Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

British Football thread

British Football thread

Old Mar 9th 2004, 3:37 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Webbie
Talking of marriage - Tom and Alannah (Thompson Twins) have unfortunatly just divorced and Tom is moving back to England.
They were top on the VH1 Bands Reunited website poll for getting other bands back together. But after this I'm not so sure it would happen now.
Band members can fall out. Brothers can fall out (AFOS) but when the band members are married then it's a bit more difficult.
Damn, wasnt aware of this, that sucks. They are the only band that I've actually met, they opened an HMV in Edinburgh during the 80's and I qued up to see them, Tom was a gent...despite there being about 5000 people behind me in line he had time to ask me how I was doing and where I was from, totally laid back and taking his time signing my cassette.

Last edited by tony_2003; Mar 9th 2004 at 3:40 am.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 3:39 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
excellent stuff dude

Brother Beyond
Hazel Dean (I thought she was tres fit)
Sanitta

rock on!
My m8 thought Sinita was a hot piece of ass at the time, Ms Dean wasnt too shabby either.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 3:44 am
Through the square window

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by manc1976
excellent stuff dude

Brother Beyond
Hazel Dean (I thought she was tres fit)
Sinitta

rock on !
Behave yourselves !

Brother ******* beyond indeed....

The best SAW stuff (and I can't believe I'm posting this now) that you should listen to is:

Rick Astley. (Any of his are good)
Dead Or Alive (You Spin Me Round)
Mel and Kim.
Banaranama. (Venus)

I used to be a DJ in a previous life and over the DJ booth I had this big banner with "No S.A.W" on it.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 3:44 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tony_2003
My m8 thought Sinita was a hot piece of ass at the time, Ms Dean wasnt too shabby either.
at the time indeed. I just googled Hazel Dean.
she has not aged well, all things considered.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 3:47 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

They are the only band that I've actually met, they opened an HMV in Edinburgh during the 80's.
The only band I've ever met, funnily enough at a signing session in the HMV on Princes Street, was Runrig. Anyway, most of them are Aberdeen fans but I suspect that even if they joined up with Annie Lennox, Begbie would still win!
Old Mar 9th 2004, 3:49 am
Get em out by Friday

Behave yourselves !

Brother ******* beyond indeed....

The best SAW stuff (and I can't believe I'm posting this now) that you should listen to is:

Mel and Kim.
Banaranama. (Venus)

I used to be a DJ in a previous life and over the DJ booth I had this big banner with "No S.A.W" on it.
He he I think I have to agree on Brother Beyond, they havent improved with age. Rick is great, but SAW seemed to save the cheesiest uninventive lyrics for him..."She wants to dance with me
cos I hold her so tight next to me" for example.

Bananarama...in the words of Hale & Pace, large portion please!
Old Mar 9th 2004, 3:51 am
100% Pure

DaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond reputeDaveC has a reputation beyond repute

Mel and Kim.
Banaranama. (Venus)
Is it OK to admit to liking Kylie's SAW stuff now that she's cool?
That Dead or Alive song was class , the lead singer is quite a character. He's still happily married I believe!
Attached Thumbnails British Football thread-pfem.gif  
Old Mar 9th 2004, 4:03 am

Webbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond reputeWebbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DaveC
Is it OK to admit to liking Kylie's SAW stuff now that she's cool?
That Dead or Alive song was class , the lead singer is quite a character. He's still happily married I believe!
A few months before we left Blighty we saw (no pun intented) Pete Burns on "Never Mind The Buzzcocks" (miss that show)
Never knew he had the surgery done and what a ******* episode that was !
They constantly referred to him in subsiquent episodes and flashed up his pic.
:scared:
Kids... this is what will happen to you if you don't eat your veggies.

Kyle is cool again - she's a big AFOS fan as well, mentioned them in a couple of interviews and said so on VH1 - I Love The 80's.

Your avatar Dave - Carter USM. Another top band from the 90's.
Met them at the Reading Festival a few times. Was introduced to Fruitbat and Bob and hung around with them.
Carter were the emergency back up band at the Festival for a couple of years. If somebody didn't show they went on instead. Mean Fiddler paid them to hang around backstage and they got paid to get pissed !

Last edited by Webbie; Mar 9th 2004 at 4:08 am.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 7:18 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point

I loved your work in Bros

That was Matt Goss?

Im too young to remeber that - just

Come on FC Porto...
Old Mar 9th 2004, 7:28 am
Get em out by Friday

Utd 1 up at the mo
Old Mar 9th 2004, 7:34 am
Account Closed

Utd 1 up at the mo
Bugger,

Suppose I should be supporting them is its Europe and all, but I cant bring myself to do it.
Old Mar 9th 2004, 7:35 am
Account Closed

Utd 1 up at the mo

Away goals count?
Old Mar 9th 2004, 7:44 am
Get em out by Friday

Originally posted by mattbutt
Away goals count?
Yep
Old Mar 9th 2004, 7:45 am
Account Closed

Yep
bugger
Old Mar 9th 2004, 7:49 am

Have we lowered ourselves to the Lounge one word posts now ?
Currently listening to Chelski v Stuttgart at the mo, don't suppose you would be Matt Goss since you are up the Arse.
Nil-nil and not much goalmouth action.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.