Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Wikiposts

Comfortably numb......

Old May 6th 2011, 9:43 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You could afford a pencil then? I'm surprised you haven't got it tattooed there - and I really believe when you die it'll be like Queen Mary, only instead of Calais they will find LEEEEDS inscribed on your heart
At the time i thought LEEEEEEDS were sponsored by a company called 'FEED ME',cause that's what my mum had written on the back of m 'skin shirt'
Old May 6th 2011, 9:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
At the time i thought LEEEEEEDS were sponsored by a company called 'FEED ME',cause that's what my mum had written on the back of m 'skin shirt'

I have this image of you back then, running around looking pale and small and hungry, bit like Mark Lester in Oliver - people taking pity on you cos you were so lickle and frail You wouldn't have needed the dog on a bit of string, passers-by would've taken pity on you anyway!
Old May 6th 2011, 10:43 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

I have this image of you back then, running around looking pale and small and hungry, bit like Mark Lester in Oliver - people taking pity on you cos you were so lickle and frail You wouldn't have needed the dog on a bit of string, passers-by would've taken pity on you anyway!
Oh our poor dog,how we used to beat her,in the end we had to eat Thatcher AND the string
Old May 6th 2011, 10:53 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oh our poor dog,how we used to beat her,in the end we had to eat Thatcher AND the string
You called your dog Thatcher?
Old May 6th 2011, 11:35 pm
FREE TIBET

You called your dog Thatcher?
Nobody could be that cruel to a dog
Old May 6th 2011, 11:50 pm
Home and Happy

Nobody could be that cruel to a dog
Well I did wonder.........wouldn't have wanted to eat Maggie Thatcher either though - bit tough and stringy, surely!
Old May 7th 2011, 4:29 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Well I did wonder.........wouldn't have wanted to eat Maggie Thatcher either though - bit tough and stringy, surely!
Leave the Marvelous Maggie out of it

Meds done and they ranked high on the incompetent scale 1&1/2 hours past appointment time and they only just asked us for our forms. Once they got their arse in gear they were pretty quick but 4 hours for 2 kids to just sit around is extracting the urine

Oh well nowt to do but sit and wait now

Good wins today for Forest and Leeds now bring on Swansea could do with a day out to Wembley, as Arsenal won't make it
Old May 7th 2011, 4:42 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
Leave the Marvelous Maggie out of it

Meds done and they ranked high on the incompetent scale 1&1/2 hours past appointment time and they only just asked us for our forms. Once they got their arse in gear they were pretty quick but 4 hours for 2 kids to just sit around is extracting the urine

Oh well nowt to do but sit and wait now

Good wins today for Forest and Leeds now bring on Swansea could do with a day out to Wembley, as Arsenal won't make it
Must have been hellish for the kids, still as you say at least they're done now........more waiting coming up!

As for the football, from what I've just seen they were both brilliant matches, but then what do I know, I'm not a real fan after all

You aiming for a playoff seat at Wembley? Lucky thing, enjoy
Old May 7th 2011, 4:50 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Must have been hellish for the kids, still as you say at least they're done now........more waiting coming up!

As for the football, from what I've just seen they were both brilliant matches, but then what do I know, I'm not a real fan after all

You aiming for a playoff seat at Wembley? Lucky thing, enjoy
would be nice I've a list of stadia to visit, with lad at least, before pissing off down under. Emirates, Twickers, Trent Bridge and Wembley then hopefully down under for the 2013 Lions tour
Old May 7th 2011, 4:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Andy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
would be nice I've a list of stadia to visit, with lad at least, before pissing off down under. Emirates, Twickers, Trent Bridge and Wembley then hopefully down under for the 2013 Lions tour
If you like stadia, make sure you go and visit the MCG when you get Down Under.

v. impressive, at least I thought so.
Old May 7th 2011, 5:01 am
Shiny Arse Know All

Originally Posted by Andy_P

noted
Old May 7th 2011, 9:44 am
FREE TIBET

Originally Posted by Andy_P

Oh indeed it is
Old May 7th 2011, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Andy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to allAndy_P is a name known to all

Oh indeed it is
I love the fact that Melbournians call it simply 'The G'.

Only the Aussies would abbreviate an abbreviation.
Old May 8th 2011, 3:02 am
It's cos I'm Ginger isn't

GingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to allGingerDom is a name known to all

ARGHHHHH!!!!!

Well and truly grounded in reality now.

AGL have just cut the gas off.

Aug 09 I moved in. Rang AGL who said fine, we'll send you the paperwork to put stuff in your name. Electric has been fine, gas is another matter......

Sept 09 I get a rude letter addressed to the previous tenant threatening to sue her for an unpaid gas bill. Rang AGL who said throw it away, we now have an account in your name.

Oct 09 Ditto

November 09 I get a rude letter addressed to the previous tenant threatening to sue her for an unpaid gas bill. Rang AGL who said throw it away, all the gas going to that property is on a shared account paid by the landlord as there is a joint water heater shared with the next unit. You don't need to pay anything.

Yesterday I get back to find a letter from AGL addressed to the previous tenant telling her the gas will be cut off unless she rings them by 3 days ago.
So I rang AGL who said of course you need an account why didn't you open one in August 2009.....throw the letter away, we will open you an account, and we will NOT disconnect the supply. I give them all my details and they give me an account number.

I get up this morning and guess what? No gas. They have cut it off.
So I ring AGL who say they haven't disconnected it. So I point out that in that case they need to find out who else has put a padlock on the meter.
They tell me to ring the service line and give me a number which goes through to an Indian sounding gentleman who claims his name is Fred and he only deals with commercial gas leaks.
So I ring AGL back and they tell me that they have indeed cut the gas off due to non-payment of the bill. So I ask "ÖK where's the effing bill and how big is it?" and she says "Oh we can't tell you that because you only opened an account with us yesterday!!!!!"

Holy mother of God give me strength!!!

So they now assure me that they will get the gas reconnected today....probably......or Monday ...... possibly.........and will send me a bill backdated to August 2009.
It also transpires that the hot water heater is indeed shared - with the unit next door - and is billed to THIS unit. So she suggests I speak to the tenant next door about splitting the cost....back to August 2009. Small problem. The guy next door only moved in a few months ago. The previous tenant has moved out to live with his lorry driving boyfriend and not left a forwarding address. So when they do finally produce a bill it seems I will have to pay for all the hot water he used as well as my own.........

I had been really good since I got back and drunk nothing but coffee....... that's one resolution now out of the window then!

(and sorry BB I know I promised to try not to whinge, but this one deserves a good rant!)

Hang on.......so why are you liable to pay the gas bill that will be backdated to 09, if they only opened an account in YOUR NAME recenty???
Old May 8th 2011, 3:36 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by GingerDom
Hang on.......so why are you liable to pay the gas bill that will be backdated to 09, if they only opened an account in YOUR NAME recenty???
Because I moved in back in August 09 - as they know cos the oopened an electric account at that time, its just the gas department that are idiots!! They can verify that with the letting agents, so I wouldn;'t get out of paying it.

My landlord with his trusty bag of screwdrivers has fixed the water heater anyway, so I do now have hot water at last!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.