Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Nov 28th 2006, 11:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by budababes
Hi Janet, so glad all went well with the wedding! Whew - you made it eh? after all the long wait for the visa etc. Well now you can enjoy settling into your new way of life Down Under.
We have had packers in today to start packing our worldly goods for shipping. Going with Allied Pickfords and so far am very impressed. Very efficient, cheerful and helpful and getting on with the job. Did you tip your guys? If so how much do you think is justifiable if the job is done well? (hoping, of course that everything arrives in good condition etc). Your property find sounds good! It would be fun to meet up in the new year when we finally arrive in Oz. Flights booked for 10th January arriving in Sydney 12th. Can't wait to meet the family - "bump" due on 28th Jan!!!! We are leaving Devon on Tuesday 5th December after house completes. Then the goodbyes will begin in ernest!! Our dear old collie Gem has gone to her new home with some friends of ours and she is being spoilt rotten!! Miss her terribly but it is the best decision considering her age etc. She has settled well with our friends and is living in doggie paradise with loads of land for exercise and lots of attention and TLC so..... Regards Linda

Hi Linda just quick reply our packers were there 3 days and there were 4 of them we gave them £10 each not sure if this was enough but they all seemed happy with that.
Janet
Old Dec 1st 2006, 4:25 am
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Well my Brother in Law had his interview with Centrlink yesterday and ran into a snag right at the end. As he is retired and cannot produce payslips etc he had to ....in his own words:
Interview done !
All went O.K except right at the end she said we needed an estimate of 2006/07 income since we are retired and have no salary slips to produce. They want a letter from our accountant, witnessed by a JP, with the estimates. I phoned my accountant from Centrelink yesterday and this is in hand. It will be faxed today direct to Centrelink.

She said as soon as she gets it she will approve the AOS and inform DIMA within 24 hours. After that it's up to DIMA to completer the process. She couldn't give us an estimate of time for this since it's a different Department.

So now we wait for DIMA and an instruction to open the account with Commonwealth Bank for deposit of the Bond.
We are getting there!!
Derek
Old Dec 1st 2006, 5:02 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DerekM
Well my Brother in Law had his interview with Centrlink yesterday and ran into a snag right at the end. As he is retired and cannot produce payslips etc he had to ....in his own words:
Interview done !
All went O.K except right at the end she said we needed an estimate of 2006/07 income since we are retired and have no salary slips to produce. They want a letter from our accountant, witnessed by a JP, with the estimates. I phoned my accountant from Centrelink yesterday and this is in hand. It will be faxed today direct to Centrelink.

She said as soon as she gets it she will approve the AOS and inform DIMA within 24 hours. After that it's up to DIMA to completer the process. She couldn't give us an estimate of time for this since it's a different Department.

So now we wait for DIMA and an instruction to open the account with Commonwealth Bank for deposit of the Bond.
We are getting there!!
Derek
great news derek....fingers crossed.
xx
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

deci will become famous soon enoughdeci will become famous soon enough

Hi everyone,

We received our paperwork on Wednesday requesting us to book medicals, police checks etc. We applied 10th Feb 06 for CP143. Hope this is good news for those who applied the same time as ourselves. Good luck to you all.

Best wishes
Linda and John
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 10:15 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deci
Hi everyone,

We received our paperwork on Wednesday requesting us to book medicals, police checks etc. We applied 10th Feb 06 for CP143. Hope this is good news for those who applied the same time as ourselves. Good luck to you all.

Best wishes
Linda and John

thanks for that. what date was your acknowledgment? so it has taken just less than 9 months for you to get your case officer and requests?

congratulations to you
xx
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by deci
Hi everyone,

Best wishes
Linda and John
Mum and Dad recived there letterfor CO 1 1/2 weeks ago and ack was 14/02/2006

Martin
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 10:34 pm
Never going back

Originally Posted by tabby
Mum and Dad recived there letterfor CO 1 1/2 weeks ago and ack was 14/02/2006

Martin
so your parents was about the same time frame then? about 9 months?

i have just posted off my parents, have told them it will probably be 9-12 months before they hear anything else. more likely to be 9 months, and the visa grant just within the 12 months. ooooeeeerrrrrrr, getting excited now

thankis martin.

xx
Old Dec 2nd 2006, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
so your parents was about the same time frame then? about 9 months?

i have just posted off my parents, have told them it will probably be 9-12 months before they hear anything else. more likely to be 9 months, and the visa grant just within the 12 months. ooooeeeerrrrrrr, getting excited now

thankis martin.

xx
That makes two of us then. I reckon from your estimate my parents should have 2-3 months left to wait.

They have just had their medicals which seemed to go well. That gave them a confidence boost, so they have now put their house on the market and told friends of their plans. Their assurers have also been for their CentreLink interviews.

My mum has a holiday booked to see us in January. I hope the visa is granted before then or I guess she may have to spend a day in New Zealand. It would just mean an extra expense.
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 6:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KatieStar
That makes two of us then. I reckon from your estimate my parents should have 2-3 months left to wait.

They have just had their medicals which seemed to go well. That gave them a confidence boost, so they have now put their house on the market and told friends of their plans. Their assurers have also been for their CentreLink interviews.

My mum has a holiday booked to see us in January. I hope the visa is granted before then or I guess she may have to spend a day in New Zealand. It would just mean an extra expense.
Hi katieStar I am going to new Zealand tomorrow to get my visa and we have to stay 5 days they told us not to ring the embassy for 2 days they said it could be done in 3 days but they couldnt guarantee it so we are going for 5 mon to friday to be safe, with the flight and hotel its costing us another $2,000 but we didnt have a choice we didnt want to go back to the UK hope things go well for your mum.
regards Janet
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

deci will become famous soon enoughdeci will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
thanks for that. what date was your acknowledgment? so it has taken just less than 9 months for you to get your case officer and requests?

congratulations to you
xx
Our acknowledgement date was 10th Feb 06, so it seems to be average waiting time.
Linda and John
Old Dec 3rd 2006, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi everyone

it is great news to hear about the medical requests coming through. we had our acknowledgement letter on the 26th of march 06 so hopefully not long until the medical requests now. we have got a buyer for our house so fingers crossed things should really be happening in the new year for us. it feels like it as taken forever to get this far. regards to you all
lorraine
Old Dec 7th 2006, 12:53 am
Just Joined

mumoftwins is a jewel in the roughmumoftwins is a jewel in the roughmumoftwins is a jewel in the roughmumoftwins is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by lorraine111
hi everyone

it is great news to hear about the medical requests coming through. we had our acknowledgement letter on the 26th of march 06 so hopefully not long until the medical requests now. we have got a buyer for our house so fingers crossed things should really be happening in the new year for us. it feels like it as taken forever to get this far. regards to you all
lorraine
Hi to everyone,
Just to let you know WE HAVE ARRIVED IN PERTH AT LAST, had a great time in HongKong revisiting my past, our twin grandaughters are just so beautiful, the weather is hot and sunny not a cloud in the sky, our new life now begins, we validated our visas early am Tuesday 5th-no great shakes with immigration, don't expect the flags waving-very matter of fact but it was nice to put that X on the form to say emmigrating permanently.
Bye for now,
Carol
Old Dec 7th 2006, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Just to give you an update on my parents application:-

Their CO got in touch last week asking for a form 80 for them both which was sent off the very next day. He should have received them by now so we are just waiting on the pre-grant letter............... hope it comes soon, we want to get the flights booked . (Application ack 23/02/06)

Come on POPC get all our visas granted for christmas.......ho ho ho

Cheers
Jane
Old Dec 7th 2006, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

lorraine111 will become famous soon enoughlorraine111 will become famous soon enough
Red face Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

hi jane
keeping everything crossed for you. what a xmas pressie that would be!
regards
lorraine
Old Dec 7th 2006, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

DerekM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Auzziebound
Just to give you an update on my parents application:-

Their CO got in touch last week asking for a form 80 for them both which was sent off the very next day. Come on POPC get all our visas granted for christmas.......ho ho ho

Cheers
Jane
Hi there, you are all doing well now, when I think I had to wait 10 months for a CO!!!!!!!!!!! Lodged 19 th Dec and Co appointed mid Oct. Have you had your AOS interview yet? Or are you on a temp visa? My Form 80's, Form 989 or 929 cant remember (new passport) and all the sponsors proof of settlement docs went off on Monday by DHL and its arrived in Perth now. Big hiccup Monday afternoon when I 'lost' a PCC form! Found it eventually after some stressful moments for both of us.
So thats done , the AOS interview done...............nearly there!
Looking at cars and houses again now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.