioned in passing - the form 80 stuff.

It occurs to me that within the few contributors here....some will have the complete sequence and total list of all forms to be submitted and in what order/timeline. Like others I had not come across anything wanting a list of past employers...though for what purpose if like me and Karen...we dont want to work - done 40 odd years of that and want some fun now!

Reason for asking this is again, going through the many posts..the situation with police checks and medicals being frontloaded to cut the waiting...while its taking longer to process these may expire in the waiting.
We are planning to submit and at some point during the wait - sell up and come over on a 12 months visa. This may be flawed thinking if the PCC and medicals need to be done again.

So is there anybody who can create the list - all forms and in what sequence.
It would help us lesser mortal lower down the learning curve newbies!

Karen and Arthur
Old Nov 20th 2006, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi
well done for plouging through all the threads we have been going on this thread now for a long time. i have suggested what you are saying, but as you have probably noticed things easily do get buried as someone else said with the thread quickly changing track. although it is great that we have managed to keep this thread going on for so long it would be good to have an update now. so if anyone as any suggestions on how best to set this out lets see if we can do it and go from there. regards to you all
lorraine
Old Nov 20th 2006, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
Hi there,

Set myself the task of reading all posts in this thread to gather info......slightly easier than the Seven Labours of Hercules - give or take a shovel full......
I noticed that in Post 73 you also mentioned in passing - the form 80 stuff.

It occurs to me that within the few contributors here....some will have the complete sequence and total list of all forms to be submitted and in what order/timeline. Like others I had not come across anything wanting a list of past employers...though for what purpose if like me and Karen...we dont want to work - done 40 odd years of that and want some fun now!

Reason for asking this is again, going through the many posts..the situation with police checks and medicals being frontloaded to cut the waiting...while its taking longer to process these may expire in the waiting.
We are planning to submit and at some point during the wait - sell up and come over on a 12 months visa. This may be flawed thinking if the PCC and medicals need to be done again.

So is there anybody who can create the list - all forms and in what sequence.
It would help us lesser mortal lower down the learning curve newbies!

Karen and Arthur
All the forms you need to fill out are in the booklet 3 checklist which is on www.immi.gov.au , you will not always have to fill out form 80, if you do need to your CO will request this . As for time line of filling in forms the quicker you fill them in the faster you will get your visa !!!

As for meds and pcc if you wait say 5 months from application and then get these done that will give you a deadline of 17 months which i am sure you will see should give you plenty of time ( remember if you come on 12 month visa you will require a 2nd set of meds and pcc ) if the 17 months by any chance is not enough the DIMIA are willing in most cases to extend the meds for another 3 months and the pcc for another 6 months.

Martin
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 12:18 am
Just Joined

pinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi Karen I dont think there is any advantage to the time taken using a agent we have just sent our final payment off to perth and that is 1year 3 weeks since we applied we will go to new Zealand in 2 weeks to get the visa.
Janet
Hi Janet,
just to let you & everyone know we have our Case Officer now it was 14/02/06 we applyed.
Pauline
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 5:28 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pinkme
Hi Janet,
just to let you & everyone know we have our Case Officer now it was 14/02/06 we applyed.
Pauline
DIMIA are speeding up then! Good news for all waiting.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough

hi pauline
thanks for telling us. that is great news i bet you are excited now. did you front load your meds or are you now arranging them? ours went in in march so that as given me a big boost this morning.
all the best
lorraine
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Janet,
Pauline
Hi Pauline great news, we have got Craig's wedding on Saturday so I am getting excited,we still haven't booked the flight to new Zealand yet will probably go beginning of December.
regards Janet
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Janet,
Pauline
Hi Pauline we got the email today to say that the visa has been granted we have to give them at least 3 days notice of where we want to have it issued and we have to be in New Zealand for 5 days it says in the email that it can take up to 5 days it could be issued in 3 but we cant take the risk so we will fly on the Monday and come back Friday
regards Janet.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

hi janet, great news so glad that you have at long last been granted the visa. all the best
lorraine
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi Pauline we got the email today to say that the visa has been granted we have to give them at least 3 days notice of where we want to have it issued and we have to be in New Zealand for 5 days it says in the email that it can take up to 5 days it could be issued in 3 but we cant take the risk so we will fly on the Monday and come back Friday
regards Janet.

Hi Frayne !

Congrats on your visa !
Enjoy the wedding & Nz ! are you missing sunny Poole yet ?

Nicky & John
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 6:38 pm
Just Joined

AVERINA is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Janet,
Pauline
Hi Pauline

Congratulations on gaining your C.O. have you already had your medicals? and are you applying for the 143 which has to be fully paid for or the 2 year temp visa the one where you pay at a later date? I will be really interested to read your feed back.

Regards

Averina
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
Hi Frayne !

Congrats on your visa !
Enjoy the wedding & Nz ! are you missing sunny Poole yet ?

Nicky & John
HI not missing it yet seems like I have been away for monthes not weeks how about you.
JANET

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.