Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Old Nov 24th 2006, 12:13 am
  #436  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 25
pinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant futurepinkme has a brilliant future
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
HI not missing it yet seems like I have been away for monthes not weeks how about you.
JANET
Hi Janet,
Wonderful news for you at last!!!! Thanks for letting know about getting the visa done in New Zealand, we still there to do ours. We have been here 9/10/06 on12 month visa doe so much in that time. yes we did download our medicals as we sold our house in Janary people moved in that day. We staying between our three daugthers. I don't miss Poole at all as soon we get our we will buy a house & get on with our life.
Pauline
pinkme is offline  
Old Nov 25th 2006, 6:35 pm
  #437  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Essex - Devon - Charlestown, NSW
Posts: 192
budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi Pauline we got the email today to say that the visa has been granted we have to give them at least 3 days notice of where we want to have it issued and we have to be in New Zealand for 5 days it says in the email that it can take up to 5 days it could be issued in 3 but we cant take the risk so we will fly on the Monday and come back Friday
regards Janet.
Hi Janet, what a wonderfully exciting time you are having!!! Hope the wedding went well - amazing how it has all come together at last after all those anxious months of waiting. Keep posting about your new life down under!!! It is good to hear how things are working out for everyone. We have the shippers coming into pack Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of this coming week and on 4th December - we will be "homeless" but well on our our way to do the round of goodbyes before leaving for Oz in January!!
Looking forward to hearing about the house-hunting!! Regards Linda
budababes is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2006, 2:24 am
  #438  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 244
Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by pinkme
Hi Janet,
Wonderful news for you at last!!!! Thanks for letting know about getting the visa done in New Zealand, we still there to do ours. We have been here 9/10/06 on12 month visa doe so much in that time. yes we did download our medicals as we sold our house in Janary people moved in that day. We staying between our three daugthers. I don't miss Poole at all as soon we get our we will buy a house & get on with our life.
Pauline
Nice to hear some good news on the CPV front....
Hope you dont mind the question....how long from application to grant?

Karen
Vinny van Gogh is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:09 am
  #439  
BE Enthusiast
 
tabby's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Wello Point, Bayside, Brisbane & Loving It !!!
Posts: 932
tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
Nice to hear some good news on the CPV front....
Hope you dont mind the question....how long from application to grant?

Karen
Applied 14/06/2006 and not yet been granted
tabby is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:15 am
  #440  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 244
Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by tabby
Applied 14/06/2006 and not yet been granted
Sorry .. I seem to have got mixed up.. I was reading that FRAYNE had got the CP visa and was heading to NZ to validate. I thought it might give an indication of process times.
My other half usually does this..but he's watching the Ashes cricket...in betwen wailing and moaning - seems the UK team is having a bad time!

Karen
Vinny van Gogh is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:22 am
  #441  
BE Enthusiast
 
tabby's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Wello Point, Bayside, Brisbane & Loving It !!!
Posts: 932
tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
Sorry .. I seem to have got mixed up.. I was reading that FRAYNE had got the CP visa and was heading to NZ to validate. I thought it might give an indication of process times.
My other half usually does this..but he's watching the Ashes cricket...in betwen wailing and moaning - seems the UK team is having a bad time!

Karen
No worries !!!

Janet (FRAYNE) applied in Nov'05 and was granted in Nov'06 A year is about standard if you have all your form and stuff ready to go before being requested .

When did you get a letter of acknowledgement from DIMA ???
tabby is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:29 am
  #442  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 244
Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by tabby
No worries !!!

Janet (FRAYNE) applied in Nov'05 and was granted in Nov'06 A year is about standard if you have all your form and stuff ready to go before being requested .

When did you get a letter of acknowledgement from DIMA ???
Thanks for that...I gather Arthur has been chasing up and down the forum for a while now gathering information..we cannot even apply until 3/6/2007..two years after our daughter settled in Sydney. WHich is where we are now - living the life so to speak - for a few more weeks before going back to sort out the paper work and selling up.
We are due to see an agent in Sydney next week to check things out and if we get all this lot sorted out..the plan is to come back on a 12 month visa and then nip over to NZ to validate. All sounds so easy ....sad thing is we found a beautiful house for sale up the coast - it wont hang around for us coming back!

Karen
Vinny van Gogh is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2006, 3:40 am
  #443  
BE Enthusiast
 
tabby's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Wello Point, Bayside, Brisbane & Loving It !!!
Posts: 932
tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh
Thanks for that...I gather Arthur has been chasing up and down the forum for a while now gathering information..we cannot even apply until 3/6/2007..two years after our daughter settled in Sydney. WHich is where we are now - living the life so to speak - for a few more weeks before going back to sort out the paper work and selling up.
We are due to see an agent in Sydney next week to check things out and if we get all this lot sorted out..the plan is to come back on a 12 month visa and then nip over to NZ to validate. All sounds so easy ....sad thing is we found a beautiful house for sale up the coast - it wont hang around for us coming back!

Karen
That 6 months will soon fly , you could apply for a 18 months visa as you have to take a 2nd set of meds for anything 12 months and over anyway which would mean you could take a risk and come here as soon as you apply !!

Also while taking risks if you did find a house and fell in love as long as it is brand new and not been lived in you can get permission to by from the FIRB ( I think ) without a visa , money willing of course

Is there a reason for using an agent ?? I would say the forms are easy to fill out once you get your head round them and you would have to still fill them out with an agent anyway !!!
tabby is offline  
Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:49 am
  #444  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 244
Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

[QUOTE=tabby]That 6 months will soon fly , you could apply for a 18 months visa QUOTE]
Hi again and thanks for your reply.
We have not heard of the 18 month visa being available. A visa agent in the UK told us we could only apply for 6,9 or 12 months visitor visa. The 12 month visa giving us more time in Oz rather than sit sulking in the UK!

Karen
Vinny van Gogh is offline  
Old Nov 27th 2006, 7:41 pm
  #445  
BE Enthusiast
 
tabby's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Wello Point, Bayside, Brisbane & Loving It !!!
Posts: 932
tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

[QUOTE=Vinny van Gogh]
Originally Posted by tabby
That 6 months will soon fly , you could apply for a 18 months visa QUOTE]
Hi again and thanks for your reply.
We have not heard of the 18 month visa being available. A visa agent in the UK told us we could only apply for 6,9 or 12 months visitor visa. The 12 month visa giving us more time in Oz rather than sit sulking in the UK!

Karen
Hi Karen

Sorry for the delay in the reply , I phoned the DIMIA yesterday to check about the different visas and they did not give me a defiant answer, so while you are here I would suggest going into the DIMIA office in the city and ask over the counter.

The other thing I found out was if you are hear on a 1 year tourist visa and you ( for which you need an extra set of meds think they cost mum and dad an extra £30 each) and your PCC or meds run out in that yyearthe DIMIA will eextendmeds by 3 months and PCC by 6 months so they ddo notneed to be re-done ( if meds are cat a pass)

Sorry for any confusion , but as you can see they never , never give a straight answer
tabby is offline  
Old Nov 27th 2006, 9:49 pm
  #446  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 244
Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

[QUOTE=tabby]
Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh

Hi Karen

Sorry for the delay in the reply , I phoned the DIMIA yesterday to check about the different visas and they did not give me a defiant answer, so while you are here I would suggest going into the DIMIA office in the city and ask over the counter.

The other thing I found out was if you are hear on a 1 year tourist visa and you ( for which you need an extra set of meds think they cost mum and dad an extra £30 each) and your PCC or meds run out in that yyearthe DIMIA will eextendmeds by 3 months and PCC by 6 months so they ddo notneed to be re-done ( if meds are cat a pass)

Sorry for any confusion , but as you can see they never , never give a straight answer
Hi Tracy,
Thanks for taking time and effort to get that info. After my post, Arthur scoured the Dima site ( least I think thats what he said) and could only find forms 48 and 48R. These relate to the 6-9-12months visa, the difference is for a 12 month visa, there are a few additional requirements-medicals being just one.

Apparently Arthur found a similar CPV thread on Go Matilda and an old post from last year indicated problems with step children.
So in addition to your suggestion about the DIMIA office in Sydney, we are taking a "initial consultaion" with a local agent to go through the details.

As it is - unless the process time extends greatly, our plan is to get everything ready prior to Application Day -submit and then send in the police and medicals after 3 - 4 months and with luck and timing, sell up and come back over on a 12 month visa, "nip over" to NZ to validate - buy house in Coffs Harbour ( although the house bit should happne sooner!)
So we will be keeping tabs ( no pun intended) on this thread. Reports say that higher wages are or will affect employers bringing in those on Skills visa in favour of taking on Aussie's apparently the complaint is its keeping wages low.( its all Greek to me!) Anyway, if it happens it may mean less visa application to process and a quicker CPV process time.
Sorry to waffle on. Thanks again and one day we should meet in a central location.

Karen
Vinny van Gogh is offline  
Old Nov 28th 2006, 6:50 am
  #447  
BE Enthusiast
 
tabby's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: Wello Point, Bayside, Brisbane & Loving It !!!
Posts: 932
tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

[QUOTE=Vinny van Gogh]
Originally Posted by tabby

Hi Tracy,
Thanks for taking time and effort to get that info. After my post, Arthur scoured the Dima site ( least I think thats what he said) and could only find forms 48 and 48R. These relate to the 6-9-12months visa, the difference is for a 12 month visa, there are a few additional requirements-medicals being just one.

Apparently Arthur found a similar CPV thread on Go Matilda and an old post from last year indicated problems with step children.
So in addition to your suggestion about the DIMIA office in Sydney, we are taking a "initial consultaion" with a local agent to go through the details.

As it is - unless the process time extends greatly, our plan is to get everything ready prior to Application Day -submit and then send in the police and medicals after 3 - 4 months and with luck and timing, sell up and come back over on a 12 month visa, "nip over" to NZ to validate - buy house in Coffs Harbour ( although the house bit should happne sooner!)
So we will be keeping tabs ( no pun intended) on this thread. Reports say that higher wages are or will affect employers bringing in those on Skills visa in favour of taking on Aussie's apparently the complaint is its keeping wages low.( its all Greek to me!) Anyway, if it happens it may mean less visa application to process and a quicker CPV process time.
Sorry to waffle on. Thanks again and one day we should meet in a central location.

Karen
No worries at all glad to help, although my name is Martin ( should learn to sign my post )

I believe that step children do count if they children of the person you are moving her with ( I think )

If you need any help or advise please just Pm me and I will do all I can to help

Also if you decided to go it alone just call and I will help you fill out the forms etc......

Good Luck

Martin
tabby is offline  
Old Nov 28th 2006, 8:59 pm
  #448  
BE Enthusiast
 
FRAYNE's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
Posts: 788
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by budababes
Hi Janet, what a wonderfully exciting time you are having!!! Hope the wedding went well - amazing how it has all come together at last after all those anxious months of waiting. Keep posting about your new life down under!!! It is good to hear how things are working out for everyone. We have the shippers coming into pack Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of this coming week and on 4th December - we will be "homeless" but well on our our way to do the round of goodbyes before leaving for Oz in January!!
Looking forward to hearing about the house-hunting!! Regards Linda
Hi Linda well we had a wonderful time at the wedding and the happy couple are now in Bali on honeymoon in a private villa with a cook and maid to do everything for them,I had a text yesterday from my daughter in law and she said it was paradise.
We had a look at quite a few properties when we went up to taree for the wedding , Nelson bay, Anna bay and a few other places the rental price varied 250 to 350 a week some of them were really grubby,we decided to look round Forster we had been there before on a previous holiday and we found a lovely 4 bed bungalow on the keys with its own jetty Derek says he will have to get a boat,we are moving in on the 11Dec.
Our container has arrived in Sydney and we are just waiting for it to clear customs so hopefully we will be settled by Xmas.
I will let you all know how we get on in New Zealand next week,good luck with the packers we had Whites and they did a great job.
Regards Janet
FRAYNE is offline  
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:19 pm
  #449  
Account Closed
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 244
Vinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud ofVinny van Gogh has much to be proud of
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

[QUOTE=tabby]
Originally Posted by Vinny van Gogh

No worries at all glad to help, although my name is Martin ( should learn to sign my post )

I believe that step children do count if they children of the person you are moving her with ( I think )

If you need any help or advise please just Pm me and I will do all I can to help

Also if you decided to go it alone just call and I will help you fill out the forms etc......

Good Luck

Martin

Ooooops on name, saw "Martin & Tracy" and thought it more polite than a username - just picked the wrong one! Thanks for all advice offer to help.
One of the reasons Arthur and I have "tormented" everybody for advice is that we have been involved with visa-speak since our daughter Kate and her partner asked us - "Do you mind if we emigrate to Oz"..theres another story which I will skip but that was 2002. We followed them through the stages with their agent. Their agent gave us one lot of information on the CPV - It was that two year wait that we tried to avoid...( I know -you cannot!)
We saw an advert in a national newspaper from another agent. On the telephone he advised -get this, - go to Oz - submit CPV - it will be rejected - appeal and due to the length of time this takes...a visa will be granted anyway cos the government want your money.
Now we were ready to grasp any straw...but even to us this sounded totally cuckoo and the last thing we wanted to be confrontational with authority.
Since then we are on our third stay in Sydney and have goained lots of factual information , help and advice from the nice people on this forum thread. Thanks to you all - and stand by for more questions as we progress !!!!

Karen
Vinny van Gogh is offline  
Old Nov 28th 2006, 9:35 pm
  #450  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Location: Essex - Devon - Charlestown, NSW
Posts: 192
budababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura aboutbudababes has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: for the contributory parents who had thread closed

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi Linda well we had a wonderful time at the wedding and the happy couple are now in Bali on honeymoon in a private villa with a cook and maid to do everything for them,I had a text yesterday from my daughter in law and she said it was paradise.
We had a look at quite a few properties when we went up to taree for the wedding , Nelson bay, Anna bay and a few other places the rental price varied 250 to 350 a week some of them were really grubby,we decided to look round Forster we had been there before on a previous holiday and we found a lovely 4 bed bungalow on the keys with its own jetty Derek says he will have to get a boat,we are moving in on the 11Dec.
Our container has arrived in Sydney and we are just waiting for it to clear customs so hopefully we will be settled by Xmas.
I will let you all know how we get on in New Zealand next week,good luck with the packers we had Whites and they did a great job.
Regards Janet
Hi Janet, so glad all went well with the wedding! Whew - you made it eh? after all the long wait for the visa etc. Well now you can enjoy settling into your new way of life Down Under.
We have had packers in today to start packing our worldly goods for shipping. Going with Allied Pickfords and so far am very impressed. Very efficient, cheerful and helpful and getting on with the job. Did you tip your guys? If so how much do you think is justifiable if the job is done well? (hoping, of course that everything arrives in good condition etc). Your property find sounds good! It would be fun to meet up in the new year when we finally arrive in Oz. Flights booked for 10th January arriving in Sydney 12th. Can't wait to meet the family - "bump" due on 28th Jan!!!! We are leaving Devon on Tuesday 5th December after house completes. Then the goodbyes will begin in ernest!! Our dear old collie Gem has gone to her new home with some friends of ours and she is being spoilt rotten!! Miss her terribly but it is the best decision considering her age etc. She has settled well with our friends and is living in doggie paradise with loads of land for exercise and lots of attention and TLC so..... Regards Linda
budababes is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.