Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London

Old May 9th 2015, 2:36 pm
mec
Forum Regular

mec will become famous soon enough
Default re: Timeline For Spousal Sponsorship via London & Inland

Originally Posted by Princesstigger
So, I am at the point of having to apply for yet another extension to my visitor visa. As I am sitting at 10 months, I thought I would ask my MP to politely inquire as to whether there was any chance I might hear something in the next month, thereby saving $100. I may have mentioned the whole Mississauga processing thing, and the fact that it seems unfair 2015 applications are hearing before early to mid 2014 ones.... here is his response.

hmmmmmm we 'KNOW' it is possible, and I requested my GCMS notes at 8 months as I hadn't heard a peep and was worried that I might have been asked for further info, but missed an email. Guess that told me off for doing that. Oh well, I'll crawl back into my hole and continue to wait!
I have a crazy idea.... wait for it.... why not post those dates in ECAS (pre-assessed, due dates etc.)? Think of the time, effort, stress for everyone that would save. We wouldn't have to inconvenience them with ATIP requests...

I agree in the grand scheme of things the process isn't that bad, but the inefficiency of it drives me crazy!
Old May 11th 2015, 7:46 am
Just Joined

hroberts44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Morning all,

My husband's PR application is in process (in Ottawa unfortunately, so it's taking ages!). We are considering just leaving once our house is sold and having him enter with dual intent.

I've read the wiki info and done quite a bit of googling but as this forum as been the best source of advice I've found, I'm hoping that the experts here may be able to offer additional info.

Our situation is:
-I'm Canadian, husband is British
-Married 6 years
-One child, 4 years old (British and Canadian citizenship and passports)
-PR sponsorship has been approved
-We will buy a return ticket for him, one-way tickets for me and our son
-We will have proof of funds
-We will be entering Canada in St. John's, Newfoundland

As long as we're upfront about knowing the regulations and that he will leave if his application is rejected, do you think we'd have a decent chance of getting in? I've seen a lot of contradictory advice online - some saying that if you've been married a long time and have a child, you're likely to get in but others saying that many recent rejections have been spousal...anyone have anything a bit more reliable in terms of knowledge/advice, etc.?

TIA!
Holly
Old May 11th 2015, 2:02 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hroberts44
Morning all,

My husband's PR application is in process (in Ottawa unfortunately, so it's taking ages!). We are considering just leaving once our house is sold and having him enter with dual intent.

I've read the wiki info and done quite a bit of googling but as this forum as been the best source of advice I've found, I'm hoping that the experts here may be able to offer additional info.

Our situation is:
-I'm Canadian, husband is British
-Married 6 years
-One child, 4 years old (British and Canadian citizenship and passports)
-PR sponsorship has been approved
-We will buy a return ticket for him, one-way tickets for me and our son
-We will have proof of funds
-We will be entering Canada in St. John's, Newfoundland

As long as we're upfront about knowing the regulations and that he will leave if his application is rejected, do you think we'd have a decent chance of getting in? I've seen a lot of contradictory advice online - some saying that if you've been married a long time and have a child, you're likely to get in but others saying that many recent rejections have been spousal...anyone have anything a bit more reliable in terms of knowledge/advice, etc.?

TIA!
Holly
I assume you have read the wiki article about Dual Intent, as well as CIC's website on it as well?

To me it sounds like you should be just fine. Make sure you have proof that your have a PR application with you as well - bring your sponsor approval letter, the receipt from paying your fees, and a screenshot of ECAS. Obviously no one can say 100% that your husband will be let in, but it sounds like you are as well prepared as you can be, and you are highly, highly unlikely to have any issues based on that.

PS, if you want to be added to the spreadsheet which is linked in my signature it would be useful - just remember to come back and keep us updated! It's a great way to pay it forward as having more data in there means everyone gets more accurate results overall.
Old May 12th 2015, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

rozzle89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Another update for the spreadsheet, please! I got my request for passport copy and photos today! My ECAS is still saying 'in process', though - that being said, it has been behind for our whole process, so I'm not that surprised! I will check in again when my COPR arrives! Thanks very much!
Old May 12th 2015, 10:58 pm
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rozzle89
Another update for the spreadsheet, please! I got my request for passport copy and photos today! My ECAS is still saying 'in process', though - that being said, it has been behind for our whole process, so I'm not that surprised! I will check in again when my COPR arrives! Thanks very much!

Congratulations
Old May 12th 2015, 11:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rozzle89
Spreadsheet updated! Congrats, should have your COPR fairly soon!
Old May 13th 2015, 4:25 am
Just Joined

rozzle89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Princesstigger
Congratulations
Originally Posted by andrewbrit
Spreadsheet updated! Congrats, should have your COPR fairly soon!
Thanks guys! A bit of a slower one for Mississauga BUT I know on the whole I am very, very lucky to have gotten through in under 6 months! Massive crossed fingers for everybody still waiting it out patiently!
Old May 13th 2015, 7:43 am
Just Joined

hroberts44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I assume you have read the wiki article about Dual Intent, as well as CIC's website on it as well?

To me it sounds like you should be just fine. Make sure you have proof that your have a PR application with you as well - bring your sponsor approval letter, the receipt from paying your fees, and a screenshot of ECAS. Obviously no one can say 100% that your husband will be let in, but it sounds like you are as well prepared as you can be, and you are highly, highly unlikely to have any issues based on that.

PS, if you want to be added to the spreadsheet which is linked in my signature it would be useful - just remember to come back and keep us updated! It's a great way to pay it forward as having more data in there means everyone gets more accurate results overall.
Thanks SchnookoLoly! Yes, I read the Wiki and the info on CIC's website - both gave me a modicum of confidence but I made the mistake of googling further

I'm on the spreadsheet already so I'll update when there is something further to add. Thanks again!
Old May 13th 2015, 11:10 am
Just Joined

MrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond repute

Good morning folks! Checked my email this morning, and lo and behold I received my 1st communication from CIC, I'm so excited I could just pee!!!!

Dear Applicant,
In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.
Marriage Certificate / Licence
The Ontario Record of Solemnization of Marriage, that you have provided is not acceptable, as proof of marriage. Please provide an Ontario Marriage Certificate or fully completed Ontario Marriage Licence. (we actually sent copies of both parts, but that's a detail that I don't mind)
Right of Permanent Residence Fee
Please advise your sponsor to pay this fee in Canada ($490 Cdn). This payment cannot be accepted in the UK. It must be paid in Canada in accordance with the instructions in the sponsorship kit. The receipt should be sent to CPC-Mississauga.
Passport/Travel Document
Your passport is due to expire in August 2015, please provide a copy of the bio data page of your new passport.

Reading further into the email, it states " Please allow four months for us to review incoming correspondence."
Needless to say, this will all be done today. Even although its a request for more info, at least now I know someone has looked at my application.

Last edited by MrsKickasso; May 13th 2015 at 11:22 am.
Old May 13th 2015, 11:46 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsKickasso
Good morning folks! Checked my email this morning, and lo and behold I received my 1st communication from CIC, I'm so excited I could just pee!!!!

Dear Applicant,
In order to continue processing your application, we require the additional documents listed below. Please send clear legible photocopies rather than the original documents unless otherwise specified. If the documents are not written in either English or French, please enclose a certified translation with a photocopy of the original document.
Marriage Certificate / Licence
The Ontario Record of Solemnization of Marriage, that you have provided is not acceptable, as proof of marriage. Please provide an Ontario Marriage Certificate or fully completed Ontario Marriage Licence. (we actually sent copies of both parts, but that's a detail that I don't mind)
Right of Permanent Residence Fee
Please advise your sponsor to pay this fee in Canada ($490 Cdn). This payment cannot be accepted in the UK. It must be paid in Canada in accordance with the instructions in the sponsorship kit. The receipt should be sent to CPC-Mississauga.
Passport/Travel Document
Your passport is due to expire in August 2015, please provide a copy of the bio data page of your new passport.

Reading further into the email, it states " Please allow four months for us to review incoming correspondence."
Needless to say, this will all be done today. Even although its a request for more info, at least now I know someone has looked at my application.
As they are raising your passport, this is your decision made! so you'll be green on the spreadsheet when Andrew surfaces (I'm only on phone today). Send off all that and you should have your COPR in a few weeks! Congrats!
Old May 13th 2015, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

MrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond reputeMrsKickasso has a reputation beyond repute

As they are raising your passport, this is your decision made! so you'll be green on the spreadsheet when Andrew surfaces (I'm only on phone today). Send off all that and you should have your COPR in a few weeks! Congrats!
OMG! OMG! OMG! Seriously?!
Old May 13th 2015, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

andrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond reputeandrewbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsKickasso
OMG! OMG! OMG! Seriously?!
Spreadsheet updated! I am watching your progress with a keen interest as you are a London applicant who applied in September just like me!
Old May 13th 2015, 3:16 pm
mec
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andrewbrit
Spreadsheet updated! I am watching your progress with a keen interest as you are a London applicant who applied in September just like me!
Sorry to be party pooper, but given they are asking for proof of marriage surely this isn't DM yet? That seems a bit of a stretch.

But take relief in the fact they are actively working on the application.
Old May 13th 2015, 3:19 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by mec
Sorry to be party pooper, but given they are asking for proof of marriage surely this isn't DM yet? That seems a bit of a stretch.

But take relief in the fact they are actively working on the application.
If it was marriage cert in isolation I'd agree, but since it's accompanied by RPRF and PPR I'm pretty optimistic. I'd bet if OP ordered the notes, they'd say "conditional approval pending receipt of marriage certificate, RPRF, and passport."

They aren't asking for proof of the relationship, they are just asking for a copy of the marriage certificate. Most people who get married in Ontario send the Cetrificate of Solemnization with the application as that's what they get on the dya, but it takes a few weeks for the actual marriage ertificate to arrive. OP probably should have forwarded that awhile ago, then the request would not have included that, and there would be no doubt that it's a DM email... if they acutally wanted proof of marriage they'd be asking for relationship proof.

So I'm reading htat request as a "conditional" DM.
Old May 13th 2015, 4:48 pm
mec
Forum Regular

If it was marriage cert in isolation I'd agree, but since it's accompanied by RPRF and PPR I'm pretty optimistic. I'd bet if OP ordered the notes, they'd say "conditional approval pending receipt of marriage certificate, RPRF, and passport."

They aren't asking for proof of the relationship, they are just asking for a copy of the marriage certificate. Most people who get married in Ontario send the Cetrificate of Solemnization with the application as that's what they get on the dya, but it takes a few weeks for the actual marriage ertificate to arrive. OP probably should have forwarded that awhile ago, then the request would not have included that, and there would be no doubt that it's a DM email... if they acutally wanted proof of marriage they'd be asking for relationship proof.

So I'm reading htat request as a "conditional" DM.
Well okay then. Lets hope for the best. Good luck MrsKickasso!

I just tend to err on the side of caution and hope to be pleasantly surprised!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.