Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old Jul 11th 2014, 3:23 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by AtlanticMoose
Just noticed this morning that ECAS caught up and changed to decision made, only took a few days which is surprising!

I do have a question though, in the guide section it gives you a break down on what each one means and I see that file sent to visa office is listed Above decision made in order. Does that mean it's already been sent or is it just not in any particular order?

I wish CIC was clearer on its guides I always feel so confused hah.
Nothing with ECAS surprises me anymore, haha.

I'm not sure which order it's supposed to go in, though - not sure if they present the updates chronologically, or if they put the newest on top. In any case you know SA came through and yoru file has been transferred to London.
Old Jul 11th 2014, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

AtlanticMoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to know it's not just me

I have this irrational fear of forgotten dusty filing cabinets in the CPC and my file keeping it company!!
Old Jul 11th 2014, 5:34 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

I have this irrational fear of forgotten dusty filing cabinets in the CPC and my file keeping it company!!
Irrational fears are all part of this process I think!... fear of files getting lost, your beloved possessions ending up in the sea after falling off the container ship.. and so on
Old Jul 11th 2014, 8:23 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to know it's not just me

If it makes you feel better - the visa offices all use open lateral file systems!
Old Jul 11th 2014, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Jim that helps a bit!

I assume they digitalise the app and supporting docs to send to London?
Old Jul 11th 2014, 9:28 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Jim that helps a bit!

I assume they digitalise the app and supporting docs to send to London?
Old Jul 11th 2014, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

Guess I'm being hopeful on that one?
Old Jul 11th 2014, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Ashpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose I should include our info for the spreadsheet, too!

Married application, delivered to Mississauga by Canada Post on June 13th!

Hopefully we can add sponsor approval soon!
Old Jul 11th 2014, 11:00 pm
Just Joined

itiswhatitis is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Okay added. What docs were missing in the first instance, btw? Useful to know that. Also, was your whole app returned, or just a request for the missing form(s)?
We forgot to add the IMM008DEP with "N/A" written on it. They sent back the entire package for us to resubmit after including this page. My suggestion for for anyone putting this together is have someone who's not worked hours and hours on putting the package together to go through it with the checklist! You see the forms over and over again and you just want to get them in the mail and you can miss something.
Old Jul 11th 2014, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

Ashpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond reputeAshpo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by itiswhatitis
We forgot to add the IMM008DEP with "N/A" written on it. They sent back the entire package for us to resubmit after including this page. My suggestion for for anyone putting this together is have someone who's not worked hours and hours on putting the package together to go through it with the checklist! You see the forms over and over again and you just want to get them in the mail and you can miss something.
Oh no. You actually have to include this with "N/A" even though it says to include if you have more than 5 family members?
AGH!
Old Jul 12th 2014, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure thats the only reason they returned it? I never submitted it and it wasnt a problem. It even says 'to be completed by you have more than 5 family members'.
Old Jul 12th 2014, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

prairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond reputeprairiechicken has a reputation beyond repute

Woohoo! We have COPR, postmarked 10th July

I'm another one who didn't get asked for the history from age 18.

Very very happy to have this in our hands before we fly out to Canada in early August, it didn't matter too much either way, but it's just great to know that this big bit of red tape is done now.

Huge enormous thanks to everyone for all the incredible help and advice here. I have no doubt that I'll continue to have questions, but it's been a great reassurance to be able to get through this bit with the back-up here, it made it way way less scary.
Old Jul 12th 2014, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Stewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond reputeStewart84 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW decision made this morning!
Old Jul 12th 2014, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

I really wasnt expecting this so soon...says they will contact me? Am I just waiting for it in the post?
Old Jul 12th 2014, 12:07 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by prairiechicken
Woohoo! We have COPR, postmarked 10th July

I'm another one who didn't get asked for the history from age 18.

Very very happy to have this in our hands before we fly out to Canada in early August, it didn't matter too much either way, but it's just great to know that this big bit of red tape is done now.

Huge enormous thanks to everyone for all the incredible help and advice here. I have no doubt that I'll continue to have questions, but it's been a great reassurance to be able to get through this bit with the back-up here, it made it way way less scary.
Awesome!! I'm guessing ECAS never went to DM for you? What's your nearest big city, or what city are you in? Trying to fill that in for the 2014 spreadsheet.

Glad you got it and that you didn't have to faff with the history since 18! I wonder if they are lightening up on that.

Originally Posted by Stewart84
Are you sure thats the only reason they returned it? I never submitted it and it wasnt a problem. It even says 'to be completed by you have more than 5 family members'.
I'm wondering this as well. The whole app returned for something they can work outyou don't need anyway, just the extra dependents?

Originally Posted by Stewart84
WOW decision made this morning!
Excellent news!! And super quick, too! Next step is just to wait for COPR in the post, could take as much as 3 weeks, then let us know when it does arrive so it can be added to the spreadsheet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.