Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Comfortably numb......

Wikiposts

Comfortably numb......

Old May 5th 2011, 3:49 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Comfortably numb......

Originally Posted by Pollyana

I'm just fuming at their incompetence! nearly two years I've been trying to get them to set up an account for me and their only response has been repeated letters to a previous tenant - which they then advise me to chuck in the bin
I have absolutely no faith in them reconnecting the place before Monday so I shall have no hot water till then Good thing I now have two kettles, at least i can boil double the amount at a time
Scary thing is I've also been getting letters like those (and they've also been telling me to chuck them in the bin) in addition to the elec and gas bills that I'm paying.

I was thinking that: Monday if you're lucky.
Old May 5th 2011, 3:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Scary thing is I've also been getting letters like those (and they've also been telling me to chuck them in the bin) in addition to the elec and gas bills that I'm paying.

I was thinking that: Monday if you're lucky.
At least you are getting bills, so they have sorted you an account
I'm quite prepared for a good old slanging match with them on Monday......
Old May 5th 2011, 4:07 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

At least you are getting bills, so they have sorted you an account
I'm quite prepared for a good old slanging match with them on Monday......
Can't you get on their case about it to make sure it's done today? There's still several hours left for them to sort it.
Old May 5th 2011, 4:10 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Can't you get on their case about it to make sure it's done today? There's still several hours left for them to sort it.
Trouble is she said it'll probably be one of the last jobs on the list due to the late notice of the account being opened so its whether they get to it or not - and as I'm on nights I can't hang around to find out....grrrrr........I said if 2 years isn't enough notice that I need an account, I give up!

BREATHE!!!!!! 130 days to go to my next dose of sanity!!
Old May 5th 2011, 7:22 pm
Home and Happy

Update - they have just been and turned the gas back on. No hot water. So I ring AGL......who say "we have no record of your gas being turned off so we can't send out anyone to turn the water on again cos its nothing to do with us!"
I said "so the man wearing an AGL badge and driving an AGL van isn't from AGL?"
"Yes, he's our driver but the file says the diconnection was cancelled so we can't do anything about it. Ring your letting agant on Monday.
ARGHHHHHH

Anyway as I was leaving my dodgy East European landlord turned up to mow the lawn so he is going to take a screwdriver to the water heater.......knowing my luck I'll come home in the morning and the place will have exploded
Old May 5th 2011, 8:00 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Update - they have just been and turned the gas back on. No hot water. So I ring AGL......who say "we have no record of your gas being turned off so we can't send out anyone to turn the water on again cos its nothing to do with us!"
"Yes, he's our driver but the file says the diconnection was cancelled so we can't do anything about it. Ring your letting agant on Monday.
ARGHHHHHH

Anyway as I was leaving my dodgy East European landlord turned up to mow the lawn so he is going to take a screwdriver to the water heater.......knowing my luck I'll come home in the morning and the place will have exploded
I see incompetence is truely global!! Although at least the rioting in Bristol seems to have stopped now you've left
Old May 5th 2011, 8:49 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
I see incompetence is truely global!! Although at least the rioting in Bristol seems to have stopped now you've left
yeah the only rioting in Bristol now is the kids weeping cos I've gone and taken my wallet with me
Old May 5th 2011, 8:50 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

yeah the only rioting in Bristol now is the kids weeping cos I've gone and taken my wallet with me
you've probably put the growth figures back into the minuses, get yer arse back here
Old May 5th 2011, 8:52 pm
Home and Happy

you've probably put the growth figures back into the minuses, get yer arse back here
I'm working on it.....
Old May 5th 2011, 8:55 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

I'm working on it.....
advance warning and a meetup might be possible, Rasen dying to meet up
Old May 5th 2011, 9:12 pm
Home and Happy

advance warning and a meetup might be possible, Rasen dying to meet up
Does she know what she's letting herself in for!! Back late Sept/early October, hoping to catch up with the Barfly so maybe we can all sort something out together, depending on what he's up to by then of course...........

Last edited by Pollyana; May 8th 2011 at 3:31 am.
Old May 5th 2011, 9:28 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

Does she know what she's letting herself in for!! Back late Sept/early October, hoping to catch up with the Barfly so maybe we can all sort something out together...........
right hedge trimmed now time for a haircut

wonder if a thread on the cost of a barber has been done yet
Old May 5th 2011, 9:33 pm
Home and Happy

Try this one

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=cost+haircut
Old May 5th 2011, 9:35 pm
Banned

ARGHHHHHH

The incompetance is staggering Sounds like the company should be renamed AGHell
Old May 5th 2011, 9:36 pm
Banned

All I'll say is this: Bring your hair trimmer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.