Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Oct 9th 2014, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Hello everyone! My application was sent and (according to royal mail tracking) received in Mississauga two weeks ago, I was just wondering whether there was a general consensus on if/when I'll hear anything about them receiving it? I'm a natural worrier, and although the rational part of my brain says it's all fine, the worrier is imagining it lost in a puddle or something lol. We tried logging into the online application status checker using our receipt number but nothing came up. Am I worrying entirely too soon already? hehehe
Old Oct 9th 2014, 6:21 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patterson
Hello everyone! My application was sent and (according to royal mail tracking) received in Mississauga two weeks ago, I was just wondering whether there was a general consensus on if/when I'll hear anything about them receiving it? I'm a natural worrier, and although the rational part of my brain says it's all fine, the worrier is imagining it lost in a puddle or something lol. We tried logging into the online application status checker using our receipt number but nothing came up. Am I worrying entirely too soon already? hehehe
If you sent it by courier/tracking, then that's the only acknowledgement you'll get. The next you will hear from CIC will either be sponsor approval, or a request for more information. You can usually only log into ECAS after you have sponsor approval as well.

Also, I don't see you on the spreadsheet... the best thanks you can give to the forum is adding yourself so that there's more data. If you want to be added, then let me know:
-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!
Old Oct 9th 2014, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Patterson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
If you sent it by courier/tracking, then that's the only acknowledgement you'll get. The next you will hear from CIC will either be sponsor approval, or a request for more information. You can usually only log into ECAS after you have sponsor approval as well.

Also, I don't see you on the spreadsheet... the best thanks you can give to the forum is adding yourself so that there's more data. If you want to be added, then let me know:
-Date application received in Mississauga
-Whether you applied as Married or Common-Law
-Date of sponsor approval
-Which office is processing Phase 2 of your application (will say on your sponsor approval letter/email)
-Date(s) of any other requests you've had
-Whether or not the principal applicant is non-visa exempt
-Current location of the principal applicant- closest major city is fine if you don't want to be too specific!
Ok, well we sent it tracked delivery so I'll just slow my roll and wait it out! Thanks! I was on the spreadsheet last I checked, Patterson, last one added on the list for 2014?
Old Oct 9th 2014, 8:28 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patterson
Ok, well we sent it tracked delivery so I'll just slow my roll and wait it out! Thanks! I was on the spreadsheet last I checked, Patterson, last one added on the list for 2014?
We had a pot luck at work today and I ate way too much food and I'm basically food-drunk.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

AtlanticMoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully I can write this without passing out with excitement but I recieved a email requesting two photos and passport scan so my COPR can be issued!!

Feels amazing to be close to the end - I'm so damn happy!

Does it usually take a long time to issue it after receiving the photos ?

Last edited by AtlanticMoose; Oct 9th 2014 at 11:16 pm. Reason: Phone spelling errors!
Old Oct 10th 2014, 12:55 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by AtlanticMoose
Hopefully I can write this without passing out with excitement but I recieved a email requesting two photos and passport scan so my COPR can be issued!!

Feels amazing to be close to the end - I'm so damn happy!

Does it usually take a long time to issue it after receiving the photos ?
Passport Request is the equivalent of Decision Made, so CONGRATS!!! They request your passport and pictures when they are ready to issue your COPR, if they need updated info (They don't always) but as your email suggested, they are ready to issue COPR, so that's a Decision Made equivalent!!

BTW, which office processed you? It would have been on your sponsor approval letter/email. I'm missing that column for you!

Congratulations!! Don't forget to let us know when COPR arrives!!
Old Oct 10th 2014, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Yay! Thank you! Myself and my wife almost couldn't believe it when we saw the email.. feels so long since we started the process!

Had a look at the sponsor email and the address listed is mississauga, which is strange since it says about being sent abroad to the visa post?
Old Oct 10th 2014, 1:56 pm
Concierge

Yay! Thank you! Myself and my wife almost couldn't believe it when we saw the email.. feels so long since we started the process!

Had a look at the sponsor email and the address listed is mississauga, which is strange since it says about being sent abroad to the visa post?
Not strange at all. I'm guessing you have't been following this thread too closely - London is picking up the backlog from the Islamabad office; applications that would normally go to Islamabad are being sent directly to London for processing. As a result, applications from people who normally apply through London (Brits, Irish, Danish, etc) are finding their applications are being kept in Mississauga or forwarded to Ottawa instead of being forwarded to London. Interestingly, the applications being kept in Canada appear to be being processed pretty quickly as compared to London... we are tracking the differences on the spreadsheet. Column E has the office processing the application, and I just added a stats box under the details on the 2014 tab "Applications By Office" that has the breakdown. Mississauga definitely seems to be the quickest office right now...
Old Oct 10th 2014, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Smile re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Ahh now it makes sense then! Now I feel somewhat lucky that it was kept in Canada! A outland inland if you will

5 months and two weeks is certainly faster than I had hoped for, just need to go get my photos done today and get it sent off.

Thank you for your hard work with the spreadsheet it's been a constant source of info and relief for me
Old Oct 10th 2014, 2:07 pm
Concierge

Ahh now it makes sense then! Now I feel somewhat lucky that it was kept in Canada! A outland inland if you will

5 months and two weeks is certainly faster than I had hoped for, just need to go get my photos done today and get it sent off.

Thank you for your hard work with the spreadsheet it's been a constant source of info and relief for me
Happy to help. It's my hobby on the side, I am a nerd for data stuff so I enjoy doing it!

Get those pics sent and don't forget to let us know when COPR arrives so we can complete your line for good!

Have some bubbles tonight to celebrate!
Old Oct 10th 2014, 2:12 pm
Forum Regular

Oh we will for sure!

I do have a little question regarding this appendix B form that goes with the photos, do I list my wife's details on it as well ? Or just my own ?
Old Oct 10th 2014, 2:14 pm
Concierge

Oh we will for sure!

I do have a little question regarding this appendix B form that goes with the photos, do I list my wife's details on it as well ? Or just my own ?
I believe it's just your own, the pics if I'm not mistaken are for the COPR and PR card.
Old Oct 10th 2014, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

That makes sense just thought I'd ask since it has the usual principle applicant and then spouse underneath, I suppose that's for when a wife is also immigrating !
Old Oct 10th 2014, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

Mary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond reputeMary louise has a reputation beyond repute

The big stuff done and dusted at last - COPR arrived in the post last week, we went to the border crossing at Abbotsford, BC - 30 mins away - went to USA side, told them i was flagpoling, sent back to Canadian side to land, saw a very nice immigration officer who explained everything, stapled my COPR into my passport and sent us on our way - all done in 45 mins.

Thank you to everyone for their help and guidance. Much appreciated - you do a great job.

Just need to find all the threads on how to get UK TV now...
Old Oct 11th 2014, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

psynergy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Not strange at all. I'm guessing you have't been following this thread too closely - London is picking up the backlog from the Islamabad office; applications that would normally go to Islamabad are being sent directly to London for processing. As a result, applications from people who normally apply through London (Brits, Irish, Danish, etc) are finding their applications are being kept in Mississauga or forwarded to Ottawa instead of being forwarded to London. Interestingly, the applications being kept in Canada appear to be being processed pretty quickly as compared to London... we are tracking the differences on the spreadsheet. Column E has the office processing the application, and I just added a stats box under the details on the 2014 tab "Applications By Office" that has the breakdown. Mississauga definitely seems to be the quickest office right now...
OK, so this is starting to worry me.

Quick recap: Had zero written contact from anyone since we submitted. I've had to chase information down from CIC from day 1, despite our contact details being correct. ECAS says decision made on my permanent residence application, but CIC won't even discuss if the thing has been sent to London or not. Called so many times that I'm convinced there's a not on my Client ID saying I'm trouble.

With this new information, I'm really worried that our application is FINISHED, and they've tried (or failed) to send us the email asking for updated deets, photos etc.

I'm really starting to lose it. We're going to call on Tuesday (with my girlfriend doing the talking after I use my CID to get past the robot) to see if we can make any progress.

Any advice on the right questions to ask? When did this London deal come to light? How would I find out what office our application has been sent to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.